May 02, 2024, 09:14:26 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33
46  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What are you're favorite units in the campaing? on: October 17, 2010, 09:27:26 AM
Oooo! I can't believe I failed to see this topic before!

Well, my favourite unit of the game is--quite unlike RopeDrink--the Steam Tank! The wonderful lumbering inaccurate crazy assortment of wood- and metal armour spouting wild paint jobs, running an utterly unreliable steam engine, that can roll over enemy regiments, and even has a mobile cannon! How can anyone NOT love this doom-inspiring piece of madness? The only way to improve on it would it it had a dwarf from Myth sitting on top of it throwing Molotov Cocktails!
47  Modifications / Troops / Re: Which are the real Black Grail Knights? on: October 13, 2010, 11:36:43 PM
Something tells me Lordbrapus is searching for the forbidden love:
48  Modifications / Troops / Re: Which are the real Black Grail Knights? on: October 10, 2010, 11:06:50 PM
i trying to say that black grials are blood dragon, in thevampire counts 7th edition of warhamer, because blood dragon are ex-dead bretonian knights, and the black grial are that too, dead bretonian knights, in this case, the grial knights :S
Blood Dragons? I don't remember those. "Blood Knights" are undead Bretonian knights turned by the Vampire Counts. I guess the Black Grail Knights could 'simply' be resurrected Grail Knights, but that would only make them normal Black Knights, albeit perhaps more powerful ones. I personally think there'd be something more sinister going on to produce the horrendous übergespenstapftungen that are the BGK we all know love and adore.

Alavet, i thought you loved me,  now i see you are cheating me with mika..

Mika , i was going to cheat alavet with you , but i see it is too late.

PS:  maybe a 3some can fix any love triangle problems between us ?

I'm not certain what's going on in this thread anymore, but I'm rather convinced it is not on-topic... O.o Also, I'm fetching a NSFW-tag from the storage.
49  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: a fan on: October 05, 2010, 06:31:25 PM
Welcome, and good to have you with us! Tournaments are fun, join in! Smiley
50  Modifications / Troops / Re: Which are the real Black Grail Knights? on: October 04, 2010, 07:25:32 PM
To "Lordbraprus"
Subject "Request for clarification"
Message "I have no idea what you are saying or asking there..."
51  Modifications / Tools / Re: Question about Magic objects on: October 04, 2010, 07:19:39 PM
Who set the monster flags on LordB?!
* Mikademus runs in terror!
52  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Music on: October 04, 2010, 07:18:15 PM
I liked that song and has listened to it a few times at work today. It is a good ambient trance tune with a positive beat. And electronic music is usually based on repetition. Btw, hip hop or rap, which most people will claim to like, is much more repetitive still. (Btw, I can't stand hip hop or rap).
53  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Speach files on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:30 PM
Oh, btw, we're running on servers in Sweden now, so the strict German interpretation of indirect linking to copyrighted material does no longer apply.
54  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Monsterous Menagerie on: September 30, 2010, 12:40:15 PM
Do not take few replies here as lack of interest! I am keeping my eyes on this mod! I've got to admit I am almost afraid to try this one, it seems intimidating!
55  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: a newby with a few questions about DO improvements on: September 26, 2010, 11:46:09 PM
Hey all,

i am new here too. What a great community!!!

It is indeed! Welcome! Smiley
56  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Monsterous Menagerie on: September 26, 2010, 12:45:16 AM
Haha! Better music indeed! Cool remix of Ben Daeglish's 1983 Commodore 64 smash hit song "Commando"! :thumbsup:

Please share! Smiley
57  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Is Last Battle beatable with all option missions failed? on: September 25, 2010, 09:22:02 PM
Mindscape had an DO expansions in the works, there are already provisions made for it in the code, and the box blurbs promote it! There were rumours of a sequel too, but as Darko said, the division was closed down Sad We are not happy about it here - at the least having an official expansion would probably have helped the modding quite a bit since they'd have had to make the engine a bit more generic...

Also really frekkin' annoying that the sequel for Jupiter was never made. The tech demo video is gorgeous, still four years or something later!

Wanted: Dead or Alive, wasn't that turn-based tactics, rather than real-time though? I remember it as a decent but difficult game, but I never played it to any large extent...
58  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: suggestions for "dark_omen like" games on: September 24, 2010, 04:29:09 PM
As for Myth, look for the full titles of the games:
1) Myth: The Fallen Lords
2) Myth II: Soulblighter
3) Myth III: The Wolf Age

Wiki article is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_%28series%29

Jupiter: The Nexus Incident is a good game. In the same style you can also look for Space Wolves and Space Wolves II. If you can find it, "Starship Tropers: Terran Ascendancy" is also an entertaining squad-based sci-fi RTT game.
59  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Is Last Battle beatable with all option missions failed? on: September 24, 2010, 04:24:39 PM
Just replayed SOTHR few days back...why they stopped making these games it beyond reason. Brilliant stuff, even the graphics and interface didn't bother me after a few minutes.

PS I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of the game Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

They probably stopped the series for three reasons: First, in 1996--1998 the mainstream didn't really understand RTT: RTS games were the New Big Thing, and RTT also differed so much from grand scale strategy games that few people had the categories to grok it as a genre. Indeed, PC Gamer in Sweden reviewed it and called it an "incomplete RTS game"... :facepalm:

Secondly, I suspect Games Workshop refused to renew the licence, either because of low sales or because they foresaw in Dark Omen's quite excellent adaptation of the TT game and experience a direct threat to their bread and butter: overpriced figurines and table top rulebooks.

Thirdly, Myth III and IV as well as The Create Assembly filled the little void Dark Omen left, probably enough so that other companied preferred to feed the larger and more mass-marketable niches of FPS and RTS games rather than compete with excellence in a niche segment. In fact, RTT was so overlooked that few AAA companies even were aware of it! And it takes mainstream recognition to create the critical mass to achieve mass marketability... Circular in way, but our world doesn't usually work on principles of fairness and due reward.

As for Jupiter, interesting timing: yesterday I just wrote about that game in this very forum (check the RTT sub-forum)! Loved that game! You could check out Space Wolves I and II: they're very similar though not as excellent!
60  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Monsterous Menagerie on: September 23, 2010, 08:57:53 PM
Intense video! Great shame you missed that magic sword - a lone gobbo survived to carry it into the woods! Cheesy

This campaign looks like it will pose a challenge perhaps even for seasoned Dark Omeneers!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33