April 20, 2024, 02:26:37 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: suggestions for "dark_omen like" games  (Read 11902 times)
sebovick
Troll

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:55:08 PM »

Hello here,

I have found your site on wikipedia, on the Dark Omen page Smiley. I have questions for you bunch of warriors :°). I have some times to kill in this moment, and I was thinking to this game I have played years berfore...... year WarHammer  "Dark Omen". I have finished this game looooot of time on my old playstation. I really love it. Happy to see people continuing to keep the game alive. Are there the questions.
- Do I need the original game to install your extention, or does the game free now?
- Do you know what in the actuality (pre-darkomen or post-darkomen actuality), may be tried to play whis the same game pleasure?

I hope my message is on the rigth topic, and is not redundant.

Happy to see this place. Happy to see warhammer dark omen still alive Smiley

Regards

Sebovick

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:35:39 AM »

hi, welcome sebovick, i will answer something important .

dark omen expanded is a mod, we dont have a official mod to be used, we have a couple of mods, but dark omen expanded is known bevause it have a lot of new units , what i would tell you is to make a back up of Grapchis and Gamedata folders, because these are changed in the switching of mods, we use the mods for playing oturnaments, each tournament players who sign in , vote a mod, the mod with more votes is played that tourny Smiley so that is the reason you need a back up, so after each tourny you put the original files again... until next tourny in wich you replace the original files with the mod respective files.

and i did not understand this "- Do you know what in the actuality (pre-darkomen or post-darkomen actuality), may be tried to play whis the same game pleasure?"

and you should posted in TAVERN /INTRODUCTIONS ahaha Tongue cya

PS: REMEMBER THAT I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, FOR EVER YOURS.
braprus (itlerion in hamachi Tongue)

ito maquiesves
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »

Hi!

The first question is easily answered: you need a playable installation of Dark Omen regardless of form (original CD, copy or rip), and then you apply our unofficial mods on your game installation.

I take it that in your second question you're asking about if there are any other games, before or after Dark Omen, that offers a similar game experience? Unfortunately, only a very few. The Myth games, especially the first three games, are somewhat similar. The game "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" is a sci-fi spaceship battle game that plays somewhat similarly. And of course you should give the battles of the Total War games a try.

Anyone else with some suggestions about RTT games that a Dark Omen veteran must play?

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:03 PM »

Welcome sebovick,

Shadow of the Horned Rat. The 1995 Prequel to Dark Omen that is best played via a Playstation Emulation.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tactical-wargaming-and-other-warhammer-games/shadow-of-the-horned-rat-t121.0.html

Warrior Kings Battles and Myth and even Lord of Rings first game, captured some of the feel of Dark Omen as it had Wizards and Cavalry/Archers etc but sadly based on Command and Conquer Sage Engine but really nothing comes that close to Dark Omen which is why we all are here over 10 years after its release. Medieval 2 Total War Call of Warhammer Mod is probably my favourite alternative.

Roll on WARTBED and Necrominicon!

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
sebovick
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. My questions has been well understood. Sorry for my bad english.
  I will look at this "total war" game serie. I have seen some video on it, i will give it a try.
  About lotr (first game), I have tried it, and found the idea somewhat similar in the way that you can keep and upgrade your army during all the game. But tactic/simulation is in it's most basic expression.
  I have found the "nexus jupiter incident" on the web. The concept look great (more simulation that tactic). I will try to find it.
  For the "Myth" game series, i did not find anithing on google. The word "myth" is to vast. Can you give me the full name of one of the episodes?
  About DarkOmen, I try to find a PC version of the game (wich is mandatory to play the mod?). I only have a playstation CD (without playstation). Can it be used to play the online mod (using an emulator?).
And thanks for this link to "Shadow of the Horned Rat". It look really great Smiley. I will try it soon... first i think.

Again, thanks for your precious informations Smiley.

sebovick

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:51:07 PM by sebovick » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »

Type "Dark Omen Fans" into Google and you will find lots of sites that probably offer the PC for Download but always best to purchase from Ebay. You will need the PC version of Dark Omen to play any of our Mods (PC only) and remember that the PC version is Multiplayer, unlike the Playstation version (great shame).

Myth2 is fantastic game

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Myth+2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=_LubTIHJBMiW4gbBnuQw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CEAQsAQwBA&biw=1003&bih=567

Don't forget to try Warrior Kings Battles

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1003&bih=567&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=Warrior+Kings+Battles&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Smiley

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:53:11 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

As for Myth, look for the full titles of the games:
1) Myth: The Fallen Lords
2) Myth II: Soulblighter
3) Myth III: The Wolf Age

Wiki article is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_%28series%29

Jupiter: The Nexus Incident is a good game. In the same style you can also look for Space Wolves and Space Wolves II. If you can find it, "Starship Tropers: Terran Ascendancy" is also an entertaining squad-based sci-fi RTT game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: