May 02, 2024, 06:49:42 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33
61  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: suggestions for "dark_omen like" games on: September 23, 2010, 08:47:04 PM
Hi!

The first question is easily answered: you need a playable installation of Dark Omen regardless of form (original CD, copy or rip), and then you apply our unofficial mods on your game installation.

I take it that in your second question you're asking about if there are any other games, before or after Dark Omen, that offers a similar game experience? Unfortunately, only a very few. The Myth games, especially the first three games, are somewhat similar. The game "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" is a sci-fi spaceship battle game that plays somewhat similarly. And of course you should give the battles of the Total War games a try.

Anyone else with some suggestions about RTT games that a Dark Omen veteran must play?
62  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: September 21, 2010, 11:43:18 PM
Oh, it is not secret at all Smiley It is an attempt to write a tactical wargame for casual gamers. Though the engine is actually really tactically rich the goal is to mask this and create an extremely easy-to-use interface so we can sell it perhaps even to soccer mums. And as I mentioned before, I try to make everything in such a way that all code written have direct relevance for WARTBED. F.i. I've just written a complex sprite module for multi-direction animations, which can be plugged almost directly into it.

About M3D to M3X: I think they must have used a tool to manage the conversion of those, because the divided version is really structured in how it is disassembled. Let's look at it together later!
63  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Monsterous Menagerie on: September 20, 2010, 05:46:02 PM
This sounds really neat! I'm looking forward to the recording!
64  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: September 16, 2010, 07:08:14 PM
Thanks Brapus, I honesty admire and appreciate all you guys' patience! Currently I'm down with a cold and no voice and am thinking quite a bit about what tools could be made to help Olly's current efforts!
65  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Monsterous Menagerie on: September 16, 2010, 07:06:20 PM
One thing I want to give you credit for is that you test things thoroughly and tweak for a good short- and long term gaming experience! Therefore I believe you will make a really worthwhile alternative campaign!
66  Modifications / Troops / Re: Troop replacement cost formulas on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:54 PM
Not really much pseudocode there is it? That basically could be used as it is...  Wink
67  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Monsterous Menagerie on: September 09, 2010, 11:14:20 AM
I think this campaign looks really interesting. I especially like the creativity of attaching "handlers" to monsters to allow you to use these units more tactically rather than as expendable suicide troops.
68  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Music on: September 09, 2010, 11:11:35 AM
I absolutely love Deathmetal. The more brutal, than better imo. ... I'm playing in two bands myself. as the vocalist. or gurgler, growler, I can't sing, I make noises xD

That's the very definition of Death Metal, isn't it? Cheesy
69  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: September 05, 2010, 02:01:02 PM
Holy crap, the guy that demonstrates can't play the game at all! I wish I could hear much less understand what the commentators say, though...
70  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: dark omen- the movie on: September 05, 2010, 01:53:01 PM
For all our favourite witch hunter, what about Malcom McDowell? He'd also suit the role of flagellator pretty well.
71  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: September 03, 2010, 03:53:34 PM
I'm working together with some guys on what will hopefully be a commercial project atm. However, all code I write with the intention of using it in WARTBED so when things happen, a lot will come at once.

I was pretty burned out a while ago when working at WB since first of all I worked at a maniacal pace, and secondly when I ran into a problem with OGRE nobody helped me or believed me when I identified a bug in OGRE, which I then had to solve for myself. It took a month to do so, and wass all kinds of frustrating hell. And when I finally solved it nobody thanked me. So yeah, that sapped so much motivation. I'm still bitter about it...

Nonetheless, I appreciate you asking because that increases the likelihood of a release sooner rather than later Wink
72  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: dark omen- the movie on: September 03, 2010, 03:46:43 PM
Yeah, I definitely second Ron Perlman! Also I think John-Rhys Davies might be perfect for Luthor Flamestrike!
73  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: dark omen- the movie on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:49 AM
I want Rutger Hauer casted in one of the roles! And if Russel Crowe has Bernhardt I'd be bored, we need a more special and less Hollywood-mainstream actor for him; what about Gary Oldman? Proper British English, and I want to hear him scream for the defeat of the undead!
74  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Lustria (Lizardmen) job getting started. on: August 22, 2010, 06:38:03 PM
Yeah, I enjoy you're taking some creative freedom when designing the models! Are you making animations for them too?
75  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What means your NickName on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:13 AM
Yeah, Nikademus is the arch villain of the Phantasie series of CRPGs, and one of the inspirations for my alias Smiley Good find!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33