April 20, 2024, 09:55:55 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]
481  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Real-time Tactics games of interest on: September 08, 2008, 10:20:57 PM
I've just came across a game called "XIII Century: Death or Glory", which seems like an interesting title. It seems to be a take on Total War, that it, a fully tactical real-time wargame with a realistic setting. Like Mark of Chaos it seems to emphasise close-up cameras over a more distanced view, which always is problematic for tactical control. However, the interface seems relatively well thought-through and somewhat inspired by Dark Omen:

482  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Good Victories on: September 07, 2008, 11:49:02 PM
If you find Omen to easy slip back in time a little further with shadow of the horned rat.
Speaking of which, can we expect more SotHR videos soon? I'm ravenous for more!
483  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: what is wartbed exactly? on: September 02, 2008, 05:20:18 PM
Hi baddie! Welcome to this forum! I'll start posting here now since the main site is officially open! I just made a blog entry answering exactly your question, I hope that was what you wanted to know! Smiley
484  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / The new old community main site on: September 02, 2008, 04:09:59 PM
Hi folks! With the opening of www.dark-omen.org we're trying to centralise the Dark Omen community to here. So welcome to the new (old) centre of the growing Dark Omen and Dark Omen modding community!
485  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: May 09, 2008, 09:34:15 PM
At the moment, most of Dark Omens' data files have been decrypted. A 3D level editor is underway, and you can already edit most things by using the interim text-mode editors or a hex editor following the format descriptions being assembled.

Since some critical things --like 3D engine, AI, interface, some game flow detailes, and most important, game rules and logic-- are hardcoded into the executable, not everything we want to can be modded. Therefore, much thought have been put into recreating DO in a modern shape. I'd like to do it in a cross-platform shape using Irrlicht or Ogre 3D as portable and immensly powerful graphics solutions.

The only problem is manpower and time. If you would be willing to contribute to this and are proficient in C++ then you are more than welcome to join in! Please join the IRC channel, or PM me to get into direct contact with me/us.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]