May 17, 2024, 12:26:56 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33
76  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Map Template Mod on: August 20, 2010, 12:13:27 PM
I only just saw this, and this is way beyond cool! This is fantastic! Olly, mad props to you for your extremely impressive results!
77  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Great News - Call of Warhammer on: August 12, 2010, 12:25:40 PM
Now, what I am truly interested in knowing is if this includes the skeleton animations for the models? If so, yeah, great things will happen both in DO modding and remake development!
78  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: We'll change on: August 12, 2010, 12:23:30 PM
Bumping this thread (which is really unnecessary since it is stickied) to show it the love it deserves.

Bem has been doing a fantastic job on this site, and I have had many good and creative discussions with him that has helped develop it, so a big thanks to him, and I hope to see him return here when other phases of his life leaves space for it!

Olly, as usual you write impressive and interesting walls of text, and the timeline of contacts you chronicled above was fascinating reading! Many thanks for your patience as well!

As DjLeBombe stated, this is a great community with much love and tolerance, that requires very little maintenance and moderation. Add to that the love of this great game and we truly have a place to be proud to be a member of and belong to!

Also, thanks to everyone here for their patience and continual enthusiasm! The projects we do here are of the kind that takes much time and are exhaustive enough to require breaks now and then, but people are understanding and supportive. This is truly a good place to be!
79  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Wiki: wrong user O.o on: June 26, 2010, 06:53:12 PM
So I updated the Wiki page on WARTBED scripting, and now I see that Ghabry is given as the poster. Did something happen and you had to restore information, or have we experienced an interesting issue with the wiki?
80  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: When is a topic "Dead"? on: June 26, 2010, 06:49:18 PM
I personally have no understanding of forum police lamenting "thread necromancy" - if someone has information pertinent to an already existing thread then it should be added there, and any ensuing discussion will have the benefit of all already provided information.

So yeah, do raise old threads! :thumbsup:
81  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Downtime the next few days on: June 26, 2010, 06:45:01 PM
We're right now in negotiations with The People's Republic of China. A prosperous and glorious future to all hard workers of the great commune of Dark Omen will follow!
82  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: We'll change on: June 26, 2010, 06:42:36 PM
Welcome to Sweden
83  Modifications / Maps / Re: Cooperative maps for DO on: June 11, 2010, 01:27:41 PM
In SotHR there were allied (though probably set as "neutral") regiments not under the player's control, so conceivably there is still support for that in DO, though I can't remember any battle in DO with allied units not controllable by the player. But IF we can uncover how to activate such a mode, IF both huiman players can be set to the same faction, and IF this mode also works if these units can be set to hostile instead of neutral, then such a mode might work.

Notice the superabundance of if-statements, above.
84  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Send my your savegames! on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:41 PM
Good analysis! I like the data you've added to the editor! Could you indent the dependent choices, like below?

x A or B
   x  A       x B

*big fat thumbs up!*
85  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Dark Omen Table Topped! DOTT. (Mod) on: June 10, 2010, 10:19:12 PM
*summons Darkmancer, Mika, olly & Grend to this thread

You know that daemons in Warhammer can refuse summons, right? Smiley

Anyway, yeah, I agree with the choir above, great Initiative! That's all I can say until I've seen more, of course Smiley
86  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Avatars for members on: June 10, 2010, 12:30:13 AM
and for mikademus:
[image]
because of his misterius appearence, peculiar parson and hand-like-face face?
Translation, anyone? Also, I have a hat similar to that which I never ever use. O.o

or....
[image]
because he is a fat person that always sits and eat when he is watching something entretainment and he has a high place in the community (like the ingame governor of bogehanfen)
Hey! I'll have you know that I am slim and trim and prettier than a bouquet of highly masculine lilacs! But I do sit and eat a lot, and generally watching something when doing so, that's true...
87  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: Inspiration. How about making SC2 Dark-Omen ? Mika & Grend & other modders! on: June 10, 2010, 12:22:29 AM
I think there is nothing wrong with several projects running at the same time. Wartbed is a huge undertaking and will take time but will also be tailored to RTT needs, while SC2 can probably spit out something faster but that will ultimately probably not be able to deliver the perfect feel. There is not a conflict between simultaneous projects, and any resources could and should be shared between all of these, so go for it! Smiley As I said, I will assist as well as I can! Cool
88  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: Inspiration. How about making SC2 Dark-Omen ? Mika & Grend & other modders! on: June 09, 2010, 12:08:04 PM
Wow, huge wall of posts! Will go through them, but I'll just throw down some immediate thoughts:

First, I agree that SC2 might be a nice framework to implement a remake in because we're given many tools which would be extremely convenient. One reason I don't like the pure modding path, though, is that people need to actually purchase an unrelated game (SC2) to play the remake.

The commercial point aside, what I suspect will be a huge problem is that at least as of now SC2 doesn't allow user-contributed resources (models and graphics), which might change soon of course, and also isn't intended for regimental formations - I fear these might be very difficult to implement. Also, though it isn't really apparent, SC2 actually doesn't feature very many units at the same time: even if both sides were to be capped out at 200/200 with only zerglings you'd only have some 400 units at the same time. A large DO battle, especially with more than two players at the same time, might easily have 1000 to perhaps even 1500 units (thinking of regiments with 20 to 30 units), and all these would have to be moved in formation by script code rather than SC2 internal code, which could make it extremely slow.

Nonetheless, if someone would like to try making a DO-like prototype in SC2 I'd be happy to give any assistance I can as well as to share any resources and code that might be useful. Smiley
89  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: me, and my armor :P , on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:38 AM
I Prefer the 2nd Picture, especially with the Dark Omen Shield

Smiley

Yeah, I saw that too!

Good to see that you're highly realistic and given yourself stats better than those of a Chosen Champion of Khorne! Cheesy
90  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: A little Joke on: June 09, 2010, 11:50:47 AM
In a stereotypic Italian accent, "sheet" and "shit" are pronounced the same Wink
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33