March 29, 2024, 04:41:51 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
16  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: February 13, 2011, 06:58:19 PM
Oh, I only realised TODAY that there were replies in this thread! O.o Thanks guys for the positive comments! The current version would be available for download and testing if I could bludgeon Olly into uploading it to the dark-omen FTP Smiley

To tie in with the topic of this thread, I am currently testing different solutions for the network layer. At this time I am coding a simple lobby in Boost AISO atm to evaluate it as a good package for wartbed.
17  Modifications / Tools / Re: Campaign Tool on: February 12, 2011, 02:39:02 PM
Malus, the calculations for the unit gold costs should be in the ARM editor, so Ghabry probably knows it. Didn't we post that on the .arm page of the wiki?
18  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Random pics on: February 07, 2011, 07:09:27 PM
Ooo! Hot female orkettes! Thanks for sharing pictures from your personal stash!
19  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Random pics on: January 16, 2011, 07:22:11 PM
Ok Olly, you're now officially off the geek list and on the cool list! It was good knowing you, I will miss you! Cheesy
20  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Odds and bits I found on: January 03, 2011, 08:33:23 PM
I was searching through old paper stashes and I came across two hilarious things:

1) A print-out of the the original email Smurf sent to me 1998 with his findings on the DO .SPR format (sprite format). It has this text in 24pt boldface at the top:
[CONTIDENTIAL INFORMATION ENCLOSED]
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS eMAIL THEN PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DELETE IT

2) In the same stash there is a photo-copied article from a computer magazine with this header and introduction:
The last dance for Windows 95
Windows 98 is here with new system tools and a tightly integrated web reader. The programs that are included may give you more secure operations and faster program boot times, but the upgrade from Windows 95 will not be advantageous for everyone. ... the launch of Windows 98 is an anticlimax ... many shuns Windows 98.... Windows 95 used as much hard drive space as 152 MB ... [but Windows 98 requires]... 195 MB.
Conclusion: There are no advantages to Win98 over Win95!
21  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Merry Christmas / Happy New Year on: December 31, 2010, 05:26:19 PM
And Eine Gott Nuevos Nian on all you guys! Let's make 2011 a really good year!

PS. My Christmas presents were all kitchen stuff, and I got my parents a Wii. I don't know if this marks some kind of transition in life or is just an ironic twist... O.o
22  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Merry Christmas on: December 25, 2010, 12:56:31 AM
And Christmas in Sweden is also over, at least "Christmas" in the sense of "exchanging gifts"; the "gluttonous foodfest" aspect will keep on for two more days Cheesy

Merry Christmas guys!
23  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Random pics on: December 22, 2010, 07:04:07 PM
Looks like they're having fun! Crazy kids!
24  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Dark Omen 2 released (beta) on: December 21, 2010, 09:33:42 PM
Skaven?! Count me in! Or rather, give me a solid gun emplacement and let me let loose on the disgusting critters!

\o/
25  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: December 21, 2010, 12:06:09 PM
Oh you sceptical people Smiley

You will not get a movie, you will get the executable itself.

Although making demo movies sounds like an interesting idea, I could perhaps make those and present on my youtube channel to show new features... Thanks for the idea! Smiley
26  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: December 20, 2010, 10:23:02 PM
Time for some good news!

Lately I have taken time off my commercial projects and pulled some strings to invest in bringing WARTBED forward. This has paid off.

The two stumbling blocks that have kept WARTBED from moving on have been (a) that OGRE's own geometry intersection code didn't work and I had to fix it myself which took a long time and much frustration, and (2) that a versatile camera that intrinsically is capable of RTS, FPS and orbit/Dark Omen styles was very complicated to implement under Ogre.

Both these problems have now been solved. The camera took a guy with a doctorate in maths to fix but hey, now it works very sweetly indeed!

Therefore, expect a new map viewer any day, and work on the map editor will go on.

Further, on a personal note, I now have academic credits in Old English (AD 400--1130). O.o
27  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Alternative Mercenary Campaign on: December 18, 2010, 08:23:49 PM
update please! with pretty pictures!

You gave him 12 minutes before asking for updates! Cheesy

Anyway, I echo Olly's sentiments: Connor, this is a great idea! *applause*
28  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Dark Omen as a Facegroup on: December 17, 2010, 07:47:53 PM
Isn't that a group photo of your Dark Omen clan "Deep Muckers"? I like the uniform, especially the boots! You're prepared for everything!

Who is Michael Andersson and Conor Devlin

I have no idea. Lips Sealed
29  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Lustria (Lizardmen) job getting started. on: December 13, 2010, 06:47:41 PM
Really nice! I like how the "archers" put blowpipes to their lips when firing!
30  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Dark Omen as a Facegroup on: December 13, 2010, 06:42:14 PM
rainbow in Argentinian culture means death, just like white in Japan and black in Europe
so this girl right there is some kind of grim reaper and only you take it for what you think it means Mika ;
So that clay girl is the grim gay reaper? 0.ò
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33