May 17, 2024, 02:42:07 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 149
2056  Modifications / Troops / Re: Skeleton Unbreakability test on: April 22, 2009, 01:41:17 AM
Great initial Concept for Tests WarpGhost and Ive certainly learnt

that Skeletons are'nt as good as I personally once thought.

Mapping all the Dark Omen game mechanics is a facinating Subject

and the more we can confirm Table Tops Rules in action, so much the better.

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/ARM

All of this just further enhances Dark Omen's reputation as a true game of Quality.

Thnx

Smiley

2057  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5k/15 revision (7k/21 - 9k/27) plus Elite mode - fundaments on: April 22, 2009, 01:08:09 AM
Translated Site:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmausoleojuegos.iespana.es%2FDarko.html&sl=es&tl=en&history_state
0=es
|en|

Excellent and detailed work Crusoe,
if I understand correctly,the main ideas are:

-use an unique table points for 5, 7 and 9k games

3000/10 was originaly created to provide some basic structure and for more
Honourable armies to be made but also to make the Battles Smaller. Apart
from starting at the beginning with 3k and working our way upto 5, 7 and
9k, we also wanted to provide a good training ground for new memebers to
learn and gain experience, without feeling over whelmed by a Large scale 9k
Battle (wanted to keep 3k and 5k small). We all felt happy with 3000/10 and
it proved to make for some great Tournament Battles but as we all worked our
way into 5k, it became apparent that to make 7k different from both 5k and 9k,
wouldn't be a simple case of proportionaly scaling up the current Points system.
So I was pleased to see that u have covered the whole range, including 7k and 9k.

Smiley

-the 5k/15 playlability must be preserved in later games

I completely agree, we all appreciate the efforts that have already gone
into 3 and 5k Rules and apart from minor changes, based on playing each
other and new tests/information, they have served their primary purpose,
no one has made really dishonourable armies and it has kept it small and
enjoyable Battles. So your guides and new Point Tables should prove for
some fantastic 7k and 9k tests. Maybe we can have regular mini tournaments
to test all these recent and different great new Rules Sets, to evolve and
enhance them.

-all troops and items conbinations must be posible inside

I know what u mean about excluding Black Grail KNights from having the Horn
but I was championing this cause, as I feel that there is a difference
between Skelton Horsemen having Horn and killing them in Melee' (if possible)
and trying to do the same against BGK. Even if they did the same tactic with
Skeleton Horsemen, there would at least be more troops in the field to chase
and divert thier micromanegent away from Skeleton Cavarly.
(If this turns out not to be the case then my second judgement against them
being even 15 points together and not 16, would be that it would encourage
dishonourable behavoiur (my personal view) if my opponent spent all their
money on BGK and Horn. I wouldn't enjoy and have fun, if i reguraly faced
them.(Speaking from a 3000/10 and 5000/10 point of view as I need more Anti
Magic Items (Spell Shield Eater, and Banners(Arcane, Morks or Defiance or a
Mage to  Dispell,Not as bad a problem in 9k) on Troops, to Negate the effects
of the Horn. The problem is that you don't know, you are going to face them and
cater by having obvious countermeasures.

-beside that, rule must continue to be restricting the multi games

I agree, all the community has benefited from recent Rule sets and any that can apply to
7k and 9k are greatly received.

-Elite Troop

Very intersting concept,usually assosiated with Online campaigns but as it
is optional and upto players to arrange before hand, then it could be fun.

I think the problem would be that to gain experience would mean to win
and therefore become stronger, making other players unlikely to win and
gain their own experience, unless we have many pools of players. To incorporate
this idea which may make it more of an online campaign idea,it has been my long
term dream to host an Ultimate Undead army (that includes Dread King, doesn't require
 opponent to Mod anything , since DK already exists in single player game, same for Hand
of Nagesh,(maybe fixed DOC111). Then players could face me and try "beating the Dread king"
and as along as they receive lots of gold at the end of the match (when they probably loose
but DK is beatable as we know Wink ) they can use the Gold to replenish their army and providing 
they Tactical retreat their most precious Troops from being totally annilated, then they will keep
the experience and just require money to be spent on them. This provides Excellent training and
once u do beat the Dread King , then u can become the Host of The Ultimate Undead Dread King
Army that others can face. (Early concept ideas)

-looking4 the way to use other lvls(lv 2,3,4) of troops

Intending to keep 3 and 5000/15 different in gameplay styles to 9k, the
decison was made to keep 3 and 5k to all Level 1, and eventualy allow 9k to
use all other Levels, Armour included. However, i can appreciate how a different
set of rules will have to be applied to eventual 7 and 9k, since mutiplying and scaling
from 5000/15 (where it works well) will lead to problems.

Very Inspiring work and ideas for balancing 7k and 9k,
that we will enjoy testing and playing through in persuit of hapiness.

Thanks

Smiley

2058  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FACTIONS on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:23 AM
The Honour and Artillary Codes, are my Favourites, very nice concepts.

Smiley
2059  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: I see double on: April 18, 2009, 10:35:26 AM
Could you provide a screenshot of your Dark Omen Graphics Options please

and list what operating system Xp/Vista/Vista64 and Monitor etc

As i've seen this happen when i was testing 3D mode (swapping from 3D to CPU)

and since it wan't double vision before (just black back ground), then there is Hope

that it can be Fixed. I advise following the guide but after uninstalling the Game (Clean Reg)

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Smiley

2060  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Hello on: April 17, 2009, 06:36:04 PM
Welcome Grend!

Great Time to Join,

New Mods, Monthly Tournaments

Smiley

2061  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Dwarf Campaign Now Released :) on: April 17, 2009, 06:28:11 PM
I've already been taking the Audio from SOTHR

and using it in Dark Omen, so instead of Charge

they Say Tally Ho! Thanks to Rob's excellent Audio Convertor.

Ultimately it was to try and extract/record the various Dwarf/other

Race voices from SOTHR, to re-use on any eventual new Units/Sprites.

Smiley

2062  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: LAN problems Help!! on: April 16, 2009, 11:18:19 PM
Glad it works!

Smiley

A real puzzle indeed, why it can play online but then not LAN matches. I may have a vauge memory of having to use an old HUB for LAN, instead of my Router but what do you enter for the DNS when u manually enter the IP addresses for each PC, do u give them both the Router IP address for their DNS>?

Although since u can join and see each other and it crashes after pressing FIGHT, then it makes me think more of something perhaps forbidding it to progress further/initiate when Local and not Online. However, if it looks like the Indentical Error of the Map Patch (which is now fixed) then communications are doubtfull. A problem like this would really require testing and documenting various combinations. As there seems to be a counter arguement against each initial thought/idea.

Smiley

2063  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: SOTHR Game Mechanics- STATS on: April 15, 2009, 01:00:17 AM
Jeff Gamon
"With the first game, we tried to replicate the Wahammer tabletop game on a computer system. That made for a very good game if you are into Warhammer fantasy battles but a very clumsy slow and unresponsive game if, you are into real time strategy computer games. We've not thrown away the Games Workshop rulebook but we are certainly bending the rules to make them more suitable for computer games."

PCZ: Sept 1997

Did the Games Workshop team object in any way?

JG: No -infact they almost cheered when i told them that was what we intended to do.

PCZ: So, is Dark Omen just simpler then the orignal game then?

JG:On the surface yes- the interface is far easier to use- but there's actually far more depth in there.
There's a lot of glitz and polish but deep down there's an awuful lot of nerdy strategy stuff."

Goes onto say about now True Line of Sight etc

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/new-dark-omen-game-beta-pictures-t278.0.html
2064  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Mini Tournament on: April 14, 2009, 10:59:45 PM
Congratualtions  WarpGhost!

Thanks to all players, some really enjoyable matches!

Great Training for Armies and Connections, for approaching Real Tournament.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-april-t261.0.html;msg1752;topicseen#msg1752

Smiley

2065  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Which Country (/Continent) has most memebers on: April 14, 2009, 01:41:21 PM
Welcome! 

A great time to Join the Community,

New Mods, Maps, Sprites, Monthly Tournaments!

Smiley

2066  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactics / Re: Some "tactic" for making units flee on: April 14, 2009, 01:36:12 PM
"These are tests performed by the game, based on the various TROOP CHARACTERISTICS.
In the tabletop WARHAMMER BATTLE, game tests are rolled by the players on two six sided dice.

For example, a leadership test is often performed to see if a regiment will rout (run away) from combat.
If the result is higher that the regiments Leadership value then the test has failed and the regiment will rout.
In Shadow of the Horned Rat the computer simulates these dice rolls".

So I don't think anything else is included, such as a Friendly Unit being Close to Calm them Fleeing.

Although I hope so and Great Addition for WARTBED Wish List!

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/Wartbed:Brainstorming

Smiley

2067  Modifications / Troops / Re: Commander Leadership Rule on: April 14, 2009, 12:12:21 AM
"These are tests performed by the game, based on the various TROOP CHARACTERISTICS.
In the tabletop WARHAMMER BATTLE, game tests are rolled by the players on two six sided dice.

For example, a leadership test is often performed to see if a regiment will rout (run away) from combat.
If the result is higher that the regiments Leadership value then the test has failed and the regiment will rout.
In Shadow of the Horned Rat the computer simulates these dice rolls".

So I don't think anything else is included, such a Friendly Unit being Close to Calm them Fleeing.

Although I hope so and Great Addition for WARTBED Wish List!

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/Wartbed:Brainstorming

Smiley

2068  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 13, 2009, 05:52:59 PM
Let me Check my Diary!

Yes, I appear to be Free, please Count me in!

Smiley

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/new-dark-omen-game-beta-pictures-t278.0.html;msg1683;topicseen#msg1683

Wink

2069  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: April 13, 2009, 05:00:13 AM
Epic Story,

The previous Goblin one was so refreshing to play,

I can't wait to Battle my way through this new Dwarf one!

Thanks

Smiley

2070  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Original Mindscape/EA Dark Omen Developers on: April 13, 2009, 04:16:44 AM
Hidden away on the Dark Omen CD are movies of the Original Dark Omen Developers!

They Motion Captured themselves to create the 3D Model Portraits in Dark Omen game.

We have thanked them all For 10 years Great gameplay, when we all celebrated Dark Omen's 10th Anniversary!

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 149