April 18, 2024, 06:30:05 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Commander Leadership Rule  (Read 8368 times)
DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »

How this rule its apply in the game?
i mean; in the tabletop game one miniature must be designed General (or Commander, i dont know the translation) and so, when the rest of the units must check with L and are at one determinated distance of the General can use the L of him, that usually its better. Sometimes when a unit routes in DO, i sent a cavalry next to them and the unit reagroup; its this a coincidance or a mechanic of the game similar to the General Rule?   Huh?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:39:32 AM »

I tested this for a few weeks now:

How this rule its apply in the game?
i mean; in the tabletop game one miniature must be designed General (or Commander, i dont know the translation) and so, when the rest of the units must check with L and are at one determinated distance of the General can use the L of him, that usually its better.
In Singleplayer the Leader of a regiment have better leaderships and I think he have to "win" the leadership check, if a regiment will route or not. In Multiplayer a leader have no extra stats in leadership, so I think, that this "function" is not implemented.

Sometimes when a unit routes in DO, i sent a cavalry next to them and the unit reagroup; its this a coincidance or a mechanic of the game similar to the General Rule?   Huh?

I think that is fortune. I tested this many times and cannot confirm any differences by regrouping.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »

How this rule its apply in the game? Sometimes when a unit routes in DO, i sent a cavalry next to them and the unit reagroup; its this a coincidance or a mechanic of the game similar to the General Rule?   Huh?

Yeah, in the TT a routing unit that comes within the leadership radius of a character model or designated commander gets to roll against his Ld to rally. However, though DO is a thorough implementation of most TTv4 rules, I don't know if this is. If so, the only unit with a distinct leader is Berhard's cavalry, but me neither have observed this.

DjLeBomb
Halberdier

"Fire walk with me"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 02:57:06 AM »

Tx a lot for the "investigation" guys, so from now on i will send the cavalry to kick some butts and not in the pursue of some idiots running away  Smiley

"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." Jaya Ballard, task mage.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 12:12:21 AM »

"These are tests performed by the game, based on the various TROOP CHARACTERISTICS.
In the tabletop WARHAMMER BATTLE, game tests are rolled by the players on two six sided dice.

For example, a leadership test is often performed to see if a regiment will rout (run away) from combat.
If the result is higher that the regiments Leadership value then the test has failed and the regiment will rout.
In Shadow of the Horned Rat the computer simulates these dice rolls".

So I don't think anything else is included, such a Friendly Unit being Close to Calm them Fleeing.

Although I hope so and Great Addition for WARTBED Wish List!

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/Wartbed:Brainstorming

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: