March 28, 2024, 06:23:14 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 148
2086  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 22, 2009, 09:51:19 PM
Just some initial Ideas....

I would Alter:-

Restrictions = Only 2 of Same Unit Type, Unless Super Unit then only 1 allowed like BGK and Artillary etc.

Items
Name Points
Horn of Urgok 6
Banner of Wrath 4
Others 1

Empire

Mercenary Crossbowmen Level 1 3 maybe 4

Since Wood Elf Archers Level 1 4

After playing 5000/15 I have found the Empire to be the Toughest Race

as they have lots of Cheap Infantry Units, so could we consider changes to Empire Infantry.

All Mages should increase in Points from 2 to 3, although Vamp should be 4 as tougher in Melee'

Pistoliers should be 4 since they are normal Cav =3 but with Guns and more Usefull.

Greenskins

Shamens (Mages all set to 3 and Vamp to 4)

Orc Big'uns set to 3 (depending on 2 unit max ,if so then stay at 2)

Orc Arrer Boyz to 3 (depending on 2 unit max ,if so then stay at 2)

Undead

Vampire  = 4

Ghouls = 2

Necromancer = 3

Skeleton Archers = 3 if not 4 (depending on 2 unit max)

Smiley

2087  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: March 21, 2009, 07:47:05 PM
Today I have been Testing Dark Omen Running in Full 3D Mode on my XP Laptop.

My Guide Allows it to Work BUT it requires connecting to a CRT Monitor to

Achieve Refresh Rates of 100Hertz or more. This will Help Stop the Flickering.

1) Download the latest Nvidia Forceware Graphics Card drivers (haven't Tested on ATi and others yet)

2) Open NVidia Control Panel and go to Manage 3d Settings and Add EngRel.exe of Dark Omen.

See Above Posts for Detailed Pictures:-          

Set Options to:-

Anisotropic Filtering                           = Off
Antialiasing -Gamma Correction            = Use Global setting (Off)
Antialiasing - Setting                         = None
Antialiasing - Transparency                 = Off
Conformant texture clamp                   = Off
Extension limit                                   = On
Force mipmaps                                  = None
Multi-display/mixed GPu accer              = Single Display performance mode
Texture filtering -Anisotroipc mip          = Greyed out (Off)
Texture filtering -Anisotroipc  sample    = Greyed out (Off)
Texture filtering -Negative LOD bias      = Use Global Setting (Allow)
Texture filtering -Quality                     = High Quality
Texture filtering -Trilinear optimisation   = Greyed out (Off)
Triple buffering                                  = On
Vertical Sync                                     = Force On

3) Then Connect the latop to a CRT Monitor and Set the CRT as the Primary Display (Fn -F8)

4) Then Set the Adaptor Refresh Rate to 100Hertz or more, even use 640x Screen Res at 100hz.

5) Start Dark Omen and Set to 3D Mode and High Resolution and Start Campaign

6) Perfect! and no Flicker!

Smiley

(I will continue to Optimise this Guide and of course seek for a way to Allow Flat

Screen Monitors to Work, although it may require them to have a 8ms Response Time

that also Runs at 100hz and my Laptop Screen only does 60hz.

http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-computer-monitors-114401/samsung-syncmaster-460p-46-15418285#specs

*Update April 2012 using latest Forceware drivers as latest nvidia drivers caused black artefacts *

(Yes Flak, your Goblin Campaign has never Looked So Good!)

Wink
2088  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res on Windows XP and No Flicker! on: March 21, 2009, 03:25:24 AM
Dark Omen Finally Running in Full 3D Mode High Res on Windows XP! and No Flicker! 

After much Experimenting (see above Post) I was still getting the same Old Flicker on XP 3D Mode.

Until I Set my "CRT Monitor" Refresh Rate to 100Hertz and it Worked!

Smiley

Now I have Certainly Tried this in the Past, To Out Flicker the Flicker!

By Increasing my Refresh Rate to 100hz  and it Never did anything!

So here are all My Settings that I also changed tonight!

There was alot Of Nvidia Graphics Property Chages!

(I must also state that I copied ShadowOfTheHornedRatCD\DIRECTX files and

ShadowOfTheHornedRatCD\DIRECTX\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\MSDDRAW   

Into C:\WINDOWS\system32 which replaced my original ddraw.dll) 

and Perhaps most Crucially altering the Registry to 252  that my Tests saw Less Flicker

Just as I was nearly collapsing with Epilepsy at 2:26am, after 6hrs of Flickering Dark Omen

I remembered I had tried ages ago to solve The Flicker using Screen Refresh Rate but to no avail.

So I thought I would to give Tonight's Tests one last try and increase My CRT's refresh Rate to 100hz.

and it Worked! Unfortunately alot of your Flat Screen Monitors may not be able to do this as they may

only go upto 75hz and are different Technologies so no Refresh Rate but Response Times instead.

So i will try and keep the noise Down as I celebrate!

I Can't Wait to Test it Online Multiplayer Dark Omen in Full 3D on WinXp!

Cool

At this point in Time I belive it to be the Registry Tweak that Appeared to make it Flicker slighty less

which allowed my CRT at 100hertz Refresh Rate to Finally OverPower the Flicker by Refreshing Faster.

Although the Combination of Nvidia Settings were also causing different Optimal Graphical Effects.

Us Modders will of Course Test this fully and should be able to

Produce a Guide based on my Further Testing to determine the FIX!

To Hopefully Allow Everyone to Finally Play Online Dark Omen in Full 3D on XP /Vista on Flat Screen Monitors!

Smiley

2089  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: March 21, 2009, 12:17:41 AM
***2 new fixes for Win 7 & 8 Full 3d Mode *****

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win8-dark-omen-t1164.0.html;msg12011#msg12011

Below describes the original investigation and testing ->

***BackUp Your Dark Omen Folder Before Attempting Any Modifications****

***Use the Intro crash Fix to Restore Dark Omen Graphics Options******

***Do Not Use Alt Tab, Unless You Press Esc to Pause the Game First******

GUIDE TO FIX - > http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html;msg1394#msg1394

Today I have been Testing Dark Omen Running in Full 3D Mode on my XP Laptop.

My Guide Allows it to Work BUT it requires connecting to a CRT Monitor to

Achieve Refresh Rates of 100Hertz or more. This will Help Stop the Flickering.

1) Download the latest Nvidia Forceware Graphics Card drivers (haven't Tested on ATi and others yet)

2) Open NVidia Control Panel and go to Manage 3d Settings and Add EngRel.exe of Dark Omen.

See Above Posts for Detailed Pictures:-          

Set Options to:-

Anisotropic Filtering                           = Off
Antialiasing -Gamma Correction            = Use Global setting (Off)
Antialiasing - Setting                         = None
Antialiasing - Transparency                 = Off
Conformant texture clamp                   = Off
Extension limit                                   = On
Force mipmaps                                  = None
Multi-display/mixed GPu accer              = Single Display performance mode
Texture filtering -Anisotroipc mip          = Greyed out (Off)
Texture filtering -Anisotroipc  sample    = Greyed out (Off)
Texture filtering -Negative LOD bias      = Use Global Setting (Allow)
Texture filtering -Quality                     = High Quality
Texture filtering -Trilinear optimisation   = Greyed out (Off)
Triple buffering                                  = On
Vertical Sync                                     = Force On

3) Then Connect the latop to a CRT Monitor and Set the CRT as the Primary Display (Fn -F8)

4) Then Set the Adaptor Refresh Rate to 100Hertz or more, even use 640x Screen Res at 100hz.

5) Start Dark Omen and Set to 3D Mode and High Resolution and Start Campaign

6) Perfect! and no Flicker!

Smiley

(I will continue to Optimise this Guide and of course seek for a way to Allow Flat

Screen Monitors to Work, although it may require them to have a 8ms Response Time

that also Runs at 100hz and my Laptop Screen only does 60hz.

http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-computer-monitors-114401/samsung-syncmaster-460p-46-15418285#specs

*Update April 2012 using latest Forceware drivers*
2090  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow of the Horned Rat on: March 20, 2009, 09:09:44 PM
Hi,

Well I think you are the first Member to suggest there was a difference in versions, as far as I can Remember,

but I  played Both Versions along time ago and have replayed the PSX Version more recently.

Smiley

So unfortunately I can't confirm and also I haven't had the time/requirement to post a perfect Guide

to pc installation but i guess soon i can, as I have all old website guides,that i collected over the years ,

so have (about 2 years a go on on Win XP) and can do it but its joining them all together in a Friendly Guide.

As you Know the PSX emulation is far far better graphics as it came out nearly a year and a half later,

and since the PC version played in a 1/4 of the windowed screen and map and Tool Bars etc

took up the rest of the screen.

Also 2d(Top Picture = PC ) vs 3d(Lower Picture =PSX) Arguement..

but yeah if it "was different" then it would Definetly be Worth it!

Smiley

(As I still have my 2 old Win98 Pcs with SOTHR installed (for me and Bro to link Old style games) I can Confirm Soon).
2091  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Old Grizzled Veteran, back from the Dead! on: March 20, 2009, 07:45:43 PM
Welcome! A Great Time to Join... New Mods and Monthly Tournaments.

Smiley

The Future is Looking Bright!

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/WARTBED/Bright_Portents

Smiley

"We Bask in the Light They Leave Behind"

Above Shows 3 Pictures for Comparison:-

1) 3d Mode on My Old Win98 pc
2) CPU Mode on XP
3) Bright Portents Map Viewer/Future Editor (Blocks represent Sounds/ Particle effects etc)
2092  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Moved: Question concerning spell rate on: March 17, 2009, 11:29:53 PM
Hi benton18!

Good question about the Rate of Magic Power Points, increasing and sometimes decreasing (Mana).....

"The Winds Of Magic are the means by which all Wizards cast their Spells.

As magical energy seeps into the material world it fragments, into eight distinct

types or qualities. Just as oil spilled onto water produces a rainbow of colours, 

so magic produces a polychromatic display of swirling clouds. These invisible clouds

blow from north to south, some magic riding high, other falling to the ground and seeping

into the earth and rock.

In the Warhammer world, magic exists in all things, both living and dead.

As the Winds of Magic billow over and through the land, a magician must draw

from the energy that is available at that time".

So more Testing and Observations will have to be made, to see if a pattern emerges.

Smiley

2093  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: March 14, 2009, 08:25:38 PM
Early Demo of Hammer Dwarf, Wearing Armour of The Beard!

Smiley

Inspired By SOTHR

Smiley
2094  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: March 12, 2009, 09:51:58 PM
Breathing New Life into the DOC111 Mod and its Dwarf Slayer by Eudaimon!

"DOC111\SmurfResources\Sprites\Eudaimon"

I'm converting/Fixing him using Rob's Rdose Dark Omen Sprite Editor, combined with Gimp (Free Paint Program).

Great Work Eudaimon, as he made it around 8 years ago!

Smiley
2095  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: March 09, 2009, 11:59:31 PM
This was a very Close Battle but I just managed to chase Libertar's Shamen Away with 2 lobber crew and 1 Big'un!

GG

Smiley
2096  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Space Crusade WH40K on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:00 PM
Space Hulk:Vengeance of the Blood Angels on the Playstation was Great!

I enjoyed the Combat system of Parry and Block in FPS.

"The original Space Hulk gave PC gamers a chance to tread rotting ship’s hulls via a tactical interface that had you exploring narrow corridors by assigning which troops went where. Three years later, the concept was updated into Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels. Whereas things are still tactical, the remake also gave you the chance to jump into the boots of any of the marines under your command and play the game like an FPS".

The Dawn Of War Mods for Table Top and Space Hulk, are also quite good!

Original Space Hulk

Original Space Crusade

Smiley
2097  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: DO problem on: March 08, 2009, 08:34:42 PM
Are you using the Intro Crash Fix, as it should

Automatically Set your Dark Omen Options to CPU.

And what Make is your Graphics Card?

If you are on XP Try this -> Start Button on Windows XP ->  Choose Run and Type in DXDIAG 

Smiley

2098  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: DO problem on: March 08, 2009, 01:08:44 AM
Have U followed our Guide?

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-game-fixes-t111.0.html

As perhaps you haven't changed Dark Omen's Graphics Options to CPu , Not 3d and

selected not to Use Coloured Cursors and just maybe Your Graphics Card, causes your Computer to Reboot.

Smiley

2099  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer: Mark of Chaos on: March 08, 2009, 01:05:45 AM
I own both versions,

Great looking Game but Shallow on the Gameplay.

Smiley

2100  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: the game that never was... Warhammer 40000: GorkaMorka on: March 08, 2009, 01:04:45 AM
What a Shame!

As it was Good Looking Game.

Very Inspiring, seeing Ork WarTraks Again!

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 148