April 27, 2024, 04:01:17 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 149
1921  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: August 28, 2009, 08:17:55 PM
confirmed
1922  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:05 PM
yeah, please let us know if you require any Beta testers (myself included)

as there is certainly alot of Fan enthusiam for this great Mod.

Also the benefits of using 2 virtual pcs for Local Mutliplayer Tetsing on your own pc..

25v14 works = 39

Smiley
1923  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: August 22, 2009, 02:50:50 PM
lol, i'm in and it maybe due to people on their summer holidays...

Keep the Faith

Smiley

1924  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Goblin Sticker on: August 22, 2009, 02:49:00 PM
Early version of Goblin Sticker and Goblin with Sword + Shield and Original Dark Omen Night Goblin for comparison

and Shadow of the Horned Rat Original Goblin Stickers -also showing their Banner I replicated for Dark Omen

Smiley

1925  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Download Dark Omen on: August 20, 2009, 07:35:11 PM
I tire of the "legal/illegal" debates, none of us truely know and we simply don't want to jeopordise any of our modding/community efforts by attracting any potential unnecessary risks by posting links to downloads, that can be so easily Googled -please respect our choice.

Fans have always found ways to get Dark Omen, ideally from Ebay and elsewhere and i wish that your "recommended" site link, offered it with Full Speech and movies, maybe that's your best bet to write to them and not EA to raise any Legal issues on our behalf.

However, i will add that i am in contact with the original Dark Omen Producer/Programmer Jeff Gamon, after sending all original developers at Mindscape/EA a letter of thanks for 10 years great gameplay (to celebrate Dark Omen's 10th Anniversary), to which i greatfully received emails back, thanking us and crucially that he very much doubted the release of any Source code from EA but kindly offered his assistance to further our community's Mods.

Luckily thanks to our fantastic Mod team we have accomplished alot-

1) All original 28 Maps into Multiplayer
2) New Single player and Online Campaigns
3) Deploy upto 39 units in total 19v19 or 25v14 combinations etc..
4) New Units and Armies
5) Unit/Sprite Editors
6) Unit/Stats Editors
7) Audio Convertors
8 ) Blender 3D model Convertors for maps and Scenary
9) Map Text and BTB Editors -to allow future new custom maps
10)XP/Vista Game and Online Fixes and even Full 3d Mode

etc..

so I doubt EA will cooperate in terms of copyright and I personally wouldn't like to attract any unwanted attention by writing to them, so a few rare members can play with speech files, as they can't obtain it anywhere else for various other reasons.

Smiley

1926  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: hi my mates on: August 18, 2009, 11:23:22 PM
Welcome and great to have already played against you in some good games!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/index.php/topic,125.msg3879.html#msg3879

Smiley
1927  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: August 18, 2009, 09:57:16 PM
My Empire v Chineko's (SirPercyBall) Victorious Army of Greenskins 9k/30

Very close , good game!

and another where my lv3 Black Grail destroyed the poor Greenskins

Smiley
1928  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 18, 2009, 09:23:33 PM
If we can set the output rate to match/sync with our various Monitor's refresh rates, then it will solve the problem, rather than my opposite solution of matching the Monitor to the output, using 100hz CRT Monitor or possibly new 100hz TFT Flat Screen (8ms).

1929  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 15, 2009, 01:46:50 AM
Please never Force your monitor's refresh rate on a TFT Flat Screen.

My post advises against this and my whole Guide is based on an old style CRT monitor working with an Nvidia Graphics card settings and testing on my various  3 TFT Flat screens, all with different refresh rates (60, 75 and 85hz , all with 8ms repsonse times) and using each montior at a time, the flicker is reduced (using my 85hz Flat screen the flicker is almost disapeared, compared with 60hz), hence my theory that a new modern TFT Flat screen, that now come also with 100hz capabilties may well be able to play Dark Omen in Full 3d like my CRT 100>hz monitor, when combined with my Nvidia settings (Radeon i can help with).

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html

Smiley

ps.
Good luck with DDraw.dll  etc as i didnt need it in the end but its certainly worth further investigation, incase you come up with a better solution by using it.

Using 3d mode on XP = Extra Polygon Triangles of Blood and Magic, Particle Effects and Clear Water. Plus nearly all Dead bodies stay on the Battlefield! When using an Nvidia Graphics Card and old Style CRT 100hz Monitor (or perhaps very new TFT Flat Screen 4-8ms but also now with 100hz).

Smiley
1930  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: August 15, 2009, 01:34:03 AM
Good Game Serectithon

especially since it was your first Online Match and your Empire Thrashed me

Smiley
1931  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:57 PM
Full screen 3d mode i have got working (as you know) but it would be great if someone owns a new Flat screen monitor that has 8ms response times but crucially 100hz Refresh Rate, like this one or any Flat screen that offers good response times and vital 100hz.

http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/p-computer-monitors-114401/samsung-syncmaster-460p-46-15418285#specs

to test for me Full Screen 3D mode (with nvidia but Radeon i can assist with similar settings if required).

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html

as Full 3D mode works with my old style CRT monitor and on all my Flat screens, it improves along with a higher refresh rate, such as from 60hz to my bro's 75hz TFT and at work on a 85hz, the flicker improves in a similar fashion(combined with nvidia settings) to my solution on CRT but now requires a new 100hz TFT Flat screen. I often want to pop into my local pc shop to try this sometime by pretending to be interested in purchasing such an expensive monitor and starting Dark Omen up to test. If it works then i guess all of us will eventually end up playing Dark Omen in Full 3D mode, when these newer monitors lower in price, sometime and become the norm/standard.

Smiley

1932  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: To the skirmish! on: August 14, 2009, 07:59:40 PM
Great to play you on the Battlefield at last

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/battle-pictures-t125.0.html;msg3830;topicseen#msg3830

and generally we are on from 5pmGMT - 1amGMT most nights and longer on the weekends.

Smiley

1933  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: August 14, 2009, 07:54:05 PM
Good Game Sipax

Your Boar Boyz destroyed my troops

Smiley
1934  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Outlaw Morgan's Campaign on: August 13, 2009, 08:26:42 AM
Shame that you may have lost your data but at least it was all good practice and should be easy to recreate again

Smiley

1935  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Boost units strength (?) on: August 13, 2009, 08:25:18 AM
only in terms of it becomes harder to reach the red zone as your regiment suffers more casualties.....

So in your case your troops are dying, due to loosing their combat in hand-to-hand melee' which is determined by their stats and luck of the Virtaul Dice Roll and of course all other factors, that are detailed in Combat Mechanics.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/few-questions-regarding-mechanics-do-t272.0.html

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 149