April 23, 2024, 02:41:23 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 149
1951  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 06:22:29 PM
No mine are quoted from Shadow of the Horned as an insight to what Dark Omen could be.

Smiley

1952  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FO Tournament on: August 08, 2009, 04:21:03 PM
"Have you ever played against a good Vampire Killer?"

Check out my Orcs dealing with this Classic Vampire Undead Army  

Dark Omen Special: New Match 4LQ | HQ | by Aeva

My point would be that in 9k Games he isn't as much of a problem as more Units can afford Anti Magic Items.

However, I can still remember a Battle against Darkmancer (many years ago) when we agreed to play a Game that would  show me the power of a Single Vampire, when he beat my whole Army with just his Vampire. Yes it did take along time and that's the Main reason of the Rule, especially in 3k and 5k Tournaments where Time was Precious and its a Gentlemen's Agreement Rule only.

Smiley

1953  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 08, 2009, 02:42:36 PM
Please also check out the original DOC111 alternate Armies,

that contain many more amounts of units in the .AUD files

Such as Thorgrim's Undead army file that has 40 units in it.

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/1.-modding-tools/4.-miscellaneous-tools/doc111.html

Smiley

1954  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Outlaw Morgan's Campaign on: August 08, 2009, 02:35:05 AM
Sounds Great,

Thanks

Smiley

1955  Modifications / Troops / Re: Skeleton Unbreakability test on: August 08, 2009, 02:09:54 AM
Skelton Special Rules -COMBAT
"Skeltons cannot be broken in hand to hand combat and need never take a Break test if beaten in combat. When they are beaten in hand to hand combat the magical link between them and their master is weakend and as a result, some of the skeletons collapse and are destoyed. For every point by which they have lost the combat one extra skeleton is removed. This means that Skelton units will quickly dissolve away if they are beaten, although they can never be broken as such."
- Warhammer Armies Undead 1994

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/warhammer-table-top-rule-books-on-ebay-t367.0.html

Smiley
1956  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 01:43:45 AM
Great to have u back again

and I remember the early concept for Necrominicon, it will be excellent to see it revived and Fantastic questions on the Game Engine. In Shadow of The Horned Rat some weapons are exceptionally powerful and they give their wielder a Strength bonus in hand to hand combat. This means that the wielder's Strength is increased by the value indicated below:

Weapon Strength bonus
Greatsword (two handed sword)+2

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

also concerning "Additional Damage to skeleton units"

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/skeleton-unbreakability-test-t300.0.html

Skelton Special Rules -COMBAT
"Skeltons cannot be broken in hand to hand combat and need never take a Break test if beaten in combat. When they are beaten in hand to hand combat the magical link between them and their master is weakend and as a result, some of the skeletons collapse and are destoyed. For every point by which they have lost the combat one extra skeleton is removed. This means that Skelton units will quickly dissolve away if they are beaten, although they can never be broken as such."

Wight Blades
Wights are armed with ancient enchanted swords, or other evily enchanted weapons. These are magic weapons and any blow from a Wight's sword will drain the lfe away from its victim, causing not 1 wound on the individual but-
D3(roll a D6: 1-2=1,3-4=2,5-6=3)

-Warhammer Armies Undead Book 1994

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/warhammer-table-top-rule-books-on-ebay-t367.0.html

So I will look forward to trying some of your future - In Game Tests on my 2 virtual PCs

Smiley
1957  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 07, 2009, 02:04:16 AM
Rob has made a Beta Mod Switcher that redirects the registry to a Mod Folder for the new Sprites and Sounds and Maps etc Leaving the Original Game intact and the Player simply clicks on the Relevant Picture to Switch between Original /Alternate Campaigns and Multiplayer Mods. However, as we are overwriting the 3 original Races we will have to consider how many alternate Mod folders would have to be created to allow the intended 14 Armies Mod to all be able to fight against each other. For example if Chaos were the Undead army and they wanted to play against the undead then in another Mod folder the undead would stay as original but this time Chaos would have to overwrite the Empire. I think Ghabry had an alternate way to xcopy files from a Mod Folder to overwrite any desired original Race which would allow Chaos v Undead combinations and also the original Dark Omen folder would have to be Duplicated by its owner to allow the xcopy to return Dark Omen to its original state by copying from the duplicated original files/folders, as far as i can remember, so i may be wrong...but there is definetly the ability to implement this Excellent 14 Armies Mod. I will post a guide to show the combined power all of the Mod Tools available, to allow almost Total Conversions.

Smiley
1958  Modifications / Troops / Re: Fighting with 25 Regiments on: August 07, 2009, 01:33:21 AM
So far, after testing it appears that 39 is our Limit.

25v14 works = 39

20v20 sadly doesn't = 40

19v19 works =38

Early Days of investigation

Smiley

1959  Modifications / Troops / Re: Fighting with 25 Regiments on: August 06, 2009, 12:56:19 AM
25vThe Gutrippas (Orc Default Army) Played Fine -> First test of many

now to increase the amount upto 25v25 to test the limits

and as Bembelimen suggests-

" I would like to see 25 regiments of goblins with 32units per regiment^^ "

Combine that movable Artillary and Destructable Walls Mods on Extended Size Maps!

Exciting Times and Another Dream Fullfilled!

Smiley
1960  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 05, 2009, 11:43:39 PM
Welcome Mormacili,

Fantastic Mod!

Smiley

1961  Modifications / Troops / Re: Fighting with 25 Regiments on: August 05, 2009, 11:39:02 PM
Fantastic Results Ghabry and opens Great Possibilities

Smiley

1962  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Bretonia - Loren Lake on: August 04, 2009, 11:00:47 PM
Interestingly in the Beta- Pics/Magazine Developer's Interview,

they mention seeing Fish swimming, as part of the Particle Development

System and I've always liked to imagine it must have been on Loren Lake.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/original-dark-omen-game-beta-pictures-t278.0.html

"Shoals of Fish milling around.."

Smiley

1963  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 04, 2009, 09:44:52 PM
When you told me the other night, that you and a friend

were planning a mod, i had no idea that it would be as

Fantastic as this, you certainly have the talent, so this will be

Great!

Smiley

1964  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest 2nd Game Chat Room on: August 03, 2009, 11:08:39 PM
I'm still House Hunting, so can't Join again, incase of having to move midway

but Great to watch last time, along with the Maps and after Battle Descriptions.

Good Luck to All!

Smiley
1965  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Orc Boar Charriot -Beta on: August 02, 2009, 11:26:59 PM
yeah, i'm working on it...

the Game's Original Night Goblins for comparison

http://forum.dark-omen.org/sprites/goblin-sticker-t490.0.html;msg3929;topicseen#msg3929

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 149