April 23, 2024, 08:12:39 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 149
1906  Modifications / Troops / Re: 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 02, 2009, 09:23:05 PM
WarpGhost's Skeleton test is a great example to follow...

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/skeleton-unbreakability-test-t300.0.html

Smiley
1907  Modifications / Troops / 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 01, 2009, 11:29:52 PM
As we know, there are still 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes that can be seen in WH32Edit

Interestingly Shadow of the Horned Rat's Psychology Attributes are:

CantDie....CantMelee...AlwaysPursue....CantRally...MagicResistent..PsyImmune...
HateSkaven..HateGreens..HateDwarfs..FearToGobs..
CauseTerror.CauseFear...Frenzy..CantBreak

Therefore Dark Omen may also use Always Pursue and never Rally that could be 2 possible unknowns, pending further tests.

Maybe HateSkaven could have been included for the never released Dark Omen Addon, (or Extra Mission Disks)

However, I have made some initial tests by creating 2 armies to fight against each other. My Empire army has all Merc Cavalry but half of them have the first Unknown(the one after cause fear) ticked and saved. They will fight against an army of Goblins to see if any effects can be seen that may indicate what, if any effect the first unknown Psychology Attribute may do. Hopefully Always Pursue and never Rally. You probably know that in 4th Edition Warhammer Core Rulebook, Ragnar's troop Always Pursue and even in the Shadow of the Horned Rat manual, Special Rules it mentions that the game also has Ragnar set to Always Pursue, until the last enemy has been destroyed, so the Halt button can not be used to stop them chasing until the end.

So here is an intial test army of Merc Cavalry (half with Unknown Ticked) against Goblins.

Interestingly one of the Merc Cav fled as yes it was one of the units that had the first unknown ticked-

However, it could simply be effect of an unlucky throw of the Virtual Dice, so all tests have to repeated many times.

I also changed half the Goblin army to have this Unknown ticked and they engaged the Original Merc Cav (without the unknown Ticked) as another preliminary test.

As can be seen 2 of the 3 Goblins (with the Unknown Ticked against normal Merc Cav) actually won their Battle -Again further testing is required to eliminate random roles of the Dice etc.. but this is just the start of testing Unknowns. Also i noticed that the retreating Merc Cav all had 6/12 or 7/12 units left.

Futher tests would be much apreciated -

and there is a high chance of SOTHR attributes appearing in Dark Omen as the early Beta engine of Dark Omen used Shadow of The Horned Rat

Above is the earliest stage of the Dark Omen engine, using SOTHR but with an early Dark Omen GUI

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/original-dark-omen-game-beta-pictures-t278.0.html

Smiley

1908  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Hamachi on: August 31, 2009, 09:10:48 PM
Most evenings betweeen 6pm -2am GMT, especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

and every last Saturday of each month we hold our Tournaments, when the most members are online.

Smiley
1909  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: cursor problems on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:06 PM
very bizarre problem,

as so many other fans use vista and vista64 with no problem but after many hours of trying everything, we discovered you were using a Flat Screen TV and not a monitor, so we thought we had found the problem. Sadly though you still suffered the original problem of no cursor on the main menu with or without all the patches and fixes.  

However, the monitor u found was an old CRT and you were also fortuante enough to have an nvidia graphics card!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html

So Welcome to Wonderful world of Dark Omen in Full 3d! - Clear Water, more Partcile Effects and Deadbodies remain

Glad it worked in Full 3d Mode! -Since u are using 800x Screen Res (only 1024 or 640 work) and 100hz on old CRT Monitor/Nvidia graphics card.

Smiley

One rainy day we can continue original tests for it to hopefully work on your TFT Flat Screen TV.

*Update - starts fine then slowly goes black in patches (since having to use 800x screen res as no 640x or 1024x @100hz) but going back onto CPU Mode the Mouse is now Fixed!*

*Update - after reconnecting back onto original TV flat screen, using CPU mode, mouse also now works fine! So probably the  nvidia settings fixed the orignal issue of no mouse on the Main Menu.

Smiley

1910  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 31, 2009, 12:05:26 PM
I fix all Fans problems, so get Mormacili and yourself in hamachi and we'll diagnose and solve any potential issues please.

Smiley

and we will follow and confirm each Step (1- 6) of my Multiplayer Fix Guide -

http://forum.dark-omen.org/index.php/topic,110.msg309.html#msg309

there are other alternatives to try such as Public Router Ip and GameRanger Lobby.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/multiplayer/gameranger-a-new-place-to-play-dark-omen-online-t157.0.html

Patience is the Key to testing and I always Fix it, just PM me with a Suitable time/Date.

Thanks

Smiley

1911  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Hello =) on: August 30, 2009, 11:35:28 PM
Great Time to Join - New Mods and Montly Tournaments

For multiplayer see Help section
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html

Smiley

Luckily thanks to our fantastic Mod team we have accomplished alot-

1) All original 28 Maps into Multiplayer
2) New Single player and Online Campaigns
3) Deploy upto 39 units in total 19v19 or 25v14 combinations etc..
4) New Units and Armies
5) Unit/Sprite Editors
6) Unit/Stats Editors
7) Audio Convertors
8 ) Blender 3D model Convertors for maps and Scenary
9) Map Text and BTB Editors -to allow future new custom maps
10)XP/Vista Game and Online Fixes and even Full 3d Mode

including Mikademus' own Amazing RTT Game Engine Project- WARTBED

http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/Wartbed:Bright_Portents

Exciting Times indeed!

Smiley
1912  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: August 30, 2009, 01:17:03 PM
Hi Alavet,

yes there was a (Lame) "Hit and Run" moment between myself and andifresh, at the end of the match when my Elven Archers had to beat the mummies, for which I did apologise for(since the rest of the game was excellent play) but is it breaking any gentlemen's rule? ->  

"Don't play lame. That means, don't play run&hide&teleport games with your last regiment, if your opponent defeats all other units and is clearly better".

Then i guess it is.... sorry,  i always thought it was for Mage's only - the last time i looked and remember discussing how this would work for Pistoliers and Archer units, in terms of them giving up their advantages and now i know.

After throwing all my remaining units at the mummies, Halbediers, Ice Mage(original unit to attacked by mummies in melle) and Elven Archers - they understandably didnt have any effect, so I made the Ice Mage break off from hand to hand, along with the Elven Archers, so they could utilise their unique skills/advantages.

Sorry andifresh...and after discussing this further, I was glad to hear that Ghabry wasn't aware of this Last regiment rule either.

Smiley

1913  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Re: August Tournament - 5k15 Greenskin Armies on: August 30, 2009, 03:25:24 AM
Night Goblin Archers with fanactics
Troll
Orc Big'uns
Orc Big'uns
Night Goblin Shaman
Orc Boar Boyz
1914  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / Re: August Tournament - 5k15 Undead Armies on: August 30, 2009, 03:24:51 AM
Vampire
Screaming Skull Catapult
Wraiths
Skeleton Horsemen
1915  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Re: August Tournament - Empire Armies on: August 30, 2009, 03:24:16 AM
Vladimir Stormbringer
Flagellants
Mercenary Ogres
Wood Elf Archers
Countess' Guard
1916  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: August 30, 2009, 03:21:24 AM
Congratulations alavet and DJ/Nitrox,

Thanks to all for organising and playing.

I had some really close enjoyable Games.

1st match against andifresh 1-0 to my Elven archers

2nd match against Brapus 1-0 to my Goblins

3rd match against Ghabry, 1-0 to me, i saved up my Vamp Spells until his Vamp appeared behind me and I blasted him

4th match against Kypper, although sadly session lost but his game actually ended in my victory. 1-0 to my Empire

Semi Final against DJLeBomb and lost 0-1 but gg

3rd Place Battle that i lost against Kypper in a gg

Great Games, thnx all

Smiley
1917  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Hello =) on: August 30, 2009, 03:19:57 AM
Hi Welcome,

Hope to see you on the Battlefield soon,

Smiley

1918  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: August 30, 2009, 02:35:51 AM
Welcome!

yeah they probably from the Great DOC111 10 year old collection of mods  by Mikademus, Smurf and others.

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/1.-modding-tools/4.-miscellaneous-tools/index.html

Smiley

1919  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Hey everyone im gray on: August 29, 2009, 10:06:06 PM
Hi Gray

great speaking with you on hamachi and glad to have you join -> Exciting Times

Smiley

1920  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactics / Re: Artillery anti-proyectils trick on: August 28, 2009, 08:45:22 PM
interesting subject but there are a few exploits i'd rather not share in public, since I agree, Bugs don't equal tactics.

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 149