May 04, 2024, 01:26:37 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 149
1891  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 26, 2009, 03:28:24 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this Tournament, as Something(Real Life) has come up.

However, best of luck to all and have a great time, I hope to see some cool Aftermath battle Vids.

Smiley
1892  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 21, 2009, 10:11:32 PM
et moi aussi!

and me please!

Smiley

1893  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: September 14, 2009, 11:23:42 PM

(SOTHR -Squig Portrait and Idol Of Gork Rulebook)

Although Hard to Replicate in DO, since in SOTHR they Bounce on u!

Smiley
1894  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: the making of hidra (help) on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:53 PM
Looks good for a hand drawn, original sprite and since it is the first Frame then just copy and paste(will have to cut along the outline) into a new Green Sprite background, to reduce the colours to 16 etc..

This will be so cool to see on the Battlefiled when completed, Keep up the great work!

Smiley

1895  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: September 11, 2009, 11:30:51 PM
Just downloaded and previewed them, very cool indeed,

Great to see new Life being breathed into the DOC111 Squig etc..

Smiley

1896  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: September 10, 2009, 09:41:18 PM
Hi Shannon,

Please feel free to Post any new Screen shots or Sprites

Sounds Great, mate!

Smiley

1897  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: dark elfs on: September 06, 2009, 10:58:35 PM
yeah excellent work Brapus

Smiley 

On Behalf of the Dark Omen community we thank you!

Smiley
1898  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: September 06, 2009, 09:31:43 PM
Having read your post here....

"another thing to Olly and run, maybe next weekend   , bye"

was the reason for my reply....

"DjLeBomb- sounds like your trying to bring my Honour into question"

and again I had to re-explain my innocence from an earlier post etc...
based on the lack of info concerning Rule changes that myself and Ghabry were unaware of.

So I was confused why you would post

and as my post says "I hope it's not becuase you were Angry that I hadn't linked to your Wraith Tests? As your Post sounded very unhappy.....
http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/5-unknown-psychology-attributes-t512.0.html;msg4130#msg4130
etc...

so hopefully that answers your questions of ...

"As for the rest of the post that i attached here: what the heck are you talking?  
When here or in the chat or i don't know where i had talk about your tactic in the last tourny or something similar?
Or where i have talk about any players tactic in any tourny!!!
I think that i don't even had made an opinion of the Hit and Run question!"

and the answer again being -> here, when you posted....

which also answers your other question...

"So, please tell me what is the conection between the post on the psicology topic (again sorry for any offense) and the topic of the tactic in the tourny, and where i enter there!!"  

as I was puzzled to what your Motivation was to post

and could only assume it was based on your unhappiness of the testing topic.

However, since you explain that it wasn't intended to offend, then fair enough, as my post only contains

"DjLeBomb- sounds like your trying to bring my Honour into question.... I hope it's not becuase you were Angry that I hadn't linked to your Wraith Tests? As your Post sounded very unhappy.....

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/5-unknown-psychology-attributes-t512.0.html;msg4130#msg4130

as it also is not intended to offend but simply to fulfill the need to justify my actions in the Tournament, when confronted by

So I think the meanings were lost in translation - See you on the Battlefield soon Comrade

Smiley
1899  Modifications / Troops / Re: 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 06, 2009, 03:15:30 PM
Today's Tests have now confirmed that Always Persue is the 3rd Unknown and Flee if Charged is actually Never Rally

All Ragnar's are set to Never Rally/Flee when Charged and Goblin Units 1-3 are set to Always Persue but 4-5 Goblin are not.

So this Picture shows how all Rangnar's immediately Flee with White Flag as soon as I break them from Hand to Hand

Goblin Units 4-5 do not Persue them to the edge of the map as they don't have the 3rd unknown ticked

However, Goblin Units 1-3 have got 3rd Unknown Ticked so Always Persue thier Enenmy until they reach the Edge of the Map

Read more about it on our Wiki
http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/ARM/Regiment_attributes

So we can make Ragnar's Always Persue like they do in SOTHR and 4th edition Rules and we have renamed Flee if Charged to Never Rally.

"Ragnar's Wolves are renowned for running down their enemy to the last man. Consequently
they will never halt their pursuit of a routing enemy until they have been driven from the
battlefield."  - Shadow of the Horned Rat manual- Special Rules.

Smiley

1900  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: September 06, 2009, 01:05:36 PM
DjLeBomb- sounds like your trying to bring my Honour into question.... I hope it's not becuase you were Angry that I hadn't linked to your Wraith Tests? As your Post sounded very unhappy.....

However, if I must Defend my Honour, then as I have already explained- myself (Super Moderator) and Ghabry (Admin) were not aware of Bembelimen's (Admin) Change to the Gentlemen's Rules -From only Vampires/Mages to now Include all Units, if they are the last unit left then they must also engage in Hand to Hand.

My evidence is from the next day's chat after the Tournament when i read Alavet's Post...

[13:41] <olly> hiya, yeah sad to read that i made a mistake with the Hit and Run rules..  
[13:42] <olly> apologies to all- i genuinley thought it was for mages only
[13:42] <Ghabry> Mistake olly?
[13:42] <olly> http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-august-t457.0.html;msg4072;topicseen#msg4072
[13:42] <Ghabry> It is for other units too?
[13:42] <Ghabry> hm, good to know Tongue
[13:42] <olly> yep  (exactly)

So now we all know the change of Rules we can ensure this innocent mistake won't happen again.
1901  Modifications / Troops / Re: 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 06, 2009, 12:10:05 PM
The B1_04 map Necromancer's 3rd one -> Flee if Charged, that I now would describe more accurately as Never Rally

"...but it did indicate a Trigger based on his Health Status that makes him Teleport away when half dead and then walk off the Map, with a White Flee Flag, that can be interpreted as Never Rally, as we don't want him to Stop Fleeing."

Smiley
1902  Modifications / Troops / Re: 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 06, 2009, 12:41:09 AM
Raising the issue of Never Rally, I now think is the Known Attribute of Flee when Charged.

Since this is only ever used by the Necromancer Unit in the 4th Mission, (Altdorf2 Save) or Road to Bogenhafen Map where he can not be destroyed and Teleports away and Retreats off the Map. However when I apply this to my Test Cavalry Units they don't Flee when Charged but do get their White Flee Flag immediatley after I Break them from Hand to Hand melee which is the same as Never Rally.

I really wanted Never Rally to be different and perhaps be an Unknown, rather than a potenially better description of the Known Flee when Charged attribute. There was another old test we did on that Necromancer in Mission 4 Road to Bogenhafen, where we modded him to appear in the middle of our troops at the start of the mission, so we could maximise his damage and try to kill him before he Fled but sadly we couldn't but it did indicate a Trigger based on his Health Status that makes him Teleport away when half dead and then walk off the Map, with a White Flee Flag, that can be interpreted as Never Rally, as we don't want him to Stop Fleeing.

(Early days and Thoughts as this separate Test)

Based on all previous Knowledge gained from all previous Tests and Resources, such as Mikademus'

http://dev.dark-omen.org/regimentdata.html

Bitmapping 7 of B104nme.arm in Light Blue Colour Code

Smiley

******UPDATE*****

After discussing this  Topic further with Bembelimen, he suggested that I try and kill the Necromancer on the 4th mission, using the Single Player Cheats and although we used the same principle in our old tests by controlling the enemy and making the Vampire appear in our troops at the start we hadn't managed to use the other Cheat of Killing a selected Enemy. Howver, after much practice and Timing I managed to Kill the Necromancer before he Fled!

Sadly his Death Portrait didn't appear and he said his Normal "we will meet again" but I've saved the Mission to see if I will Meet him again, despite killing Him! Which I'm sure he will...I'd call him a Cheat if I wasn't also Cheating!

Every time I tried to Kill him he would Teleport but I kept trying and he kept reappering in his Teleport until eventually he died!

Smiley

1903  Modifications / Troops / Re: 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 05, 2009, 11:46:29 PM
DjLeBomb - There is a Fanatics Flag in Wh32edit that must be Frenzy

As for me not linking others to your Wraith Test but instead recommending WarpGhost's Test, it was because your Test does not alter or Test for Pyschology Attributes (unlike WarpGhost's Racial Flag changes) so WarpGhost's test is more similar to this one as we are changing Values in WH32Edit. Also it was no revelation that Wraiths were not as Great as many fans thought, since being a Veteran I knew the Difference between Imune To Fear and Unbreakable, having played many battles over the last 10 years, where I witnessed Wraiths being destroyed when I charged them from behind- hence why I wished to see them with low Points as they not the Super Unit many others considered them to be. However, I often refer new members to your test (like Alavet's first online match where I broke all his wraith and could explain the difference by showing him your Vids).

Smiley
1904  Modifications / Troops / Re: 5 Unknown Psychology Attributes on: September 05, 2009, 09:12:11 PM
Working on the basis that Always Pursue may only apply to Ragnar's, I have implemented our All Single Player to Mulitplayer Mod and my intial tests suggest that the 3rd Unknown, may well be Always Pursue.

Ragnar appears to persue the Enemy all the way to the Edge of the map, as if Always Pursuing, when having the 3rd Unknown applied. When they don't have it applied they chase a short distance and then stop, however with it ticked they will pursue the enemy the whole way, especially when the enemy have their Flee White Flag showing.

I have also tested this with Merc Swordsmen who will also Always Pursue an enemy the whole map, when the Enemy has Fled (indicated by their white Flee Flag). Again the original Swordsmen will only Pursue a short distance without this Unknown being Ticked.

and all the way to the top of the map still Pursuing..

Early, intial days of testing and I will continue to test this theory of the 3rd unknown being Always Persue (when the enemy has decided to Flee). However if the enemy stops then they Pursuit also Stops. (I haven't tested Never Rally yet that would prevent this).

Any assitance testing this initial theory will be greatly appreciated, as it may well be the Roll of The Virtual Dice.

Smiley

******UPDATE*********

Im pretty confident now that the 3rd Unknown is indeed Always Pursue when enemy is Fleeing (White Flag) and my tests now have the enemy set to Flee if Charged to always make their White Flag raise when they break from hand to hand, this allows me to test the other side who have the 3rd Unknown Always Pursue.

So in this other tried and tested method, I am pursuing the enemy with 1-3 units with the Always Persue ticked and units 4-5 unticked. As the Pictures show, the 1-3 units of Ragnar's have the Tick and Persue the Fleeing Enemy all the way to the edge of the Map, where as units 4-5 of Ragnars don't have the Tick and so stop early, when Pursuing the Fleeing Enemy.

Always Persue to edge of Map (Units 1-3 have 3rd Unknown Ticked)

Without Tick Units 4-5 have stopped Persuing

So it shows that Always Persue, only comes into effect when the Enemy has raised its White Fleeing Flag and the Persuers must have the 3rd Unknown Psychology Attribute Ticked to Always Persue.  

Smiley

(Now to further Test again and again and also find which Unknown could be Never Rally, althoug it may well be the same as Flee when charged as they dont Flee when charged, only after manually breaking them off from hand to hand melee. Then their White Flee Flag appaers immediatley, making them Never Rally - but that will be a separte set of tests)
1905  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Dark Omen Soundtrack and PSX-PC differences on: September 04, 2009, 09:16:52 PM
http://forum.dark-omen.org/tactical-wargaming-and-other-warhammer-games/playstation-sothr-and-dark-omen-vids-t375.0.html

check out all the PSX videos of Dark Omen

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 149