April 27, 2024, 07:41:25 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 149
1861  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Alternatives to Dark Omen on: November 16, 2009, 10:23:02 PM
Nice Review,

Smiley
1862  Modifications / Troops / Re: SHIELDS evolution on: November 16, 2009, 04:08:26 PM
So all we need now is a Warhammer Table Top game that utilises the latest Rules then...to have Cavarly v Pike

Since Dark Omen only uses 4th Edition 1992 Table Top Rules. Our Best bet is to wait for the Medival 2 Total War Call of Warhammer Mod (released by Christmas hopefully) that won't be Table Top but will have, good Old Cavarly v Pike etc..However, there are so many games like that, which is why we love and still play Dark Omen.

Smiley

1863  Modifications / Troops / Re: SHIELDS evolution on: November 15, 2009, 09:04:42 PM
I assume that he means Armour (not purchasable Magic Shield Items) and more about increasing their amount of Armour "Shield" Icons in the Troop Roster.

Smiley

"In the tabletop WARHAMMER BATTLE game each armour type has a name such as shield, chain plus shield etc. The reason we have Armour Ratings as opposed to written descriptions is simply for ease of comparison. After all, there are many different combinations of armour which would produce the same result. For example, a mounted regiment with a shield would have approximately the same protection as a foot regiment with heavy armour, making an Armour Rating of 2. In WARHAMMER BATTLE, any wounds on such an individual would be ignored on a roll of five or more on a six sided die (known as an armour save of 5+)".

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html
1864  Modifications / Troops / Re: Undead Chariot as player regiment on: November 15, 2009, 08:50:56 PM
Good Topic and the original Chariot (4th Edition Rules and Dark Omen) use 2 sprites (Horse and Charriot) and since it also has Magic(Nagesh), it is more likely to Crash the Game when "too much is going on, for the Stats/game to calculate"  such as Charging/mmoving at high speeds, whilst Casting Magic and being hit at the same Time, may cause the game to crash sometimes in Multiplayer but better in single palyer as you know. Therefore after discussing with Grend, how in 7th Edition Rules, Chariots and Steeds (boars/Horses etc.) are 1 Unit and Sprite it could be base on Undead Cavarly. However, as you already point out, that changing the Unit Type to be an Undead Horse (weak but 1 sprite) isn't ideal, it maybe the only way, to make stable and its stats could be adjusted to compensate, or even base it on a Vampire Stats/Sprites for Nagesh and in Sprite Editor paste the Horse onto Charriot to make 1 Sprite etc..

Very good topic and i will refresh my knowledge on this Topic and investigate more...

Smiley

1865  Modifications / Troops / Re: SHIELDS evolution on: November 15, 2009, 08:21:20 PM
Excellent Topic about Research on Armour etc, good to see that you can demonstrate Armour being the same Cost per Unit.

Smiley

Please also read these relevant Posts in Darkmancer's Necrominicon Research

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tools/necrominicon-t466.0.html

Halberds -Polearm

The halberd is a heavy bladed weapon mounted on a sturdy shaft. The steel blade had a point like a spear as well as a heavy cutting edge like an axe. It is held in both hands and used to chop as well as thrust, so it is a very adaptable and extremley effective weapon for infantry.

1) Troops equipped with a halberd require both arms to wield it and cannot use shields in hand-to-hand fighting. If they carry shileds it is assumed they are slung onto their backs or placed on the ground before fighting begins.

2) Halberds are heavy weapons and a mighty swing can cause considerable damage. Halberds therefore confer a +1 strength bonus on all hits. A man with a strength of 3 therefore hits with a strength of 4 if fighting with a halberd. The strength of a hit affects the armour save of the target, so this may be reduced as well. In the case of a human with a strength if 3 a halberd hit has a strength of 4 and -1 to save for instance.

ps. I don't think Cavarly do suffer more damage against Pole-Arm, as Paper, Scissors, Stone Gameplay, is the alternative method to Warhammer Dark Omen and is more for games like Total War Series- Pike V Cavarly. However SOTHR does have Mounted Lance Bonus that could be a possible Unknown in Dark Omen- lets hope, as doubtfull".

-4th Edition
Warhammer Rule Book 1992

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/warhammer-table-top-rule-books-on-ebay-t367.0.html

and for Armour Research in Shadow of The Horned Rat of How it Relates to Actual Table Top Rules

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

Dark Omen Manual -

"You should note that the cost of troops for your regiments will increase each time you buy armour for the regiment and finalise the purchase (by exiting the Troop Roster). Therfore, whenever possible you should always buy troops either before or at the same time as, buying armour".

Smiley

1866  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Alternatives to Dark Omen on: November 15, 2009, 08:15:38 PM
They both look really promising, very cool discovery.

Smiley

1867  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: the making of hidra (help) on: November 15, 2009, 07:55:59 PM
Fantastic work bro, you're really pushing the Boundaries of Sprite Creation,

Smiley

At this stage I don't think we can make flying objects appear above the banner (even using your tested, Above Red Dot Theory. However, as other Tests have shown, Dark Omen does/may use the original Shadow of the Horned Rat Game Engine, that had a Flying Dwarf GyroCoptor (will have to test if it flies over Buildings, scenary) that could drop bombs! It would be great but doutfull, if we could activate this feature in Dark Omen. Therefore, clever use of the Shadow Colour to show flying is probably the only way and sadly wouldnt be able to fly over troops or Buildings/Trees but certainly worth investigating some of those Unknown Attributes more.

Looking Great!

Smiley

1868  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: the making of hidra (help) on: November 11, 2009, 12:43:15 AM
Great Work!

To solve the head and tail issue, double the size of the original sprite, as it will make each frame twice as large. This is what Rob advised me to do, for my Giant. So open original Sprite and increase size by 200% of each sprite sheet and then paste in your Hydra frames.

Smiley

1869  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Your favourite Dark Omen Battles on: November 02, 2009, 12:52:56 AM
As many of you already know, I take every oppotunity to showcase this old Classic Battle!

Dark Omen Special: New Match 4DQ | by Aeva

As it demonstrates how to Negate the effects of a Typical Teleporting Vampire and how I Beat the Undead using my Favourite Race, The Greenskins. "Know Thine Enemy!"

Smiley

Also from a Historical View - These 2 Vids that showed, for the First Time in History, Single Player Maps Now Available in Multiplayer!

Dark Omen Multiplayer - vs. Olly - Trading PostDQ | by Aeva

Dark Omen Multiplayer - vs. Olly - Black PyramideDQ | by Aeva

Great Ending By Ghabry on The Black Pyramids, Finshed me in Style - a truely Historic Moment!

Smiley

and Although these other 2, aren't Vids -they show the ability to Deploy more than 10 units each!

25v14 = 39 Units Max Combined

19v19 works = 38 Units

Another Historic Moment! Ideally suited to Deploying 15v15 onto possible Future New Maps!

Think Siege Battles against Destructable Castle Walls etc.. and Movable Artillary!

Smiley
1870  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Hamachi on: November 01, 2009, 01:41:34 PM
Myself and Bembelimen can now confirm that the Details Summary, provides your Opponent's Public Router IP, as an Alternative way of Connecting to Players.

Step 4) of Ultimate Multiplayer Connection Fix Guide

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html

So in this Test - Bembelimen's Public Router IP = 83.189.90.241

Smiley

However, please be aware that it provides the same result as using  http://www.whatismyip.com

Where my IP =  86.157.240.189

That isn't the Same Result, if I manually check my Router's Public IP (eg. type 192.168.1.1 into your browser)

Where my Public Router IP = 213.123.106.122  

Which is the same when typing

tracert www.google.co.uk  

into CMD prompt and checking the 2nd IP Value (UK only perhaps)

Providing my Opponent with 213.123.106.122  rather than 86.157.240.189 has personally worked better for some Dark Omen Opponents, when/if hamachi fails to connect to an opponent, even after following All 6 Steps of the Ultimate Fix Guide.

Therefore please check both ways(192.168.1.1  Router Settings and CMD -> tracert but also whatsmyip/Hamachi)

If normal hamachi and ForceBindip Fails to Connect (probably due to Firewall and Anti Virus Services still being on - see Step 1) of Ultimate Fix Guide  

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html

Smiley

1871  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Hamachi on: November 01, 2009, 12:27:54 PM
Hamachi New Update 2.0.1.64

New Version looks Great!

Smiley

ps. Can we do further tests to establish if the Summary Details provide the Correct Router IP, as good be handy

1872  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament October on: November 01, 2009, 12:22:09 PM
Congratulations to the Winner DJLebomb!

Smiley

1873  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Orc Campaign on: October 30, 2009, 09:45:50 AM
Sounds Great and this is by far the best way to get started in Modding Dark Omen!

Smiley

1874  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Which Graphics Cards can play Dark Omen with 3D-acceleration in Win 95/98? on: October 30, 2009, 09:44:59 AM
The last time I tested on Win98 -my Nvidia FX5200 128mb Card Worked but sadly my NVidia 7800 256mb didn't, so you're probably right about the 6 Series perhaps being the last Cards to work on Win98. Maybe you could splice 2 different Drivers together?

I'm still desparate to test my Dark Omen Full 3d Mode on a new Style TFT Flat Screen or TV, since they now also have 100hz technology (as well as 2-8ms Repsonse Times) and should behave like an old Style CRT monitor that also has 100hz Refresh rates. Lets Hope!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html

Smiley

1875  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament October on: October 30, 2009, 09:38:41 AM
Sadly, I can't make this Saturday but Good Luck to all and I'm eager to watch any Battle Vids, that get recorded.

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 149