March 28, 2024, 09:29:09 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 148
1936  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Urza enters the realm. on: August 11, 2009, 08:31:46 AM
Welcome!

Great time to join- New Units, Campaigns, Multiplayer Maps and Mods

Smiley

1937  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 10, 2009, 09:58:36 PM
Double-Handed Weapons

This category includes all axes, swords, hammers and clubs which are so large that they have to be wielded with two hands. These are ferocious weapons!  A blow from a double-handed axe can cut a foe clean in half and easily break armour apart. The disadvantage is that they are very heavy to swing and so the beater may be slain by a more nimble foe before he has a chance to strike.

1) Double-handed weapons require boths hands to use. If the beater has a shield he may not use it in hand-to-hand combat. It must be left on the ground or slung on his back during the fighting.

2) Double-handed weapons are heavy to swing and leave the user vulnerable to a more lightly armed foe. Double-handed weapons always strike last regardless of which side charges or relative initiative levels. If both sides are armed in this way the side with the highest initiative strikes first.

3) Double-handed weapons confer a +2 strength bonus on all hits. If the wielder's strength is 3 then all hits from a double-handed weapon with be at strength 5 for example. As the enemy's armour save is affected by the strength of the hit, this will be reduced too. In the case of a strength 5 hit the saving throw drops by -2 for example.

Flails

Flails are swung with both hands and consist of heavy weights, often spiked, attached to a pole or handle by means of heavy chains. It is extremely tiring swinging these heavy and cumbersome weapons.

1) Troops using flails require both arms to swing them and cannot therfore use shields in hand-to-hand fighting. If they carry shields they are slung onto backs before fighting begins.

2) In the first turn of any hand-to-hand combat, troops equipped with flails add +2 to thier strength. So men with a strength of 3 will hit with a strength of 5 and any enemy saves are taken with modifier for fighting high strength opponents.

3) In subsequent turns the flail users begin to tire and so they do not receive any bonus.

Halberds -Polearm

The halberd is a heavy bladed weapon mounted on a sturdy shaft. The steel blade had a point like a spear as well as a heavy cutting edge like an axe. It is held in both hands and used to chop as well as thrust, so it is a very adaptable and extremley effective weapon for infantry.

1) Troops equipped with a halberd require both arms to wield it and cannot use shields in hand-to-hand fighting. If they carry shileds it is assumed they are slung onto their backs or placed on the ground before fighting begins.

2) Halberds are heavy weapons and a mighty swing can cause considerable damage. Halberds therefore confer a +1 strength bonus on all hits. A man with a strength of 3 therefore hits with a strength of 4 if fighting with a halberd. The strength of a hit affects the armour save of the target, so this may be reduced as well. In the case of a human with a strength if 3 a halberd hit has a strength of 4 and -1 to save for instance.

-4th Edition
Warhammer Rule Book 1992

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/warhammer-table-top-rule-books-on-ebay-t367.0.html

Smiley
1938  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 09, 2009, 09:05:13 PM
Truely Excellent Work!

The Chaos Dwarf Centaurs are my favourite as they put up a good fight and all the Race/Unit Banners look Fantastic.

Smiley
1939  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: the making of hidra (help) on: August 09, 2009, 09:00:48 PM
yeah, we are all collaborating together now and with Teamwork will finish/improve my old ones (Giant etc)

Smiley

1940  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer mod for Rome on: August 09, 2009, 06:50:30 PM
Russian first but then English version due out 1 week after,

it's in Beta testing at the moment as they are doing all the Single player Campaigns as well.

Smiley

1941  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 09, 2009, 02:54:53 AM
Fear

Fear is a natural reaction to huge monsters or unnerving situations. Creatures that casue fear are indicated in the Bestiary section and include such large and disturbing monsters as Trolls as well as supernatural horrors such as Skeletons. A unit must take a fear test in the following situations:

1) If a unit is charged by an enemy that it fears then it must take make a test to overcome its fear. If successfull then the unit can fight as normal. If the unit fails to over come its fear then the unit will automatically flee if out numberd by the charging enemy. If the nemy does not outnumber the unit it will fight as normal but must roll 6's to score hits in the first turn of combat. Note that this test is taken once the enemy declares his charge and is found to be within his charge distance.

2) If a unit wishes to charge an enemy that it  fears then it must take a test to overcome its fear. If the test is failed the unit may not charge and must remain stationary.

A unit defeated in hand-to-hand combat is automatcially broken without a break test if it is outnumbered by enemy that it fears. If the fear causing enemy does not outnumber the unit then a break test is taken as normal. See hand-to-hand Combat section for details of break test and fleeing troops. Note that it makes no difference whether a fear test is passed or not, a unit defeated in hand-to-hand combat is automatically broken if it is defeated by an enemy that causes fear.

Terror
Some monsters are so huge and threatening that they are even more frightening than those described by the fear rules. These creatures cause  Terror. Troops confronted  by monsters or situations that cause terror must test to see if they overcome their terror. Should they fail they will be completely overwhelmed with horror and reduced to gibbering wrecks. Troops only ever test for terror once in a battle. Once they have overcome their terror they are not affected again.

If a creature causes terror then it automatically causes fear as well and all the rules described above apply. However, you never have to take a terror and fear test from the same enemy or situation-just take a terror test: if you pass the terror test then you automatically pass the fear test too. As you only ever take one terror test in a battle, any subsequent encounters with terrifying monsters or situations will simply count as fear.

1) A unit must test to overcome its terror if charged by or wishing to charge an enemy that causes terror.

2) A unit must test for terror at the start of its turn if there is an enemy which causes terror within 8"

Remember that only a single test is ever made for terror by any unit during the whole game, whether it is made because of a charge or because the unit finds itself within 8" of a terror-causing monster.

A unit which fails its terror test will flee immediately, exactly as if it had failed its break test in hand -to-hand combat, or decided to flee from a charge.

Fear and Terror Liabilities

Obviously a large monster is less likely to suffer fear or terror. There is no way a huge dragon is going to be scared of a troll, for example. These special liabilities also apply to any rider of a large monster too, so a dragon rider wouldnt be afraid of a creature that would cause fear or terror were he on foot. The following rules apply.

"A creature that causes fear is not affected by the enemy that cause fear. Faced with an enemy that causes terror, a fear causing monster only sufferes fear, not terror. For example, a troll causes fear and a dragon causes terror. The dragon is not at all worried by the troll but the troll fears the dragon.

A creature that causes terror is not affected by fear or terror at all.

It sometimes happens that a unit of a perfectly ordinary troops is led by a mighty hero or a monster which causes fear or terror. In this situation you must test for fear/terror if a charge will result in you fighting the hero or monster in question. In the case of terror you must also test if you are within 8" of the creature at the start of your turn but not necessarily because you are within 8" of the unit. However, if you are charging a unit in the side or rear, so that you won't have to fight a monster in the front rank, then you do not have to test. Basically this is common sense - if you don't have to confront the beast then no test is required."

-4th Edition
Warhammer Rule Book 1992

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/warhammer-table-top-rule-books-on-ebay-t367.0.html

Smiley

1942  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 09, 2009, 12:19:19 AM
I've been privileged enough to play an early Alpha version of this Mod and its certainly shaping up to be very good indeed! It's also a pleasure to see my early sprites being used and improved.

Thank you both,

Smiley

1943  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer mod for Rome on: August 08, 2009, 11:47:19 PM
That old Rome Total mod was good and I've used it myself while modding Rome and Medieval 2 but i guess that you havent seen the amazing Call of Warhammer mod for Medieval2 then... Soon to be released!

Warhammer Total War (Call of Warhammer 2)LQ | LQ+ | HQ | by Aeva

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154786

and if you ever want to learn how model in 3Dmax and Texture in Photoshop then seek out Allentun's other Warhammer Medieval2 mod that sadly never got completed but his guides are Fantastic and easy to follow and you can make your own Warhammer 3d Models at the end of his tutortials.

Smiley
1944  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 07:37:46 PM
"Psycology
You take break tests if you lose in combat or are charged.
How does fear / terror work"

According to the Shadow of the Horned Rat Manual -

FEAR

Fear is a reaction to huge monsters or unnerving situations. If a regiment wishes to engage an enemy that it fears, it must first take a Leadership test to overcome its fear. If a regiment is charged by an enemy that it fears it must take a Leadership test - if the regiment fails the test the regiment will flee. For a list of regiments which cause or are subject to fear see SPECIAL RULES on page 114.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

I would guess that Terror means that they automatically fail the Leadership test.

I've researched the Flaggelent's Flail weapon but nothing except it costs +1 Army point in the Warhamemr Table Top, so again I guess it maybe +1 Weapon Strength or perhaps +1 Initiative? Once I hoped that the SOTHR Mounted Lance +2 (on charging only) could be the same as a Polearm but sadly not as i dont think we can implement +2 on charging only and can only make a unit have Charriot like Stats instaed. Your comment about 2 Handed Swords being last to hit sounds familar, hence Mikademus' -1 Initiative.  

Smiley

*Update* - I've now found lots more great info on Double handed weapons - Two handed Sword, Fail and Halbedier will post soon.*
1945  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 06:22:29 PM
No mine are quoted from Shadow of the Horned as an insight to what Dark Omen could be.

Smiley

1946  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FO Tournament on: August 08, 2009, 04:21:03 PM
"Have you ever played against a good Vampire Killer?"

Check out my Orcs dealing with this Classic Vampire Undead Army  

Dark Omen Special: New Match 4LQ | HQ | by Aeva

My point would be that in 9k Games he isn't as much of a problem as more Units can afford Anti Magic Items.

However, I can still remember a Battle against Darkmancer (many years ago) when we agreed to play a Game that would  show me the power of a Single Vampire, when he beat my whole Army with just his Vampire. Yes it did take along time and that's the Main reason of the Rule, especially in 3k and 5k Tournaments where Time was Precious and its a Gentlemen's Agreement Rule only.

Smiley

1947  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: The 14 Armies Modification on: August 08, 2009, 02:42:36 PM
Please also check out the original DOC111 alternate Armies,

that contain many more amounts of units in the .AUD files

Such as Thorgrim's Undead army file that has 40 units in it.

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/1.-modding-tools/4.-miscellaneous-tools/doc111.html

Smiley

1948  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Outlaw Morgan's Campaign on: August 08, 2009, 02:35:05 AM
Sounds Great,

Thanks

Smiley

1949  Modifications / Troops / Re: Skeleton Unbreakability test on: August 08, 2009, 02:09:54 AM
Skelton Special Rules -COMBAT
"Skeltons cannot be broken in hand to hand combat and need never take a Break test if beaten in combat. When they are beaten in hand to hand combat the magical link between them and their master is weakend and as a result, some of the skeletons collapse and are destoyed. For every point by which they have lost the combat one extra skeleton is removed. This means that Skelton units will quickly dissolve away if they are beaten, although they can never be broken as such."
- Warhammer Armies Undead 1994

Smiley
1950  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 01:43:45 AM
Great to have u back again

and I remember the early concept for Necrominicon, it will be excellent to see it revived and Fantastic questions on the Game Engine. In Shadow of The Horned Rat some weapons are exceptionally powerful and they give their wielder a Strength bonus in hand to hand combat. This means that the wielder's Strength is increased by the value indicated below:

Weapon Strength bonus
Greatsword (two handed sword)+2

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

also concerning "Additional Damage to skeleton units"

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/skeleton-unbreakability-test-t300.0.html

Skelton Special Rules -COMBAT
"Skeltons cannot be broken in hand to hand combat and need never take a Break test if beaten in combat. When they are beaten in hand to hand combat the magical link between them and their master is weakend and as a result, some of the skeletons collapse and are destoyed. For every point by which they have lost the combat one extra skeleton is removed. This means that Skelton units will quickly dissolve away if they are beaten, although they can never be broken as such."

Wight Blades
Wights are armed with ancient enchanted swords, or other evily enchanted weapons. These are magic weapons and any blow from a Wight's sword will drain the lfe away from its victim, causing not 1 wound on the individual but-
D3(roll a D6: 1-2=1,3-4=2,5-6=3)

-Warhammer Armies Undead Book 1994

So I will look forward to trying some of your future - In Game Tests on my 2 virtual PCs

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 148