May 02, 2024, 05:59:57 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
346  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 19, 2012, 09:18:31 AM
I see, thank you,
will try to look into it when I have a chance.

So far failing to run BTB Editor at my work computer under Windows XP Sad it only works with Windows7 x64 on my home laptop.

Installed .NET 4.0 as Olly suggested but it still doesn't work.
I asked a programmer from our work to run it in his computer, he has newest possible .NET and Visual Studio and Windows XP. It still says 'Isn't a valid Win32 Application'.
Any ideas what else I can fix? I doubt I will have much chance to edit in BTB when at home :p

BTB Editor isn't a necessary tool as one can use BTB-XML, but seems very handy for placing enemy troops with right coordinates on the map.
347  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:03 PM
Thank you. I got more questions though :p

1. a short one:
By the way, in Olly's example of the Necromancer at Bandits' mission,
#97 16
seems that 16 means the sequence number of the subchunk even though the subchunks aren't enumerated?
This means that my chunks should be appended rather then inserted in the middle. And how is #97 interpreted? I saw #3 in B101 that I wasn't sure about already...

2. I opened ctl->txt file for B101 and it does contain scripts that are used in first mission.
But it wasn't easy to figure out everything. Probably, it would take more time than I could afford. But a few simple examples would help me get basic understanding, if it is possible Smiley

So, Enemy in first mission has 2 "waves". NG(131) and NGArchers(129) have scripts 0,2 and appear at once, archers go to a determined position.
a) where in the ctl files is that position defined?
Then NG(132) and NGArchers(130) have corresponding scripts 1,3. Triggering event is death of both units from wave-1, then trigger transfers them both to the right-top corner regardless of their initial position.
b) where are these right-top corner coordinates in ctl files? I'd like to split that transfer, one unit goes to right-top, the other to the left-bottom for example....for that I would have to add another script though...

c) I added a mage, assigned to it #133 and script 3. The mage wasn't seen at start but did appear in the right-top corner when the wave-2 started, but he didn't cast anything, only used magical staff of his.
I wonder if it is easy to copy-paste a casting script from another .ctl file and assign it to the mage in 1st mission.

348  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 18, 2012, 11:45:56 AM
Found a little time to start getting aqcuainted, started with BTB Editor.
1. A quick question. How do I load a background mission map to see coordinates of troops/triggers right on the map surface but not on a relative dark square?

Failed to find map files in the Dark Omen installed. Should I download decoded map files from somewhere to let BRB Editor 'eat' them?

2. Got from Wiki that Chunk <6000> is connected to troops and other triggers.
If to talk about B1_01, the first value there is 35 which looks like an amount of Subchunks.
I didn't understand how to add subchunks there. I don't know if all 35 are used but I dont want to touch existing ones. Is there a way?
349  Modifications / Troops / Re: Mage Flag on: March 16, 2012, 06:18:25 AM
Grend got his choas dwarfs to play the casting animation when firing in his dark omen expanded mod.  Dunno how thou.

Yes, yesterday I made my mage shoot bolts, and he automatically used his casting animation for that (1st of 2 sprites).
What I was talking about is for it I had to set his unit type to human archers - otherwise he refused to shoot at all.
After it was done, he stopped using his casting animation for casting itself Smiley He could just walk and blast at the same time as if all his spells were just magic artifacts. And I didn't like that.
350  Modifications / Troops / Re: Mage Flag on: March 15, 2012, 12:30:39 PM
The mage won't shoot Sad

I can make him shoot by setting unit type to 'human archers'. But then he won't stop and spend time on casting spells.
So one has to choose between multi-functional casting-shooting non-stop machine and beautiful pics of a mage casting a spell Smiley
351  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:53 PM

Btw, are these 2-man-Regiments, ex. Grail Knights made on purpose?

Those I consider redundant provided that no army unit is lost entirely during the campaign. Probably I was too lazy to redraw more units in a graphic redactor like I did with what you saw.
Anyway there are like 12 usable units with maximum capacity of 10 units per battle.
352  Modifications / Troops / Re: Mage Flag on: March 14, 2012, 06:58:49 PM
Yes I have already made up my mind to provide him with the Book from the first level. It should work out well.
Also I liked the idea to give him a crossbow or something Smiley
353  Modifications / Troops / Re: Mage Flag on: March 14, 2012, 04:04:45 PM
I see
354  Modifications / Troops / Re: Mage Flag on: March 14, 2012, 11:25:32 AM

The only difference I know is that the ice magic book gives one extra spell but this is unrelated to the mage type.

Right, and Ice Mage ignores Book of Ashur so this extra spell is like having the permanent book for him.

My concern is that Orc Mage is pretty weak on lvl1 and is having very hard time earning exp: His basic damage spell is crap, he doesn't get any exp from using 'here we go' and if even he's given the blast, it's way weaker than say fire mage blast, not mentioning such spells as burning head that lvl1 bright mage is having alright.
As for Ice Mage, he's got 1 extra spell from the very beginning so it's not a problem to raise him to level2: his damage spells are alright.

So I'd like Orc Mage to have more spells but don't want to set a level 2 mage from the very first mission in my campaign.
Giving him Staff of Osiris is a bit overpowered in my eyes, and there remains only a little of orc mage but most damage is done by the staff.
355  Modifications / Troops / Mage Flag on: March 14, 2012, 08:20:34 AM
Wh32 suggests that there are 4 types of mages: base mage, orc adept, adept mage, master mage.

I thought it was something independant of mage level, like you can set 'master mage' to a level 1 mage and he will have extra spells in his arsenal. But it doesn't work the way I thought it would.

Could anyone explain what this flag is actually about? Thanks.
356  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 13, 2012, 07:16:31 PM
Smiley
OK if you succeed please tell me I will remove infantry altogether Smiley
by the way, the main wizard is also from Heads patch so it might crash as well.
357  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 13, 2012, 11:52:32 AM

Hurgh, where is the savegame located? The folder called 'SaveGame' is empty...

Yes, it's in savegame
Shouldn't be empty... Is it possible that you have 2 copies installed and look into a wrong one?
358  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 12, 2012, 03:12:33 PM
Can you fix it or there is no known way?
I think I had best not use non-default heads even though I'd like to.

I am almost sure my bugs occur when a non-default head unit tries to flee. After I passed the campaign myself I added 1 unit with such a head and that's the reason Hari8 has more crashes than I did.
It occurs not 100% though but tends to if there is a mass action going on with different heads constantly reporting stuff.
359  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 12, 2012, 01:17:06 PM
As na offtopic..I saw portraits from SOTHR used somewhere in a fight video record.
How can I insert one of the SOTHR dwarves into my campaign?
360  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 12, 2012, 01:07:10 PM
Olly,
 I found a strange bug, a fight seems to halt when the dwarven musketeers flee from hand-to-hand combat. When they flee from under missile attacks, sometimes it goes OK. Im not sure yet.

Is it possible that their sprite file is buggy or I placed it in a wrong position? I overwrited Grudgebringer Xbows sprite file.
Also, it is possible that the portrait stuff is buggy. I used a portrait of the Bretonia King for them, from the Head patch...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26