May 02, 2024, 08:53:44 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26
331  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 23, 2012, 05:39:42 PM
Sure about Zombies and Skeletons, not sure about Ghouls - just I remember I had similar problems on mission b103.
332  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 23, 2012, 01:39:28 PM
Thx! Found'em - I hope I looked up all of them Smiley

Yes, Ive been using the Sprite Viewer as there are already troops that I recoloured Smiley
333  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 23, 2012, 09:28:09 AM
Partially solved the problem. Why partially? because it is blind-walking and I am not sure if I didn't break anything else.

So there were 2 problems: 1) Inability to enter Melee combat with Horsemen 2) Absense of Banner on Horsemen

1) replace teleport_to with teleport_to2 helped to solve it. Horsemen attacked my defence line and the melee combat did start. A back-change in Army File horsemen->zombies: zombies can't work with teleport_to2, they behaved the same way as horsemen with teleport_to

2)     set_unit_flag1 536870912         /* = 2^29 */
       After I removed this instruction, the horsemen received the banner. I don't know what's checked in bit with sequence number 29, maybe there is something else important...
Let's see what happens further.
334  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:51 AM
I started a new campaign with modified btb/ctl files, and encountered a nasty bug that spoils all the fun from the work.
Pretty please, help me to track it down or maybe someone already knows the answer. It is very important for the campaign.
Let me try to describe it in brief but with details.

1. It doesn't seem to occur on missions B101, B102, B104, but occurs on B103, B105, B107...maybe conneted to undead.
2. Let's take B107 (it has a regiment of enemy horsemen)
3. In Army Editor: overwrite 1st zombie regiment (that raises from the ground when you advance north) with those horsemen and adjust unit ID.
4. When you start playing the mission, the horsemen appear but they don't have a banner, and though they charge your units, combat doesn't start and you just 'pass through' each other.
5. It's almost certain the problem is in CTL. it can't be a bug with army unit, and the btb instructions are transparent and simple as well.
6. I tried to compare ctl scripts for buggy zombie-horsemen and non-buggy horsemen that appear later.
   They differ at a few points but I failed to adjust the script so that it worked alright. At some point the banner appeared but they anyway couldn't attack my regiments, and I couldn't attack them.

7. Now, the same happens if I substitute zombies with any cavalry - undead or alive, and unfortunately with majority other infantry as well, except for: mercenary infantry, imperial greatswords, skeleton warriors, maybe something else.
If I set Halberdiers, Dwarfs, Flagellants or whatever, the same bug occurs as with horsemen.

8. I believe it is connected to unit sprite types: what else differs imperial halberdiers and greatswords? their sprites have slightly different structure like having 5 'battle' movements vs 3, and something else.
Meanwhile, greatswords work alright as a substritution to any zombie, skeleon warrior or ghoul, while halberdiers provide that nasty bug I am talking about.

9. But be it sprites or not, I failed to adjust the script perfectly. I will try more as I can't advance in campaign building w/o it being fixxed, but I appretiate your help very much. Please.
335  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 23, 2012, 08:17:05 AM
Thank you very much for replies, I will pack and send you the files when I get back home.

By the way, Artillery can be destroyed prior to all its crew: it mayhap that the connon is down and 1-2 cannoneers flee but then can return and act as an infantry regiment. And what confused me is it was indestructible with toughness 7 but when I set toughness to 3 the artillery was destroyed alright...But maybe it's just a coincidence.
336  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 22, 2012, 12:30:34 PM
I managed to place an artillery on a mission where it's not by default.

It happened so that my Unit-1 attacked that artillery, and the fight was going on for 40 mins: 1st minute artillery crew became 2/4, the next 39 minutes none died.

I referred it to some bug because of incorrectly transferred artillery ctl script.
I forced my unit to flee, and another bug occured: artillery remained in 'pursue' mode with red arrow even though my unit was far away. That kind of justified some bug with the artillery.

But then I reduced Artillery toughness from 7 to 3, and replayed. The artillery died alright within 2 minutes. My unit Str was 4, and I used 'here we go' and 'boost unit strength'.

I wonder if such things occured in the default campaign: I mean that sometimes artillery is too tough for units to break through it...does anyone know what's it about?
337  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 22, 2012, 05:51:29 AM
You could just overwrite the orignal picture with whatever you want.

Well, this was the first thing that came into my mind  Smiley
but I kinda failed to look up those pictures in DO directory, so asked here. Will seek again today.
338  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 21, 2012, 03:20:19 PM
Race is Multiplayer only. The HUD is always using the human layout in singleplayer.

I see...And seems to be no patch that would just change the pictures for single player...
339  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 21, 2012, 01:59:44 PM
Could anyone hint me how I can change the battle layout in Campaign from classical 'Human' one to 'Greenskin' or 'Undead'?
Changing campaign race in the Army Editor doesn't change that layout...
Or is this for Multiplayer games only?

Thank you.
340  Modifications / Troops / Re: Clarification on melee weapons and something else on: March 21, 2012, 06:04:36 AM
Cool, thank you.
though I assume combination '2handed weapon + shield' doesn't give any penalties to say Greatswords or Flagellants. And it does give them an armor bonus.
I mean, Greatswords will anyway deliver heavy blows, and they just have 1armor less at maximum in comparison to other infantry.
341  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 20, 2012, 03:25:38 PM
Pity neither BTBEditor nor BTB-XML are indexing Subchunks in any way. It's pain in the ass to find say subchunk 34 in the list of 60 subchunks   Sad and ther are a lot of such occasions even for 1 map.
342  Modifications / Troops / Clarification on melee weapons and something else on: March 20, 2012, 10:49:40 AM
Hi,

When looking through the forum, I found that Wight Blades allow delivering multiple wounds (1-3 at random if I remember?) and polearms kind of ignore enemy horse armor. Still, there are a few questions I don't know answers to.

1. What does general 2xhanded weapon give?
2. What do flails give?
3. A newbie question about Warhammer rules. How many facets does an armor-checknig die have? I mean, what is the % difference in quality between say armor3 and armor4 for a unit?
343  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:56 PM
#9d looks like a spells set for a mage.

For 1 of 4 mages in B5_01b we have:

#9d 50
    #9d 55
    #9d 48
    #9d 54

A combo like this always goes 3-4 lines in a row, and is met only for mage scripts, never for other units.
Tomorrow I will try to pick up values for fire and ice mage.
If my assumption is true and the values are decimal, necro has range 48-55 (I counted 8 spells for them except Dispel), values for Orc shamans go around 42-47 or something.

Update:
Looked into db.xml for the Army editor, the spell numbers there coincide with these values. So if I fail to insert a mage into 'empty space', I will at least try to play with mages on the maps where they exist by default. My dream is to kill Luther and hear his thin squeky sriek Smiley

1 more update.
2 Conflagrations and Mr Schepke is fleeing alone leaving 19 of his boys burnt out on the ground. I liked it.
The only thing I doubt is that ice mage will have enough intellegence to use death frost + cloak in melee...but anyways.
344  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 19, 2012, 06:30:48 PM
32bit BTBEditor would be great!

Yes it's better to assign 1 script to 1 unit. Just so far I didn't notice bugs when I assign the same behaviour script to different units. Probably for the sake of time it's ok to do it.

What I failed to do is I failed to force shaman cast Sad

I copy-pasted a shaman script from a mission where he repops at start - like B2_02 ambush by goblins.
Adjusted what values I knew in the script, and didnt' touch 90% of main part. The shaman did pop but he behaved like an ordinary infantry unit.
345  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 19, 2012, 10:07:04 AM
1st Mission, an extract from 2nd NG Regiment script (unit id = 132)

init_teleport 24
    teleport_to2

This code transfers them to right-top corner (subchunk 24)
If there a way to write an if-then-else construction, with checking unit_id, like:
if (unit_id == 132) - transfer to 24
else if (unit_id == 133) - transfer to 25
else transfer to 26
?
so far didn't fully understand how to check unit id.

Or is the logic of the script "1 Unit ID <=> 1 Script'? Then I would probably have to copy-paste script for NG-2 append it to the end of .ctl file and assign it to unit 133 that may appear in B1_01.btb?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26