May 17, 2024, 10:14:28 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26
301  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:49:45 PM
Thank you, most important thing for me is that people enjoy it.

I've just updated the Campaign (the link in the 1st post is still valid)

I increased Greenskin army amount by 1-4 orcgoblins per unit, I hope it won't be annoying now (main bonus is 2 spiders->3spiders) but I kept file Plyr_Hard.ARM - the army I use myself as I test the missions. Again, this change will affect only new campaigns. Update of a saved game requires work with wh32edit.

Forgot to mention, the campaign had a huge disbalance in money, there were practically no money to recover troops.
At a few missions amount of gold spent on reinforcements reached 7K.
I now set 25k at start, and supply enemy units with occasional treasure chests. Wonder if that will suffice.
302  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Further CTL investigation on: April 01, 2012, 07:32:36 PM
#98 66, 16384, 1
Necromancer in B4_05 uses this to cast doombolt on the stone. Before this there goes instruction
set_unit_flag2 16

I tried to force another unit cast it but it crashed - I may have missed something, will try again when I have chance.
That other unit had the spell with #9d, had necromancer's handler but it didn't avail.
303  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures on: March 31, 2012, 07:46:40 PM
The link in the header post is incorrect now. I named the file in a different way. The link from my last post is correct.
304  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 31, 2012, 07:18:33 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65675337/Goblin%20Adventures.zip

Updated the campaign.
-Now it contains a few new missions, and intermediate finish is Hand of Nagash. I will work on the last part as time allows.
-Plyr_All.ARM was adjusted at a few points (including a few of Darkmancer's suggestions).
 It either requires campaign restart or use Wh32Edit to copy-paste armies into the latest save file (if you do so, don't forget to restore correct experience amount for troops, and carried artifacts)
-Bogenhafen onslaught is weakened. The amount of enemy units remained the same though, but the quantity is fewer, and the wizard isn't that cruel.
-Goblin Army wasn't increased so far, let's see what other missions will prove.

2Moderators: Could you place this information to the 1st topic post, and remove the old link? Thank you.
305  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 31, 2012, 05:39:25 AM
Well, if the rest is OK but Bogenhafen is a pain, it's still better to soften Bogenhafen than to change the party as a whole. Unless there are other missions beyond Bogenhafen that are disbalanced as well.

Yes goblins tend to wave the white flag once they retreat. I wouldn't change their default stats unless I rename them to something, but probably more leadership won't harm a lot.
Black Orcs aren't immune to fear. They are improved Big'Uns or something. There were a couple of missions as I tried them when they tanked up to 3 units but then had to flee and earned only a little, while night goblins stroke from behind and got 50% of overall exp Smiley But the party definitely needs a good tank at start.

I wouldn't mind Ogre in the close combat, but there appeaers a problem once he gets nasty spells, and this happens pretty soon with the exp-gaining speed in the campaign.

Once he has Fists or Da Krunch, he just rushes to the front, endures archery/melee enough long until he alone destroys whole regiments. Add there increased speed (in comparison with ordinary mages) and it will seem a complete overpwoered unit.
Even now he has more wounds and is way stronger and more durable in close combat than ordinary mages are.
My opinion is he's enough to fence in holes in the front if something goes amiss. But this probably requires improved goblins Smiley

On the other hand I can't call myself an expert in DO strategy and balance as I never played online, only the campaign, and it was years ago (if not to count last month), so I reply to your opinion but don't insist on my point Smiley

I started implementing a few ideas for 3rd quarter of the campaign yester eve, today evening I will try to post an updated version of the Adventures that will include adjustments in Plyr_All.ARM (will require a restart of a campaign or  an according edit of the last savegame,I will post notes)
306  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:27:00 PM
I think I should place 2 'Plyr_All.ARM' files in future releases. The current file I should rename to 'tough', and make a 'normal' one with slightly increased troop numbers. Actually, the enemies will remain the same, thus, the exp amount and map difficulties remain the same but more own troops will make things somewhat easier.

I can agree that tough missions can really piss ppl off (the best video I've seen as of late was Ghabry's link to a guy playing SotHR at 3am, and trying Shattered Path
DQ | by Aeva
)
and it's not my intention.

By the way, Goblin Archers were the first unit that stroke Level 3 in my army. This is despite the fact that unlike the rest of the army, they never wore exp-boosting artifacts like Banner of Wrath or magical swords.
307  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 29, 2012, 07:44:50 PM
I have a question about Campaign script, the flow between the battles.
I saw that page in Wiki and saw that long script, but didn't quite understand in what file it is situated and if there is an editor or xml format for it.

In particular, I have 2 ideas, maybe someone knows if they are possible or not.

1. Activate/deactivate my troops, like, allow Helmgart bowmen stay with me after I took the fortress, or something like this.

2. Change the game flow to capture all alternative missions. Like help Elrod, then help Treeman, then jump to Knights of the Realm branch. This can make the campaign longer.
308  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:40:11 PM
Cool, by then I will have started Part2 I hope.
309  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:49:17 AM
No they aren't archers. I just used the name for default campaign troops that appear on Bogenhafen and Helmgaart missions.

As for those 5 goblins, they are 'Countess Guard'. I don't deploy them in battles, but I was worried that removing them from the Army altogether might cause bugs so they are there. :p
310  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:52:32 AM
Well, probably the campaign requires further balancing. I can only say that I passed Bogenhafen by overthrowing a few units right on start with point-blank fire and charge from the flanks, and then managed to survive further onslaught.
My aim was neither to make it too easy so that you could pass all 25 missions within 2 days, nor make any of the missions depend on pure luck even with best tactics. I wonder what other players will say, if anyone tries the Adventures.

By the way, do you have that supplementary unit of 'Helmgart Bowmen' alive after the Road?
It's essensial that you should have them through these 3 missions.
311  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Further CTL investigation on: March 27, 2012, 08:05:51 PM

Horses need teleport_to2 for proper initialisation, infantry needs teleport_to

It's not exactly cavalry vs infantry, because 2 similar infantries are sometimes 'incompatible' as well.

I have a grounded guess that issue is connected to sprites, or rather sprite types, but I haven't investigated it thoroughly, nor I am fully familiar with sprites format.
312  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:42:25 PM
Well, I think it's more intriguing when ppl don't know what awaits them Smiley so if someone else decides to play, your reports might somewhat reduce the fun. Though mb I am wrong.
313  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures, Part1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:19:25 PM
2Darkmancer:
Yes, the troop names as they are displayed on the battle field were adjusted. After I reached the limit of UNUSED names  I even had to substitute a few existing ones - those that don't take part in battles.

2Hari8
It's most inspiring to hear emotional reactions Smiley
314  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 27, 2012, 03:33:26 PM
This isn't an offtopic, it will definitely be of value once I get my way to the last mission scripts Smiley
Though I already have a feeling that tough missions require only minor tweaks. If to add a lot of stuff to such missions, they become 'overloaded' and may seem even boring.
315  Modifications / Campaigns / Goblin Adventures on: March 27, 2012, 03:24:18 PM
Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Campaign was updated see update message at end of post

A small preface.
I edit missions while Im at work to the most part, and the following week(s) we have 'all hands job' so Im unlikely to progress in the campaign. Thus I wanna post what I have already done and take a break though I am positive to go on editing it soon. To this moment I advanced as far as Mission B2_08.
Also, I have to admit it's a very tiresome pastime, and lack of time and diligence didn't allow me to use the full power of CTL/BTB editing. Actually I am sure, that entirely new missions with anything a player may wish are possible to create. At least current knowledge of the scripts allows for it. But it requires damn long time and patience to complete 25 missions in that way. I think I used only about 20% potential of the CTL/BTB editors but I still enjoyed it a lot.
And I am sorry that I opened the DO community for myself a bit too late, when the general activity is kind of ceased.
So I am not even sure if someone except my brother will try what I prepared  Smiley

Now to the campaign.

So, poor greenskins have no allies but only enemies. To make their way through, they have to suffer from all possible races and kingdoms - be it humans, elves, dwarves or undead.
A few troop types are taken from other mods. Their war-style remained the same even though certain stats had to be slightly adjusted (mostly reduced) to keep them to the game balance. If someone plays it and finds it a bit too easy, feel free to inform me.
I didn't want it to be as tough as mission 1 of RotD Smiley . I am not sure about my own skill of playing, but as an author, I certainly have an advantage. So if due to any reasons I failed to pass a mission 2 times in a row, I reduced enemy amount/strength in it.
In order to check that all scripts work properly I had to pass each mission, and some of them - more than once.
Several missions were changed drastically, though a few missions that are interesting and hard by themselves suffered only minor changes.

To install the campaign simply copy-paste the contents of the archive into the Dark Omen directory.

Updated the campaign.
-Now it contains a few new missions, and intermediate finish is Hand of Nagash. I will work on the last part as time allows.
-Plyr_All.ARM was adjusted at a few points (including a few of Darkmancer's suggestions).
 It either requires campaign restart or use Wh32Edit to copy-paste armies into the latest save file (if you do so, don't forget to restore correct experience amount for troops, and carried artifacts)
-Bogenhafen onslaught is weakened. The amount of enemy units remained the same though, but the quantity is fewer, and the wizard isn't that cruel.
-Goblin Army wasn't increased so far, let's see what other missions will prove.

2nd Update
The latest changes:
-Starting amount of money is 30000. I wonder if it's enough, I didn't pass the campaign but rather 'tested' it mission by mission, adjusting values. Probably I should just have set 50000. After all, the campaign isn't about passing with minimal loss, but just about passing.  Undecided
-Bretonia part: the assumption is that player selects to help Elrod, and then selects to help Knarlroot. I wonder if it is possible to unite tha branches by editing game script, but this is only for future.
-The last 2 battles didn't have drastic changes. I think they are tough and interesting by themselves. If to overload them with changes, it won't do good. Though of course there ARE changes, and a certain thrill as well  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26