May 17, 2024, 10:13:28 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26
316  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 27, 2012, 01:45:09 PM
send_event_to_labelled 43971, 84

on_event 84
                #99 66, 32768, 1
                end_event 6844

This forces a mage cast dispel magic.
I wonder what 66 stands for, dispel magic seems to be 56.
And I wonder what happens if to set it to an enemy infantry (provided that the infantry is set 'dispel magic' in the list of spells). This might work.

Also, there are similar events 81, 82 that trigger the following:

on_event 82
        test_unit_flag2 2048
        iffalse
            #9b 0, 0
            iffalse
                #99 66, 512, 3
            endif
        endif
        end_event 6844
    on_event 81
        test_unit_flag2 2048
        iffalse
            #9b 0, 0
            iffalse
                #99 66, 1024, 3
            endif
        endif
        end_event 6844

#9b might be amount of mana check, and the events occur when a mage is attacked by spells or magical items. Or maybe this involves casting 'dispel magic' on friendly troops that might endure magic attacks.
317  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 26, 2012, 06:26:09 PM
Couldn't help sharing fun...I wanted to add a neutral-aligned mage to fight at my enemies. The result was the mage destroyed 3 enemy units of cavalry within 5 seconds. He seems to have infinite mana and can cast 10 fireballs a second.
318  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 26, 2012, 05:50:06 PM
Cool, thank you! I will try to use it.

By the way, I got yet another question.
Skeleton horsemen and black grail in .ARM files have armor 16, 17 or something. What is it about?
319  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:38 PM
I see,
Undead Chariots are Type 61 there btw.
320  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 26, 2012, 11:02:52 AM
Well, when you aren't familiar with overall structure of the ctl file it's not evident where to seek the problem, while when you've been working with it for quite a while, things become more evident.  Embarrassed
After I localized my problem should be in event_handler, I figured out its meaning relatively easy.

Now I have a few questions.

1) I don't quite understand what you mean by 'player artillery' with event handler 103. I thought all human troops have func 100. What file are you speaking of? is it some multiplayer stuff or?..

Modified my post: got it - seems I'm slightly overloaded. in func 100 there are event handlers for human troops depending on their class, and artillery has handler 103.

2) Also, why do you think 23 is Regroup?
Artillery never routs unless the leader is dead, but then they rout with chance=100%.
Event 23 should describe that very moment when the leader dies and the crew routs.

And a few more questions:

3) Where can I find table of unit classes with values? I figured out Class 32 is artillery but that's about it.

4) Im interested in undead chariots. But again you say '.func 120' - in what file? at least in the file I've been editing now .func 120 has nothing of the kind.
I remember I saw a post where someone complained that Chariots can't be added to the campaign as human troops because they become buggy after the mission. Is there a way to solve it by editing ctl func 100 or something?..

Thank you for replies.
321  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 26, 2012, 09:03:00 AM
Seem to have solved it. At least on the first approach. So if the information is of any use for someone:

I was on a right track that the problem is with that line in ctl: set_event_handler
   but I wasn't sure until now what exactly it meant. The answer is very simple, even though when I was wandering in darkness of unknown functions it didn't look so.

set_event_handler XX simply sets the .func XX from CTL file as handler of events for that particular unit.
   So there are 2 ways for the artillery: either copy-paste that artillery handler from any script where artillery exists, or modify the handler for archers on this mission and use it.

Artillery handler has a peculiar item: (example is given for B205, event handler  .func 26 for orc artillery)

on_event 23
                clear_unit_flag2 1
                #bd 8
                set_event_handler 24
                test_unit_flag1 8192

The thing is on some event the handler is set to a different one. For mission B205 event handler 24 stands for Infantry units. The assumption then is that when artillery loses its Leader it becomes an infantry and works as infantry from that moment on.

I added this instruction to Archers event handler and the enemy Mortar died quickly to my guys. The bug had occured when my troops did kill the Leader (the mortar itself) but the game didn't know how to handle that situation.

2 further things to do:

1) I will have to test if enemy archers behave correctly with that fix in the Handler. It mayhap that their leader becomes mortal before the unit dies.  This won't do.

2) Probably, copy-pasting Wizard event handler together with the Wizard script function will make casting wizards on a missions where wizards didn't exist. I will test that thing on missions like B301 or other 'late' missions that don't have default wizards.

322  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 26, 2012, 05:51:57 AM
323  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 26, 2012, 05:49:33 AM
I'm potentially going to try multiplayer,
but I've never ever tried a multiplayer game, I don't know the rules applied, what patches I need to install, what troops are better/worse etc, and I will be a loser Smiley
I know there are help files here on the forum, but before learning that stuff I'd like to progress with my campaign to the end or at least to a point when I realise it's pointless due to unknown stuff Smiley
324  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 26, 2012, 05:48:15 AM
I have to increase the first field in the CHUNK 6000 by 1, yes.
The thing is if I don't do such stuff, it just won't deploy. If it IS deployed in a right position, if it shoots my troops, this means that .ARM and BTB are unlikely to be a problem, and CTL is correct to the most part. But in CTL at least there are points with unknown meaning.
 Will try a further investigation. Maybe it's my army that is buggy...I will try to test the things on B2_05, where default enemy artillery is deployed, and also will try default mercenary army instead of my own.
325  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 25, 2012, 08:26:20 PM
BTB Editor: At home atm with Win-7 so it works. Will try .NET 2.0 tomorrow morning.

As for your advice: there are enemy armies where Ids aren't in ascending sequence, and same for btbs.
Anyway I tried it and its about the same. The artillery behaves alright which means the script works: it shoots, and if I flee before it's 2/4 it shoots again alright.

I want to try set a unique event handler to artillery, but Im not sure how to pick up one so that it didn't crash on battle start.
326  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 25, 2012, 07:55:20 PM
[attachment=1]

Didn't quite get how to insert screenshots..I attached one of the Mortar and just posted extracts from btb/ctl scripts...
It's an ordinary mortar copied from 2PARM, its Unit Id is 257, Evil Alignment.

Then, the btb contains the following record:

<SUBRECORD type="503">
             <INT type="5"> 16387 </INT>
             <INT type="1"> 525 </INT>
             <INT type="2"> 615 </INT>
             <INT type="6"> 48 </INT>
             <INT type="7"> 125 </INT>
             <INT type="11"> 0 </INT>
             <INT type="12"> 257 </INT>
             <INT type="13"> 3 </INT>
         </SUBRECORD>

Corresponding CTL script, as I posted above is the same for all enemy artillery throughout the campaign:

.func 3
    init_unit 128
    clear_ctrl_flag 32768
    set_label 43971
    #3c 240, 0
    set_event_handler 14
    #3e 13, 32
    wait_for_deploy
    saveip
    do
        test_unit_class 32
        iftrue
            #d6 128
            iffalse
                #d6 0
                iffalse
                    #cf 1
                    #ce 1024
                    send_event_to_this 12
                    sleep1
                endif
            endif
            search_and_shoot_enemy 58, 100, 512
        else
            search_and_attack_enemy 4, 0, 4096
        endif
        set_timer 10
        wait_for_timer
    always

327  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 25, 2012, 07:22:03 PM
Thx, I will try to learn it. Though I don't need to place items on the missions. I rather feel like removing items from 'hidden' places and giving all I need to enemy troops. Or replacing them with 'potions of strength' or Coin Chests. That will be more than enough for me. If it can be done easily...
Even though it's somewhat less diverse, it's easier for game balancing, and I am not sure ppl enjoy shooting all the houses and stones on every mission
328  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 25, 2012, 07:08:08 PM
I still can't defeat that bug with enemy artillery in my campaign.

99% of the times the artillery is in 'god mode'. My units quickly down crew to 2/4 (or to 2/6 if I increase its crew) and then 40 mins nothing happens.
If after that moment of crew 2/4 I order my troops to flee, the artillery doesn't drop off combat and the game crashes in some 30 seconds. Within those 30 seconds I can defeat it with magic though.

The .arm and .btb files are alright, and as for .ctl - Enemy artillery scripts are simply copy-pasted throughout the whole campaign except for 3 fields:
-Unit Label
-some insifnificant field  like #3e 13, 35 (please correct me if it does influence something)
-Event Handler. The last field seems important even though I don't fully understand its connection with other scripts with numbers 100+
If I set a handler to my unit that is not one of other enemy troops' handlers in that mission, the game crashes right after units deploy.
However I noticed that in ctl scripts for missions where Artillery exists, all artillery units have the same Event Handler and no other unit in that mission has the same.

After reading all my compains, could anyone help me to spill light on my problem? W/o enemy artillery varying of missions is very limited. And I have already failed to insert mages to non-mage missions. Sad

329  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:17 PM
Thank you indeed for the reply! I wonder if Olly as a native speaker would record tracks to my campaign Wink
Also, by tutorial for items edit do you mean turorial that helps with that command line editor or tutorial how to edit item properties? Smiley
330  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 25, 2012, 06:49:50 AM
Hi, I have a few questions.

1. Is there a known way to edit phrases units exchange during the missions? Like "Protect your flag, undead horsen chariots approach!" or others?

2. I didn't find enough information where to look for inter-mission scripts, but I have a specific question:
   Is there a known way to remove or change artifacts that drop from buildings, like Book of Ashur or Horn of Urgok.
   The problem is that having the full set of "building" artifacts vs not having them influences the balance crucially, and I want all who may try my upcoming campaign not depend on whether they remember everything or not.

3. Speaking again of those phrases during the missions. Though in default campaign all units speak with their own voices, after I change both my and enemy units, they seem to speak the phrases with random voices instead of their own.
Except for undead maybe...Is there a way to specify it? sounds funny when Treemen speak with squeaky goblin voices. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26