April 26, 2024, 04:21:57 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
376  Modifications / Troops / Re: Trolls and Magic Protection on: March 02, 2012, 07:14:16 AM
377  Modifications / Troops / Trolls and Magic Protection on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:28 PM
I was playing around with my hex editor, and was wondering what parameter gives Trolls resi-magic.

It's not Unit Type as they have 'Monster' along with many others.

I thought it would have been logical if it were Troll Armor. I searched through this forum and found 1 post where it was seemingly true. Didn't find more. But my units with Troll Armor ate 10 fireballs in a row w/o any resistance.

I set flag 'regeneration' to my units and they started resist magic.
Am I right that it is 'regeneration' flag that gives units resi-magic? I don't want a unit from my campaign army set to regenerate even though I'd give them resi magic.
378  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Magic spells description and usefulness on: February 28, 2012, 07:05:39 AM
So you basicly get twice the exp because the unit that really killed the enemy gets the same exp?

Yes.
379  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow of the Horned Rat on: February 27, 2012, 12:09:13 PM
btw here the most epic video about Shadow of the horned rat:
FU SOTHR-MATURE LANGUAGE

THAT IS AWESOME! Smiley just LMAO

Pity I lived 15 years after I played SOTHR as a kid, and never knew that it and Dark Omen are so popular in the world, and ppl talking about it! Smiley

Btw, SOTHR seemed harder to me, though I didn't know a word in English by then so all these spell descriptions, army descriptions, archers-shooters-melee-mage units etc passed me by. I only figured everything out by using units/clicking icons Smiley

Anyway SOTHR seemed a bit harder, at least certain missions.
380  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Is Last Battle beatable with all option missions failed? on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:30 AM
A comment 2 years after posts ceased here hehe Smiley

To increase enemy units by 20-30% in numbers makes the game kind of easier in the last part (or last mission if you please).
Even though you might have difficulties on a certain mission like Bogenhafen defend or so, in the end your troops will earn significantly more exp and be more powerful in the end.

To increase the default campaign difficulty, I'd recommend reducing your own units in numbers, like Cavalry 16->12, Lt Schepke can remain the same anyway he sucks Smiley, Archers 15->12, Ragnars 12->10 etc
Not any unit is necessary to be touched, but the strongest can be.
381  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Magic spells description and usefulness on: February 27, 2012, 11:33:39 AM
An addon about Snow Blizzard and Crimson Bands.

Being useful by themselves, these spells partially solve one of the main problems during a Default Compaign:

Limited amount of overall exps your armies earn. Yes, this is a "munchkin" approach, but I always try to prepare the more armies of level 3 (or even 4) before last missions. it's problematic cause I can't kill more than computer gives me Smiley

However,  Wizards earn a lot of exp if enemies die from Bowmen/Artillery/Melee units while under Snow Blizzard and Crimson Bands, so wizard only needs level 2 + Book of Ashur, and then he easily earns level 3-4 w/o killing a single goblin :p
382  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Dark Omen 2 released (beta) on: February 27, 2012, 11:20:20 AM

And don't expect too much from the modded campaigns. They "only" alter the units.

Yes indeed. But it's more enough to keep oneself attracted for a little more. Anyway, I skip all those portrait dialogues because I know what they say there. But it's fun creating not only new units but creating new unit types and shifting the army balance, making missions harder etc.

383  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Dark Omen 2 released (beta) on: February 27, 2012, 11:16:29 AM
Hi, the unit names displayed for the enemies are always the ones defined in EngRel.exe. Their is a field for the unit name in the army file but this is ignored for the enemy unit names (so you can only rename your own units).
Yes the modified files always overwrite original data because all filenames are hardcoded in EngRel.

Yes so my question was about this: I downloaded DOE2, but it didn't contain updated EngRel.exe with the new names instead of old ones. Thus, when I started new  compaign, I had all new units on the battle fields but they had original Dark Omen Names. Dwarf musketeers or whatever are cool but I hated them being called 'Grudgebringer Crossbows' Smiley

Is there a EngRel.exe with the updated names for DOE2?
384  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Dark Omen 2 released (beta) on: February 24, 2012, 09:03:48 AM

However, regarding your issue,  I will have to reinstall DOE2 again and check it out,

Smiley

Played a bit with a Hex Editor. I found it was only possible to change unit names on the battle fields in the EngRel.exe so I probably have out of date installation package, not suitable for this DOE2 campaign...though I downloaded it for my Win7x64 from this very site.

Anyway, I am now trying to understand how to download and place Sprites created by the fans on this forum to create my own campaigns Smiley but it looks as if these sprites overwrite default unit sprites and make the default campaign look ugly.

Also, I know it's an off topic but the forum seems kinda deserted anyway. Are there still any multiplayer tournaments or games going on? I will probably make a complete Newbie in Multiplayr but It would be fun for me ty try my skill.
385  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Dark Omen 2 released (beta) on: February 20, 2012, 09:56:59 AM
Hi guys, I played Dark Omen when I was a teen 14 years ago, now nostalgia took me and I found a version for XP and also found this DOE2 thing which interested me a lot.

I copied the files into /gamedata and /graphics, new units with their abilities and sprites do appear (first mission), but the annoying thing is all names are taken from the classic games like I have in my army:

-GB Cavalry
-GB Infantry  even though it's clear those are some dwarves with pistols, but no Schepke guys.
-GB Crossbowmen  though those are kind of shortbowmen like Goblin Archers were of old.
-GB Cannon - though it may as well be so except for 2 cannoniers instead of 3.

On second mission I got a Cavalry Unit which is called 'Carlson Cavalry' though it looks different.

Could you help me to make the game display all the new names instead of old ones? Thank you.

Probably it's impossible. But it's really annoying to see all those 'Night Goblin Archers' on the battlefield even though there are some Evil-Heads and Spiders firing MY SWORD Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]