April 19, 2024, 10:49:30 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
361  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 11, 2012, 06:18:44 PM
Wish I put Orc Lobber there instead Smiley
I occupied the left-bottom corner of the map, beyond the catapult reach.
362  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 11, 2012, 01:55:03 PM
Could you send me your latest savegame? I will try it myself and see what I can do.
Also, could you describe when it breaks? or does it happen at random actions/timestamps?
363  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 10, 2012, 04:43:08 PM
Hm, it's something strange.

I mean, I passed the whole company with only a few times when it crashed, and never crashed repeatedly.

There is only one unit that I added After I played it - Militia. I am wondering if this unit causes any bugs. Could you use Army Editor to substitute it with an ordinary unit of dwarven warriors, amount of 14? I had them there before.
364  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: problems with forum on: March 09, 2012, 07:23:56 PM
Still, the problem seems to be with my provider. Will try to solve it..
365  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: problems with forum on: March 09, 2012, 07:18:26 PM
Can it be that my home IP (or IP-range) is somehow banned on the forum machine?

I have a weird and any inconvenient thing: I easily visit the forum and download its contents from my work machine but I am never able to visit dark-omen.org when I am at home.

It's not a temporary failure of my home internet provider because it has been so for weeks. Neither I have problems with visiting any other site from whatever country in the world.

At the moment I have 93-80-42-155.broadband.corbina.ru, the last I think 12 bits are floating cause of DHCP.
366  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 07, 2012, 11:45:16 AM
Downloaded BTB Editor using Ghabry's link.
It says 'Blablabla is not a valid Win32 application'
I will try to run it on my Win64 at home this evening, but I actually only have time to look into it at work where I have 32bit XP.
Any ideas what can I reinstall/reassemble to make it work?

Another question is I read through a few Wiki notes on the matter. Yeah it's hard to raise the stuff from scratch, especially if you report several ppl tried that fail-success attempt method and it wasn't of much use.

10 mins talk to a Dark Omen developer would solve a lot if you are prepared to ask 'clever questions' Smiley. I don't think it's a commercial project anymore so why wouldn't one of them give you a few insctructions? provided that they are still available in touch Cheesy
367  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Magic spells description and usefulness on: March 07, 2012, 06:48:54 AM
Resuming spells experience topic,
Hawks of Miska give the Ice Mage exp as well. Mine earned a little exp in a mission where he didn't kill a single enemy.

But the amount of exp was miserable, like 20 or something. Probably this works only when enemy under the Hawks is retreating and you are trampling it with your regiments. I will try to pay more attention to it next time I play an ice mage.
368  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:30 PM
I have a question that is probably hard to answer but none the less...maybe someone already encountered a similar problem.
Will try to describe it in brief:

As I was passing my own campaign, the game crashed like 5 times overall in the midst of fights. Crashes were not repeated and I placed them as some incompatibility issue with my Win-7 64.

Now I found that Rise of the Dead mod. A great piece of work indeed, specially as there are not many players who advanced as far as changing enemy starting points and AI.

1 that thing seemed a bit boring to me was that there are units of the same name like 2*Imp Swords, 3*Archers etc so I decided to update  that army list with a few unique units from my own campaign.

After I did so, the game started crashing in the midst of 1st mission, repeatedly, but I didn't see 1 reason why it would do so. First it seemed to me that it crashed as I attacked Goblin Shaman, but not this wasn't the case.

Now I left all the DO files untouched but only reloaded original RotD Plyr_All.arm. Some of the sprites became messy but it is not important. What is important is that I managed to pass the whole first mission w/o crashes. (I boosted my units in strength so that I didn't fail due to mission difficulty).

So why did it crash with My units but didn't with original RotD ones? As I said above, my units weren't seem to be buggy as I used them throughout my own campaign without much troubles.
Maybe one of my units is buggy only in some specific conditions that are met in First Mission of RotD, dunno...

369  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:06 AM
Please try this one

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65675337/Elf%20Campaign.zip

I thought the old one was a direct link.
370  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 05, 2012, 06:56:44 PM
I see.
Thank you very much for a detailed responce.
Today I heard for the first time about CTL and BTB so time is required to get acquainted with that all..
It shouldn't be very hard to understand the logic of BTB and xml files, about CTL - not sure yet, it's been a while since I looked at a Python code...Main problem is to find free time and enough inspiration. Smiley
371  Modifications / Campaigns / Elf Campaign (one more, if there have been such :P ) on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:55 PM
Hi,
http://narod.ru/disk/42812913001.853644da063b561d6facd21c56127b54/Elf%20Campaign.zip.html

What was changed:
- Main enemy is still the Undead, and the enemy armies remained the same to the most part, though almost every mission has it's small piece of salt: 1-3 new units, or increased unit amounts, or increased unit levels.
- I used DOE2 sprites, and heads patch.
- Friendly unit types got changed and shuffled, a few new sprites were added. So actually on the most of the missions I had to use other troop types and thus other tactics than in original campaign.

What wasn't changed (Yet):

I haven't investigated yet how to work with enemy units deployment order, and AI behaviour, if there is a way to do it.
Later on I will work on it as well.

How to install:
1. Use Heads patch and doe2, but!! don't overwrite original game files. Actually all I used from Doe is several unit standards. All the sprites that were taken are present in my campaign .zip file.
2. Copy and overwrite files from my campaign, including EngRel.exe
The latter was necessary to change both my and enemy unit names on the battle field (when I press spacebar).

Difficulty:
IMHO the difficulty is higher than in the Original Campaign, but not drastically higher. I passed all the missions using 1-2 attempts, though I collected all possible artifacts. W/o that it would have been harder.

In Bretonia better to turn down Galed's request for help.

372  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Enemy units in Campaign on: March 05, 2012, 12:17:21 PM
Looking through the forum, I found a few places where ppl discuss computer AI on the battle field.

I like that someone managed to change enemy starting points. I will play with it when I have more time for Dark Omen the next month.
Is it possible to add units to the list of enemies and then place them and give them AI instructions?

Thus far I only figured out, if I add a unit, and I set it the number of one of the existing enemy units on that missions, both default and "my" unit appear at a place and further on both attack me. I wonder if there are bugs about it...
373  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Enemy units in Campaign on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:54 PM
Hi,

I played around with enemy units in pbat1 and figured out a few things:

1. If I change an infantry unit with archers, archers won't shoot but will only charge my units in melee.
2. If I change enemy artillery with archers, they won't shoot at all but will only sit at one place till I come and take them.
3. Some of the things don't work like: Substituting necromancer to bright wizard will halt the game once he's about to cast a spell.
A few others.

Is it all avoidable?
And are there other ways to vary enemy behaviour except for substituting units with the units of the same type but other nature? I don't mention altering unit quantity.
374  Modifications / Troops / Re: Trolls and Magic Protection on: March 02, 2012, 03:41:56 PM
I presume you mean treeman armour.  Its likely to be 2x damage from fire.

.--. .-.. . .- ... . / -.. --- -. - / ..- ... . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

Not Much Cheesy
Though there is 'flammable' flag which could mean the same.
375  Modifications / Troops / Re: Trolls and Magic Protection on: March 02, 2012, 07:27:19 AM
Instead of a hex editor you can also use an army editor like Wh32Edit.

I just made a test and... you are right. The regeneration flag actually gives immunity against magic. So this flag is actually labeled wrong, excellent find. Now I wonder if "regeneration" also regenerates the unit or if the regeneration is caused by the troll armor.
The immunity against magic is not for 100% btw, sometimes a magic attack can still hit the unit. For complete invulnerability against magic you have to set the "Impervious to Magic"-Flag.

I seem to rerember the "regeneration" in the thrid edition worked by basically rolling a dice and 1-3 miss and 4-6 hit there's no adding of wounds.  It basically is a form of armour.

Thank you for quick replies.

1. Yes I downloaded this tool and it looks handy. I've been using it for a couple of days, just habitually wrote 'Hex Editor'.
The only thing that wasn't handy is it's database wasn't compatible with Heads Patch: the values in the patch were hex while the editor required decimal ones.
And a built-in Sprite Viewer would have been cool Smiley especially the one that would display the whole unit.

2. OK so I will use that flag called 'regeneration' for 3/6 protection vs magic. Immune to magic seems a bit too strong and thus uninteresting. And Troll Armor gives regeneration of wounds then? Perfect to know.

On a side note, I wonder what Treant Armor gives.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26