May 18, 2024, 09:27:35 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
226  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: New Balance revamped on: January 11, 2010, 10:58:49 PM
Dark Omen vs Jeronimo NewBalanceDQ | by Aeva

ok one movie for now to get you all interested (lets hope)  ;] enjoy
227  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:44 PM
and if you want to find informations about New Balance its here :
http://forum.dark-omen.org/rules-and-standards/new-balance-revamped-t658.0.html;msg6274;topicseen#msg6274
228  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / New Balance revamped on: January 11, 2010, 03:16:18 PM

Ok so after tests that i've made playing against Jeronimo, mod now looks pretty balanced. I've resigned from point system for items and now its all about how much gold you have. There is only one rule when building your army (up to 3 same units). What i wanted to achive in this mod, is that every and each unit in DO should have his own place on the battlefield. That the game should be about using proper counters at right time, executing your tactics, destroying plans of your enemy.

What is new in this mod, compared to default game ?

1. Basic infantries in various sizes : you got small normal and large unit sizes
2. Small cavaleries : each race got a 3/3 cav type, very usefull in scouting, pursuing enemy, chasing mages, attacking unprotected artilleries
3. Black Orcs (4 4 3 4 4 1 3 1 8 armor 2/3) for greenskins : unbreakable unit that balances horn and bgk, of course very usefull units in killing rate similiar to flagellants,
4. Bone Giant (6 3 0 6 5 6 1 4 8 armor 4/4) : he will never rout and will pour terror into hearts of his foes, althou hes killing rate isnt great ;]
5. Mobile Artillery : all artillery pieces will have movement 1, thaks to this we will be able to play on large maps, whitout worrying who should rush if both players got artilleries
6. Every regiment have been adjusted (gold price or regiment size) to balance race against two other races
7. Added missing abilities of regiments : causing fear to ogres, immunity to fear to zombies etc
8. Changed item prices

Soon ill upload some videos from games with Jeronimo

Hope you all will enjoy it as much as i am, and if you want to test it with others, join DarkOmenNewBalance//darkomen you will find link to current version in the welcome message

Also list of unit sizes/prices you can find in attached file here, its an xls file so open it with MS Excel

Cheers
229  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Ideas for Tournament on: January 09, 2010, 04:44:58 PM
the problem with videos can be solved by giving Tournaments a childboard just like armybuilts
Tournaments, Tournament videos

it will keep everything clear

As for MT/ET yeah i think its good idea, thou i wouldnt divide it into 5k/9k and 3k/7k, ill rather have 3/5k and 7/9k or moded formats with gc to vote in MT, and unmoded formats with gc to vote in ET

edit: oh yeah, and reason for why MT would be cool, is that it would produce more games ;] dont know if its just me but most people just sit on hamachi online and they seem not that interested in playing DO Tongue

and second thing, i think we should do something (i dont know what ;]) to get new players in those tourneys. As of lately there are many new nicks on hamachi, so maybe somehow ;] one thing that stops them i think is that they think they would suck so they are afraid to join, so lets talk to them guys ;]

230  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: January 07, 2010, 02:04:16 PM
Count me in. Want to try New Balance Mod. I hope wkurwiony finished his work with black orcs Smiley

oh yeah another vote ;] btw cirroz on what channel you are sitting on ? cant find you on hamachi

as for black orcs well they are complete and kick ass ;] they got almost same stats like bigguns only with leadership 8, based on 4th edition book, and are unbreakable ;]
231  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: January 04, 2010, 02:40:36 AM
Fair Omen is not available this month because it has been played in December.

Unexpected surprise. Since when?

Happy new year Gabriel.

pretty sure its like for quite some time, in december you couldnt pick 3k/10
oh and im in and i vote for that mod of mine if its possible Tongue c'mon whose with me ? hehe

btw Ghabry colors of nicks didnt changed since november i think Tongue bembe was changing them ?
232  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:19 PM
Possible Rulesets: 3k/10, 5k/15, 9k/30, Dost5, Factions, (have I missed one?)

yeah you missed one, new balance 7k ^^
233  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / Re: December Tournament 2009 (Fair Omen 7k) - Undead Armies on: December 21, 2009, 12:39:38 AM
Black Grail
Wraiths
Ghoul
Ghoul
Ghoul
Ghoul
Ghoul
Ghoul
Zombies
Zombies

Confirm, UD using wizzards is waste of money imo
234  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Re: December Tournament 2009 (Fair Omen 7k) - Empire Armies on: December 21, 2009, 12:34:58 AM
Imperial Cannon
Imperial Cannon
Imperial Cannon
Grudgebringer Crossbowmen
Grudgebringer Crossbowmen
Wood Elf Archers
Bright Wizard
Imperial Greatswords
Imperial Greatswords
Imperial Greatswords

Lost first battle with it against Ghabry in groups, and won final battle.
235  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 20, 2009, 12:09:58 AM
Thanks all for good games ;] 6 battles with ghabry and 6 hours of fighting/waiting is enough for one day hehe
236  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 18, 2009, 08:16:37 PM
there wont be an egg shuffle this time, im sorry

Sad
237  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 18, 2009, 01:54:28 PM
confirm

7k, with 9k i have too many disconnects from what i've noticed otherwise i would pick 9k more the better ey ? ;]
238  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 17, 2009, 09:27:47 PM
do a live stream! cant get more fair than that Wink

or someone got to force hari8 to vote, as he have deciding vote
239  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 17, 2009, 08:46:08 PM
flak just do official flip of the coin video Wink
240  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament December on: December 14, 2009, 04:25:55 PM
well i dont like DOSTV5, but if it win ill try it because i just like Dark Omen. but maybe thats just me

and yeah im cool with your opinion i was just asking for reasons that made you not like it, size of regiments ? modified gold cost ? etc just curious

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19