May 01, 2024, 06:36:47 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
46  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / avg vs forcebindip on: September 21, 2009, 12:31:56 PM
the last few weeks my avg is triggering whenever i open the map ythat contains my forcebindip quicklaunch.

i have had similar problems with in the past(few years ago with punkbuster and other anticheat systems)where avg triggers a false trojan horse warning.

it says:

THREAT DETECTED!

File name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ForceBindIP.exe

Threat name: Trojan horse generic14.AXCZ
Detected on open

Process name: C\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Process ID: 1004

so....anyone else have this problem and anyone know how to fix this?(i have gone to advanced options and told avg to ignore forcebindip but to no avail Sad
47  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Dark Omen Soundtrack and PSX-PC differences on: September 19, 2009, 01:15:40 PM
weird,i always had the feeling that my units performed better on the ps...then again i have often played easy and normal on ps version.
48  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Dark Omen Soundtrack and PSX-PC differences on: September 19, 2009, 08:04:26 AM
so,are the dwarfs,ogres,grail knights better in pc or on ps?

my gues is that they are stronger on ps(just seems like some units performed better on ps game then they do on pc game)
49  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Mini Tournament on: September 18, 2009, 10:19:24 PM
i also heard they dont have cause fear wich is extremelt weird since their unit description says they cause fear or terror.

i actualy think should there have been an official update they would have given zombies immune to fear and made ogres cause fear or terror(since their descriptions seem to claim they should have these attributes)i gues it must be a mestakes by the programmers.
50  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Dark Omen Soundtrack and PSX-PC differences on: September 18, 2009, 10:18:33 PM
i always used to play on ps and never fought against the ogres.
51  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Mini Tournament on: September 16, 2009, 04:57:30 AM
zombies are immune to fear? 

i can slmost swear ive send loads of zombies running(and with that dying)with the hawk spell :s

i have also found icemage his dmg spells to be very powerfull against undead(black grail and undead horseman)
52  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: September 16, 2009, 04:49:42 AM
i often wondered the same,cause they seem to be 50% mouth...

it leaves little place for the organs.
53  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: September 14, 2009, 11:39:10 PM
omg yes now that u say that,i have seen it lol in opening video of warhammer online the squig herder gets inside his big squig.

was confused with the idea of them using the squigs as mounts(riding ontop of em)

i think squigs would be extremely dificult yet funny to ride(ontop of the squig)would probably look something like ostrich riding

edit:lol olly nice pic and does indeed look somewhat like ostrich riding
54  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: September 14, 2009, 09:56:10 PM
i think night goblins herd squigs like giant rats get herd by skaven and they ride spiders and wolves

edit: i just followed the wiki link for squigs and read:Cave Squigs usually grow from 1 - 3 foot tall and are often used by Night Goblins as mounts, beasts of war, or as a source of food

i have never seen a goblin ride a squig but it does sound cool :p
55  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: A Few Questions on: September 13, 2009, 10:39:17 PM
@WarhammerFiend

not sure where but somewhere on this forum u can find an undead campaign(since u mentioned u wanted to play singleplayer with a vampire count)
56  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Battle Communication Code on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:41 PM
same problem here,i also use azerty and since dark omen only recognizes qwerty keyboards its hard to type most symbols(symbols are at different places on out keyboards then on urs)
57  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer BattleMarch on: September 08, 2009, 08:22:54 AM
i like mark of chaos(and expansion battle march)

1)the friendly fire is indeed badly done
2)the bad moral system tho different from dark omen isnt as bad as u claim and many things cause terror  and fear and they def have effect
3)the heroes are often so overpowered that the game becomes more hero based then army based, i dont like this for a warhammer startegy game and this is one of the main reasons i like dark omen better
4)graphics are pretty sweet but because of this the game doesnt always run as smootha s it should and loading times are just crazy
5)mages are stong if used correctly

dark omen gameplay is just more fun,and alot of people here were expecting a game that had more of the dark omen mechanics in it,because of this they just liek me were dissapointed when they played mark of chaos.
58  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Discussion "How to act in multiplayer" on: August 26, 2009, 02:28:28 PM
wouldnt using things like ?? !! $$   just cause way more confusion then it would solve?

typing things like rdy,gg and lol are globaly accepted everyone knows em and they work(they are alrdy made short to be able to type easely ingame)chaning em would sort of be like...americans changing their language because they want to be different and feel it would be better for people speak american(new language they would make)instead of english since they they dont live in england and want to reinforce an american feeling of community....hope im still making sense Smiley

by the way the best manner of making communications ingame easier is by putting up a voice chat server(ventrilo,teamspeak,...)
59  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Download Dark Omen on: August 20, 2009, 01:27:53 AM
i think it is great that people are trying to find ways to get a copy of dark omen for download here since many people have lost or broken their cd's over the years.

a few things confuse me tho...

first of all i had heard about copyright lasting 70years in music i think,but never anywhere else and it just doesnt make sence to me,i checked and their copyright goes to 2009 if after that their copyright expires and they dont repay to extend it then how can they have 70years of copyright...this doesnt seem how copyright works,after ur copyright expires u have lost copyright...seems logic to me :s

the next part is:i was under the impression that there was supposed to be a multiplayer update for this game by the developers but they went broke or out of buisnes so they never made it,how can a non existing company(if it went broke)have copyright to something or sew someone?

having said this the last proposal of asking EA(i assume must be copyrightholders?)for permission could never hurt.
and is probably the best idea so far as it leaves bembelimens mind at ease.i think if asked nicely we would probably get permission,what should they care.

ps:can someone explain more about these 70 years of copyright claim? because this just doesnt make sence to me if u have copyright for 10 years and u dont extend ur copyright after it ur product can no longer be protected by copyright,this just common sense.copyright cant continue after ur copyright claim expired,if it can why would anyone ever extend his copyright.do we not have a lawyer in this community who can tell more about this? because after 2009 do copyright expires and it should become freeware/abandonware.
if not there are some laws that realy need changing
60  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Urza enters the realm. on: August 11, 2009, 04:48:07 PM
welcome urza
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8