April 16, 2024, 10:07:36 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
16  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: RTT Alternatives to Dark Omen on: January 05, 2010, 03:06:47 AM
ah sorry mika,i got confused :p
17  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer BattleMarch on: December 23, 2009, 06:46:54 PM
1. Mark of Chaos is too easy and boring.
2. Heroes in MOC are too overpowered
3. Plot sucks
4. Armies are ugly and common in DO each of the regiments were unique
5. There was no greater satisfaction to me ,when I hit and kill Necromancer with cannonball:)
6. Tactics in MOC don't exist

1.correct
2.this is the reason why i stopped playing moc online,cause half of an army's strength often came from heros
3.the plot certainly isnt worse then any other startegy game i played,that to me seems like nitpicking :s
4.maybe u need a new pc because armys look amazing,its one of the few things moc realy shines in:graphics
and as for the uniqueness of armies,moc has a way larger variaty in stats between different regiments then dark omen,this is one of the few things where i find dark omen lacking.
5.yea when u in moc hit a hero right on with a cannon/mortar he barely feels it :s
6.then u must never have played multiplayer because moc has 10times more tactics u could perform then dark omen,sadly these tactics are often hero based and stray way to far from actual tabletop.if u play moc without thinking about ur tactics ull get through the single player but ull be laughed at and get ur ass handed to u realy fast when u go online.
18  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: RTT Alternatives to Dark Omen on: December 19, 2009, 05:12:09 PM
can mikademus wave his magic wand again and put a link to his thread at the point where he merged them?
19  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Time to take a break on: December 14, 2009, 04:32:42 PM
Sad bye for now hope u will be back someday Smiley
20  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: New Balance 7k on: December 13, 2009, 05:59:21 PM
wow,50years,i knew music was that long but i thought software was different,as there are often games u can legaly download just because they are like 10years old.

the idea that it takes so long before anyone can fully legaly do stuff with this awesome but abandoned game is truly saddening.
21  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Non-RTT Alternatives to Dark Omen on: December 08, 2009, 03:06:29 AM
well,im a big noob in this game,i used to play it at a friends house,and loved the game but i could not get it to work on my dads pc,but then when i was bored i remembered this awsome dnd based game so now im giving it a try for myself.

i also tried to instal the expansion but it wont work :s

as for bg 2,i heard it was a big step down from bg 1.and when i played a demo of it bg 1 seemed way better(ofcourse a small demo isnt rly conclusive)

i have never played this game online and since my friend always used to help me when i played it at his house im not to 100% formiliar with all the game mechanics but im picking up fast and would love to learn from u guys Smiley
22  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Non-RTT Alternatives to Dark Omen on: December 07, 2009, 09:17:56 PM
3days ago i reinstalled one of the best games ever made:baldurs gate.

so i was wondering if any of u play this game online?
23  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: New Balance 7k on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:38 PM
hahahaha,srr about the drunken rant of me in above post :p

24  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: New Balance 7k on: December 01, 2009, 03:11:47 AM
as i read this,and got irritated by the copyright stuff again,i thought in 1 month things will end cause their copyright ends in 2009,but i forgot where i found this info(that their copyright ends in 2009)since i havent had a copy of the game for many years i cant get it from the back of the game,and i tried to look at pictures of the gamecover but when u zoom in its to blurry to read the fine print.i am sure someone out there has a copy of the game and cans et me straight as to what the game says about its copyright(what year does it end?)

but looking for the copyright info i came across a review of dark omen and was shocked at the reviewers complete incompetence to comprehend the game(link:http://www.answers.com/topic/warhammer-dark-omen-game-1)i had not read this before but this review is probably a 10 years old...since its a dark omen review.

but when this person writes things like:

The enemies are only seen in regiment format, so you never get a feel for them or what they look like. The repetitive scenery on the battlefield and the all-too-easy battles will make even the most hardcore RPG/strategy player cringe. In the end, Warhammer: Dark Omen is a failed attempt at bringing an engrossing RPG into the video game world.(i gues this person doesnt understand warhammer as all warhammer is in regiments,and since he complains alot about the graphics and that warhammer fans would be dissapointed about this game,i bet he would love mark of chaos.most warhammer fans i know accept dark omen as an amazing transformation from tabletop to videogame)

Once the battle is over, you end up in camp mode or in front of a prince. Either way, you will be "treated" to more pop-up windows with talking heads that, in most cases, just go off on a rant. The information they give can range from completely useless to somewhat interesting. Then it's time to debrief your men and buy more soldiers or better armaments before heading off for the next mission.(well excuse the game for trying to have a story,this can be said of every single game ever made.the story is indeed useless info if u dont want to know the story just skip it)

The game is fun for the first three missions, but gets old fast. There isn't any real strategy here, so you won't be thinking much while playing.(if he plays on anything else then easy and he played to Helmgard and he did not do much thinking while playing i bet he lost all his regiments by the time he got through the great forest,there is no way ud get to the end and be able to defeat the dread king without putting alot of thought in it)

It's not very clear as to what the ultimate goal of the game is. The explanation of how to use the interface and how to move your troops is confusing.(wow someone who doesnt understand the meaning of the game dark omen :s and he even compliments the into clip that basicly alrdy explains the meaning,save the old world from the undead.and this interface is so easy i played this game when i was 12years old,if its to hard for this guy....retard)

The voice acting doesn't match the character's movements. The music is simply annoying. (the voices r awsome and the music is repetative tho enjoyable)

Once you're done, if you can actually continue after about an hour, you're done. (im not 100%sure on what he means here,i gues if u play playstation and dont press the start button after ur done ur mission will last forever...yea some retards cant even press start and are therefor stuck what a terrible game...or what aterrible player)

this person may want to get a job wearing a fluo jacket and help kids cross the road...cause he sure shouldnt be making a career in videogame industry.

srr for offtopic :p this review just irritated me and i wanted to vent after i had read it.and please do read this review and marvell at what a dumbass the writer must be when he cant seem to figure out a game that my 6year old handicapt cousin could easely play....complaining about not being able to figure out how to aim arhcers,im surprised this guy can clothe himself.
25  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: New balancing proposal for items on: December 01, 2009, 02:27:47 AM
it is a good point that swords cost as much as a regiment,and they are just not worth that(with skrabash as exception ofcourse)
26  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Boost units strength (?) on: November 27, 2009, 04:08:38 AM
keyboard s doesnt work for me either,i have tried it several times,prob cause of my azerty keyboard wich the game doesnt recognize.i have to tab the button on the interface with my mouse :p
27  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Music on: November 22, 2009, 04:43:26 PM
i am not planning on going to graspop
28  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Alternatives to Dark Omen on: November 16, 2009, 06:55:23 PM
Shocked a paid game realy?

i love this game and its long from release but i will not be paying every month for it

update:

i just read a question and answer from heroes of newerth and the answer to will it be pay to play is:

HoN will not have any recurring charges or subscriptions. It’ll be a one-time fee to pay for your account, and beyond that it’s free to play.

u got me worried there for a second :p
29  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Alternatives to Dark Omen on: November 16, 2009, 12:23:25 PM
cool me and avalet aswelli use the name tovertrut on there and avalet uses soldat12

so add us to ur friends list Smiley
30  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Alternatives to Dark Omen on: November 16, 2009, 06:58:23 AM
hehe bem,cool santa :p

i bet hell bring death to all children across the chaos wastes

ill keep an eye on those 2 games,btw...are they free?

if any of u liked playing dota(on warcraft 3)i should totaly try to get in the heroes of newerth beta,its a remake and its so much better.
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8