April 20, 2024, 06:17:50 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
106  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: WHich rules will we issue for mages/cavalry with banner/pistoleters/elves?: poll on: May 09, 2009, 11:33:04 PM
Bright mage: 5 points  theres no way a bright wizard is worth 5points,i realize screaming skull is very powerful but theres no guarantee ull get it.and a bright wizard is shot down very fast.bright wizardis worth as much as an ice mage in my opinion.

Ice mage: 3 points i could agree to ice mage and bright wizard to 3 points but dont rly see a need for it

Vampire: 6 points: i would agree to make vampire to 5 or 6 points because he is just so superfast.

necromancer: 5 points: undead need at least 1 cheap caster and necromancer is not so powerful that he needs to be 5 points...2points is oke unless ice mage/bright wizard get increased to 3 then id say also increase necromancer to 3
107  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: May 09, 2009, 11:23:16 PM
vampire is crazy fast and can take a good amount of ranged punishment.i would like to see him increased in points.
necromancer is a strong caster but isnt so crazy fast and is fine on 2points in my opinion.

the heart of woe is a fairly powerfull item if put on an unbreakable unit i thought
i think its explosion is worth at least 1 point...then again i havent used this item often so others will know better.
108  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FACTIONS on: May 07, 2009, 07:05:32 PM
im not to big of a fan of goblin factions...they win vs empire and orcs easely because of their horn and r underpowered against some undead amrys and flaglants...

the horn rly takes alot of the fun out of fighting against em(at least for me it does)
i find that with the horn they are overpowered although i also see how without the horn they would be underpowered...
109  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Discussion "How to act in multiplayer" on: May 04, 2009, 02:19:39 PM
i dont rly like the rule about the person who doesnt have artillery is forced to attack,although i my enemy has artillery and i dont i usualy do attack after a minute or 2 because i dont want to stretch the game and know hes not gone come out to far.

and i especialy dont agree with the part where if both have artillery the one with cheapest must attack,if i bring artillery even if its just a bolt thrower or cannon i will not be eager to abbandon it...specialy if i know enemy has a mortar.
110  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Wizzards have to make Suicide? on: May 03, 2009, 04:32:53 PM
i think the 3rounds before getting forced into melee is great idea(or it seems a good thing to me)cause just having to suicide is rather dull and getting killed over 10minutes by a mage that teleports away every time u corner him is just as lame.i dont agree on making bright wizard cost more then other mages...his burning skull skill is very powerfull but bright wizard is easely killed and u need luck to get the right skills,if u get a fireball and tp skill ur screwed :p
and ive seen the ice mage be at least as destructive with ice shards and wind of cold.and to some undead that fall apart when fleeing he is a complete killer with his hawks of miska skill.

and im not sure on how the rules r atm but i would think if this gets taken into rules that in those 3 rounds the mage also is not alowed to teleport or charge to flee(charge to flee also not allowed for pistoliers then)? or can he teleport/fleecharge for 3rounds before bein forced into melee?
111  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: May 03, 2009, 01:28:23 PM
5 would be very costly but elf archers are probebly the strongest unit in the empire army.
i wouldnt mind trying them at 5points
112  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Wizzards have to make Suicide? on: May 02, 2009, 06:12:46 PM
i was very surprised when i read this rule,i find the not charging to run away and the no teleporting a very good rule.ive had several regiments killed by 1 mage left who just teleported when i got him cornered,this wasnt even close to fun.charging seemed good for pistoliers so they cant do such fast hit and runs.

i see how when 1 person has 5pistoliers left and another 15swordsmen the person with the pistoliers would win,but because it isnt for the person with swordsmen the pistoliers must throw the battle and go into melee(wich they will ofcourse lose)this doesnt seem fun towards the pistolier user...bein forced to throw the game...(yes the game is about fun not about winning,but forcefully throwing a game is not my idea of fun :p)

for mages i was also very surprised to read this,because well they r weak in melee but strong ranged...then i got explained and expierenced for myself the crazy speed of the vampire...this does seem a problem...but i find it sad that because the vampire is so fast and fairly strong in melee that my empire wizard gets forced into melee aswel.

since i read these rules i talked to a few people who where very supportive of this rule and also some who werent to happy about it.
the rounds until getting forced into melee seemed more fair to me...maybe others who have done multiplayer longer have more arguments to why or why not...
113  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 24, 2009, 01:42:23 AM
i i used to play dark omen all the time on my playstation,it was one of my favorite games,then i lost the cd Cry

i tried several times to dl it for pc but it would never work properly until i found this awsome site 2days ago,and it helped me with getting it to work  Cheesy  ty so much!!!

i play mark of chaos...but it always dissapoints me cause the gameplay is to far from dark omen or the tabletop and the game is very item/hero based.

i came across this site when looking for news about dark omen 2(so excited to hear about that!!!!)

either way,i instaled dark omen and it works,i instaled hamachi and will instal mirc.

i would love to join this campaign,but i will be needing some help :s

it has been long sicne i played dark omen and ive never done the multiplayer,also do i not realy know how to work hamachi(i tried to join dark omen channel but it was full,so i ended up in dark omen channel 4)i also would need some help with mirc Sad 

if someone thinks hes up for helping a noobie out pls add me
my xfire=burnhart
my msn=burnhart_101@hotmail.com

when im online u can also find me on ventrilo under the name tovertrut
vent info: ip=voice51.guildlaunch.net     port= 4308        no pass

im very happy to see that dark omen still has an active fanbase,i almost thought i was the only person who still loved to play this game :p

i look forward to facing u all on the battlefield
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]