April 18, 2024, 08:17:00 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
31  Modifications / Troops / Re: SHIELDS evolution on: November 16, 2009, 06:50:02 AM
@ olly

u say:ps. I don't think Cavarly do suffer more damage against Pole-Arm, as Paper, Scissors, Stone Gameplay, is the alternative method to Warhammer Dark Omen and is more for games like Total War Series- Pike V Cavarly. However SOTHR does have Mounted Lance Bonus that could be a possible Unknown in Dark Omen- lets hope, as doubtfull".

u say this is more for games like total war,but the new warhammer tabletop rules do have this system.and i think it is an amazing improvement.its one thing i quickly noticed when comming from mark of chaosd back to dark omen,how uch i missed a giantslayer unit.
32  Modifications / Troops / Re: SHIELDS evolution on: November 15, 2009, 12:47:48 AM
wow....
when u say:
Cavalries start with "2 Mounted Shields". Is it a stronger shield than "Ground Type"? Not really.
In fact cavalries shields are worse because the "Mounted type" means they receive extra-damage from Polearm.
So its balanced: +1 shield than Ground Troops but with the disadvantage against pikes.

i had discussions about this before,and complained how in mark of chaos units with spears or halbreds(and other pole arm weapons)are classed giantslayers wich makes them do extra dmg against large,huge and giant creatures and that this does not seem to be the case in dark omen.

nowhere in dark omen(not with unit info,op in the game manual it says anything about this,the stats also mention nothing about doin extra dmg against a larger enemy)

i also have not seen alot of difference when i send my halbrediers against cav units.

i know dark omen is a badly explained game(as there are many rules active in the game that are not explained in the unit description or the game manual)so....where have u found info that in dark omen polearms do extra dmg against large units?i know dark omen should follow tabletoprules ut this and a few other rules i just havent seen any evidence of them bein at work
33  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Girls like it big on: November 15, 2009, 12:33:31 AM
the zombies looked funny compared to the very big guy :p

im sure stats can be balanced so its not op.
34  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What are you're favorite units in the campaing? on: October 26, 2009, 08:05:15 PM
indeed malus i was only thinking about swordsmen,greatswords and halbrediers,but flags are way stronger(as long as they dont get shot at)
35  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What are you're favorite units in the campaing? on: October 26, 2009, 04:26:45 PM
Shocked i think its just u,cause the imperial greatswords are the strongest human infantry,and the dwarves tho way to slow to succesfully charge an enemy regment of archers they are way stronger then any of the other empire infantry available and if u go on the defence they are one the most valuable regiments around
36  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What are you're favorite units in the campaing? on: October 24, 2009, 09:49:32 PM
loved:

flags
ogres
elven archers
pistoliers
bright wizard
mortar
grudgebringer cav
xbows
dwarves

hated

helmgart bowmen
elven spearmen(u get them for a map far into the campaign but they r lvl1 so they are completely useless compared to ur other regiments or the enemy)
steamtank(great unit but so slow it annoys the s out of me)
outlaw infantry(same as spearmen,they are lvl 1 and therefor look weak compared to ur other regiments)
37  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What means your NickName on: October 24, 2009, 04:06:30 PM
if lindar is ur real life name,and ur dutch,i have to ask what is ur country of origin?

cause lindar is a name i have never heard in dutch before.
38  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What are you're favorite units in the campaing? on: October 24, 2009, 04:04:50 PM
sipax if u want to level a certain unit make them charge the flank or back of an already engaged enemy unit,this will make for few deaths and many kills Smiley
39  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: October 21, 2009, 09:04:55 AM
malus under ur spoiler there are 3files,wich one do i download?
40  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Changing vampire status on: October 21, 2009, 09:00:15 AM
i like how warhammerfreak put that:

This way they will just be tough necro's, like orc wizards in comparison the goblin wizards.

for me the vampires movementspeed has been bothering since start,hes as fast as a cav regiment and since he can manouver better(1unit in regiment instead of alot)he is almost impossible to catch even if he doesnt have teleport.if he does have teleport a expierenced player can make him move freely through ur ranks with very low risk of getting caught,also facing off against each other a vampire will beat a regiment of archers easely(because of his toughness and movement speed mixed) so hes a very overpowered unit i find,to fast to be caught by a melee regiment and also to fast and tough to be shot down by a ranged regiment
41  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Pistoliers. About them. on: October 21, 2009, 08:54:03 AM
i think with the rules that are made to stop hit and runs when pistoliers are left as last regiment they are fairly well balanced.
42  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Hi all on: October 18, 2009, 04:32:47 AM
yes lordbraprus,this is one of the worst and weirdest things about mark of chaos,the requirments are crazy high,and even me whos pc far exceeds them(i can play most off the new games that came out last few years,such as aion,warhammer online,...)can barely run this game smoothly

nobody has ever been able to answer me why this is,but i know i hate it :p
43  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: New member on: October 18, 2009, 04:29:44 AM
welcome,and hope to meet u on the battlefield some day Smiley
44  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: D3drm.dll on: October 16, 2009, 08:07:24 AM
i dont know what crazy versions u guys download,but if someone chooses to download any game,make sure it is a .iso file and then use deamontools to mount it,every game i ever dled has worked perfect for me(unless theres compatablity issues)
45  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Artefacts on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:21 AM
in the campaign to get spelleater shield u go with the wood elves,then u turn down the treemans offer to help him and then end up on a map with a stonehenge like structure,u need to fire many(at least 10)fireballs at this structure and out pops the spelleater shield(u can get many magic items by firing at buildings)in the mission before u fight von carstein there is a sword hidden in the tower near the enemy wizard(fire at it with ur mortar)in the troll mission there is the staff of osiris i think hidden in a weird stone in the top left corner of the map,theres a stony arrow pointing at it.and in the goblin camp 1 of the statues will indeed give u an item(i think it may be horn)

im sure theres more hidden items but cant emediatly remember.

i suggest u follow lazydogs guide to look for items:http://sturmlord.tripod.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8