April 28, 2024, 09:30:19 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 149
1711  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: May 23, 2010, 12:07:53 AM
Glad to hear you're back on track and look forward to seeing you in the Channel and more developments to WARTBED

Smiley

1712  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament MAY on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:16 AM
Keep the Faith Brothers!

See you all on the Battlefield next Saturday.

Smiley

1713  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: hi there my new job for the future on: May 21, 2010, 11:53:00 PM
Nice work

Smiley

1714  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: New Balance MAY 22 tourney on: May 20, 2010, 02:35:13 PM
Cool, I have this installed and will be available to play most nights, except this Saturday - sorry

Smiley

1715  Modifications / Troops / Re: Init and Init modifiers on: May 20, 2010, 10:12:25 AM
Shadow Of The Horned Rat Manual - Charging

When a regiment engages an enemy regiment, calculations are made to determine which regiment is to gain the charge and which is to receive the charge. These calculations are based on the regiment's Movement and Initiative characteristics, with an element of chance included too.

The regiment with the highest Movement and Initiative is most likely to gain the charge and will get to strike their foe first as well as be awarded a Strength bonus for the duration of the initial combat round.

Dark Omen Manual - Charging

A charging regiment will ram the enemy's ranks with great force, using thier momentum to rain mighty blows upon them. Charging is strategically important because a charging regiment's momentum and power will give them the first strike in the ensuing melee and also award them additional strength during the melee.

Dark Omen Manual - Changing Ranks

To Change a regiment's ranks (formation) on the battlefield, select the regiment and then press the + and - keys on your keyboard to step through the available ranks. Note that only the front two ranks of bows and the first rank of crosbows can fire, and a "charge" command will be more effective if the ranks are deep.

More info ...
http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tools/necrominicon-t466.0.html
1716  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament MAY on: May 11, 2010, 05:20:15 PM
Count me in and I Vote for FO 9k to see how it has improved with its latest updates. I personally feel if using Armour etc.. then 9k is better suited.

I think DOE's Goblin Army Auto Deployed 20 Units, so one day I would like to take advantage of how the latest Map Patch allows upto 15 units to be Auto Deployed, rather than the traditional 10. Perhaps one day there will be a MOD that incorporates 19v19 and 63k!  

http://forum.dark-omen.org/troops/fighting-with-25-regiments-t463.0.html

Smiley
1717  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Banners on: May 10, 2010, 01:09:39 AM
A simple test of swapping the OBNGARCH.SPR Banner sprite with HBGRUXBW.SPR demonstrates HUD background Banners.

Simply replace the correct Background Banner Frame (of the HUD sprite) with a small DOT

More tests to follow....

Smiley
1718  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: As promised to Bembelimen, pig pics on: May 09, 2010, 07:56:59 PM
Have u ever recreated Rome Total war by covering the pigs' back in Tar and setting them on fire, so they run and scare the enemy elephants?

Squeal Like a Pig Boy...

Smiley

1719  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: May 09, 2010, 07:53:29 PM
Ouch!

Smiley

1720  Modifications / Troops / Re: Movement in Dark Omen on: May 08, 2010, 03:42:12 PM
Thinking back to our previous investigations, a good way to test this is to measure the maximum range of The Staff Of Osiris. Since, as far as I can remember, in Table Top its range is 6".
1721  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Banners on: May 08, 2010, 02:01:09 PM
I was recently asked a very good question -

"Is it possible to change the background of a banner in game? Night Goblin Archers have a round banner and its background but i cant find a way to change it for other banners. For example if the Grudge Cav banner is made round with a green surround, its still displays its normal background for that banner in game. Is there anyway to do it that you know or is it hardcoded to specific unit?"

Also another Good Question -

"Do you know if mounted units got movement based on steed they are using? As i think i cant change speed of mounted units"

Good Topics for discussion and we will do some research....

Smiley

Is it the HUD sprite that does the Banner Backgrounds? If it is then each sprite must be told which Background HUD Frame to use, I will have to examine the sprite files in a HexEditor. So Goblin Archer Sprite Banner may use Frame 93 of the HUD sprite perhaps. Lets hope it is set to use the correct HUD frame, within the Banner sprite file, rather than in EngRel.exe, as easier to MOD.

1722  Modifications / Troops / Movement in Dark Omen on: May 07, 2010, 11:43:15 PM
I was recently asked the question-

"Warhammer Table Top Games use "inch" as a measure to move regiments. So does Dark Omen try to recreate those values with Mov 3.4.5.6,etc? I would like to know the moves in TT games for Necromancer, Vampire, Wraiths, Dwarves, Elves. A comparison between real game values and how they were recreated with MOV points in DO".

So I use our Dark Omen Stats Editor = Wh32Edit or our website Troop list
http://en.dark-omen.org/troops/undeads/vampire.html
and compare values in my 1994 Warhamemer 4th Edition Undead Rule Book.

1) Necromancer in Dark Omen has
M=4 WS=5 BS=5 S=4 T=3 W=2 I=4 A=3 Ld=9  
which interestingly is a Necromancer Champion in 4th Edition Undead Rulebook since normal Rulebook Necromancer is
M=4 WS=4 BS=4 S=4 T=3 W=1 I=3 A=2 Ld=8  

2) Vampire in Dark Omen has
M=6 WS=7 BS=5 S=7 T=6 W=3 I=8 A=3 Ld=9
which is the same as a Warhammer Table Top Undead Vapire Count
M=6 WS=7 BS=5 S=7 T=6 W=3 I=8 A=3 Ld=9

3) Wraith in Dark Omen has
M=4 WS=3 BS=0 S=3 T=4 W=3 I=3 A=2 Ld= 5
which is identical to Rulebook stats.

Just checking Dwarf and Elves....that should be further examples of how Dark Omen is identical to Warhammer Table Top.

1723  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Real-time Tactics games of interest on: May 07, 2010, 10:47:28 PM
I played it last year and was really impressed by their massive Battle grounds.

Very inspiring stuff.

Smiley

1724  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Dark conquest: the forgotten ones Omen on: May 04, 2010, 08:58:47 PM
Nice!

jj

Smiley

1725  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: May 04, 2010, 08:55:30 PM
and our Saviour,

Our hearts go out to you- and we share your pain/frustration.

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 149