April 18, 2024, 02:05:16 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 148
1726  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:45 PM
Good Idea, will do, along with ammending the Multiplayer Fix Guide to Bigup GameRanger, as a tried and tested alternative to Hamachi.

Smiley

1727  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: May 02, 2010, 11:07:38 PM
and me

Smiley
1728  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: May 02, 2010, 10:34:56 PM
Just finshed watching the Battle Vids- very good moments!

It will be great to play your v Ghabry ones, along side his.

Smiley

1729  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Just one of them days.... on: May 02, 2010, 09:30:01 PM
Hehe, how did u get it out?

Smiley

1730  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: GameRanger: a new place to play Dark Omen online on: May 01, 2010, 01:52:10 PM
Since re-testing GameRanger, the feedback has been very positive, so if this Tournament proves it successfull then I will adjust the Multiplayer Fix Guide to reprioritize Hamachi stuff.

We will all still continue using our own Chat Channel

www.dark-omen.org/chat

as playing Dark Omen through GameRanger doesn't crash the java chat, although using mIRC doesn't crash when using Hamachi.

However, i did get a DirectPlay Help error when using GameRanger

Microsoft DirectPlay Helper/Data Execution Prevention

That can easily be fixed by Ctrl Panel-->System--> Advanced->Performance Settings --->Data execution prevention and create an exemption for the programs - dplaysvr.exe is located in Windows/system32

If you suffer any other difficulties then allow exceptions through Firewall or disable it within Control Panel Administrative Tools, Services and stop and disable the windows firewall service.

Smiley
1731  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:34 PM
The squad column works well- thnx Darkmancer

Perhaps as an on going project we can add banners to the Troops.

Smiley

1732  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: April 29, 2010, 03:12:19 PM
During this Saturday's Tournament, may I politely request some new Dark Omen Expanded Showcase Movies Please-

So I can include them in my Recruitment Posts on other Game/Warhammer websites.

Ideally they will zoom into both Armies before Deployment to demonstrate the Camera Functions (Zoom and Rotation) and towards the end of each battle when we can afford to do so. If there is any chance of having English Voices then so much the better (sorry).

Smiley
1733  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Help needed on: April 29, 2010, 03:04:24 PM
Welcome Ziim00,

Great Time to Join
http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

Please also view this guide if you have any problems with Multiplayer Games

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html

See you on the Battlefield soon!

Smiley
1734  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: April 27, 2010, 01:09:32 AM
Testing any mod in a Tournament is designed to produce constructive views and comments like your own.You would make ideal and welcomed testers,considering how we all appreciate the many areas the mod covers- Sprites,banners,portraits,stats etc.. - A Massive Project and Very Good Job!

Extending the Home Page Troops Area with a separate section for the DOE Mod Races and units would also be good for learning stats and banners perhaps in the future. http://en.dark-omen.org/troops.html  . It all depends on the time fans have and lately i unfortunately don't have much to highlight issues but I do prioritise crashes over balance.Hence my brief post at the time- "Good testing as well (my Orcs didnt crash at all and neither did my Vamp Counts or Wood Elves but I think my Dark Elves (necro) crashed when charging perhaps" - Sorcerer

I agree that Combined as a Testing Team this Mod will evolve even further and better but I did also play some good Fair and balanced Battles. It's Early days so the more its played and tested the more it will enhance but so far its amazing progress and a Dream Come True to play other Races that "simply" requires balancing over time, like the original still needs.

Having Beta tested all the various stages of DOE and participating in its Mini and Official Tournaments is hardly washing hands of it or being Blinded by the excellent new sprites. So Don't concern yourself about posts that praise the overall success of the Project. I'm Glad you've decided to assist and share your Balance knowledge and opinions, the more the merrier!

Smiley
1735  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: April 25, 2010, 06:46:30 PM
Any luck with those Tutorial Map Textures I sent you, Mikademus?

Smiley

1736  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: April 25, 2010, 10:41:10 AM
Sadly I can't play next Saturday as I rescheduled everything to next weekend, to allow me to play last night and the decision to make the Tournament on the 1st of May was only made yesterday. I've only ever missed a few Tournaments, including Mini and Official ones, since they began. So Good Luck, Have Fun, i know i would.

Wink

Wkur v Olly My Wood Elves lost but fought bravely

Wkur v Olly My Greenskins were crushed

Wkur v Olly My Vampire Counts put up a tough battle

Jeronimo v Olly My last Unit was Surrounded!

Dark Omen Expanded is Fantastic-Many Thnx

Smiley

1737  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: April 24, 2010, 08:13:30 PM
Scores were abandoned but thank you all for playing it was fun!

Smiley

Good testing as well (my Orcs didnt crash at all and neither did my Vamp Counts or Wood Elves but I think my Dark Elves (necro) crashed when charging perhaps

(Battle Pics to follow soon)
1738  Modifications / Troops / Re: JUST TESTING 1 - Wraiths on: April 23, 2010, 12:50:51 AM
I was recently asked the question about Wraiths in Warhammer Table Top game. Do they really have "destroyed if routed"?
Or is that just an assignment of Dark Omen, considering the fact that you need magic swords to beat them...

yes in Table Top they are "Destroyed if Routed"

Warhammer Armies 4th Edition 1994 Undead Bestiary-Wraiths

Combat

Wraiths are insubstantial creatures and so cannot be harmed in combat except by attacks from magical weapons or daemons. They are affected by magic spells. They can still be beaten in hand-to-hand fighting because combat results are not wholly dependent upon casualties.

Combat Results
If they are beaten in combat, fail their break test and are forced to flee then Wraiths are immediately destroyed. If they win the combat then their enemy may flee (as troops beaten by creatures which cause fear or terror are automatically broken if outnumbered). Otherwise a unit fighting Wraiths must take a Break test at the end of every turn of hand-to-hand combat, and it will flee if this is failed. This means it is possible for a unit to win the combat, but still end up fleeing if the Wraiths are not destroyed.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tavern/warhammer-table-top-rule-books-on-ebay-t367.0.html;msg2613#msg2613

Smiley
1739  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: my body after last sunday fight on: April 22, 2010, 11:55:54 PM
U should create a Sprite of yourself!

jj

Smiley
1740  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April 2010 on: April 22, 2010, 10:49:56 PM
Sounds Good to Me!

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 148