May 18, 2024, 04:02:26 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
76  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September 2010 on: October 06, 2010, 03:03:17 PM
Where are the videos, guys?  Undecided
77  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September 2010 on: September 20, 2010, 11:22:45 AM
Guys, tell me please, what are the «Black Prophecy» and «Darkmancer's mode» modes?
Where can I read anything about them?
No info in «rules and standarts» section.
78  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow of the Horned Rat on: September 19, 2010, 10:44:14 PM
I just made a virtual pc, or to be perfectly honest, I downloaded a pre made virtual pc and installed SOTHR on it.

Hi Grend.
Could you tell more about this, please?
79  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow of the Horned Rat - Install & Play in Win7 x64 on: September 19, 2010, 10:37:22 PM
I found a way to install & run Shadow of the Horned Rat in Windows 7 x64 (based on the Linux Wine install method already described in this thread).

1. Copy files from CD:
- Copy contents from CD:\RMORPH folder to your c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder.
- Copy contents from CD:\WING folder to your c:\windows\system32 folder.
- Copy CD:\WARFB folder to E:\ (or whatever folder you want, but then you'll need to change paths in reg file).
- Create empty folder E:\WARFB\TEMP
- Create empty folder E:\WARFB\UPDATE
- Create empty folder E:\WARFB\UPDATE\BINARY
- Copy only files (not the 3 folders) from CD:\WARFB\ENG\FILE\BINARY to E:\WARFB\UPDATE\BINARY
- Copy contents from E:\WARFB\ENG\GENERIC to E:\WARFB\ENG\WIN95

2. Import registry file (and adjust folder names if needed) - see earlier in this thread

3. Rightclick E:\WARFB\ENG\WIN95\WHSHR.EXE and choose "Win95 compatibility mode" and "Running in 256 colours"

4. Play SoTHR perfectly in Win7 x64!

PearlChoco, thanks a lot!

I thought I could never play SOTHR on my Win7 x64.

But...

In the instruction, in point 3 you say "Copy contents from E:\WARFB\ENG\GENERIC to E:\WARFB\ENG\WIN95"

But I don't have a "E:\WARFB\ENG\GENERIC" folder at all! Sad
80  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 25, 2010, 02:17:10 AM
Ghabry, could you give me please at least one more day for confirmation?
I've reinstalled my OS recently. Don't have DO and hamachi.. Nothing's here.
Need more time to install all that, patch, and play a test game with FO ruleset with anybody.
Don't think that I'll manage all this tomorrow.
81  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 12, 2010, 09:58:59 AM
Happyman, 5k Golg is not a ruleset Smiley
You either mean 5k/15 or 5k FO.
82  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 07, 2010, 11:30:23 AM
And guys, could you tell me please, why you vote for dost5?
What's so special about it?
May be I don't get the clue, but this ruleset seems to me boring and the one which doesn't give you enough freedom to create your unique army. Too many boundaries.
Why I love FO — it doesn't have any boundaries except money, and some little battle rules.
83  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 07, 2010, 08:28:37 AM
Yeah, is there any more sophisticated documentation on DOST5?
No thread in «Rulesets» sub-forum.
84  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 06, 2010, 02:13:08 PM
Can a player change his vote concerning the ruleset?
I won't change mine, 100%
But I think some may)
85  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February 2010 on: February 06, 2010, 12:34:40 PM
Sign me in, please.
No confirmation yet! Smiley

I vote for Fair Omen.
86  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: February 05, 2010, 07:46:58 PM
Wkurwiony, it was very nice of you to add me to the list)
But it was really weird that Ghabry even «confirmed» me after all.
Ok, let's move on)

Don't want to interupt the discussion about the ruleset, but... are there going to be more videos?
Looks like Jeronimo made videos too.
87  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: February 05, 2010, 07:00:52 AM
Raditz, Jim: Give me a reason why you havn't took part in the tournament! You were confirmed!

Sorry, Ghabry, I've just read this comment of yours.
Well... There has been a huge missunderstanding I guess.
I just said (in totally different thread) that I would like to take part in the tourney. And asked about patching the game for the new ruleset.
I don't know how come you decided to add me. And absolutely don't understand where my mystical "confirmation" came from.
So it was a big mistake. I didn't want to spoil anything.
88  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: February 05, 2010, 05:31:53 AM
@jim black orcs got same stats like bigguns with leadership at 8, and got armor 2 instead of 1, dont know why some ppl think they are overpowered ;] overpowered units are those that kill a lot, black orcs dont but they hold they ground pretty good

But I've never seen them run in any games. They fight like skeletons. However bigguns run, and quite often.
Or is this because of the leadership 8?
89  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: February 05, 2010, 12:08:24 AM
Wait a sec... Immortals have the same characteristics as Black Orcs in «Shadow of the Horned Rat», don't they?
90  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2010 on: February 04, 2010, 07:19:07 PM
Congratulations, warhammerfreak!

What a tournament, what a ruleset, what games!
I loved the videos!
It's awesome, guys.
Looks like the ruleset is amazing, and really balanced. The finals of the most of the games are bearely predicted up to the very last minute. What an intrigue.
Black Orcs rock! Finally greenskins have their fair elite unit. They are hell of a warriors now! Yeah, I'm so glad, being a goblin Smiley
It's such a pity I couldn't participate. But next month I'll do it I swear to Gork Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12