April 18, 2024, 11:29:42 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
166  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Video Encoding Discussion on: September 28, 2009, 05:07:59 PM
Thanks Alavet, Flak.
I understand that knock-out is not good. Yes.
But I still think that the current system is far from perfect and it's still a challenge for the community to find the most fair system.
I really don't like the idea that the map is up to the host, and that the army is changaable, and that each pair plays with 2 (at least) armies.
May be then it's better to put everything on the shoulders of her magesty the Chance.
Every player comes in with 3 unchangable armies.
Every duel consists of 3 games.
Before the game we randomly choose the race, the map, and the host (but one race cannot be chosen twice).
In such a case player plays with each his army against each army of the opponent (randomly arranged).

In this system every player would be instrested in creating the most universal army, that should be able to handle any other race.
This system will also exlude a little cheating, when the host chooses the most comfortable map for him, and the most comfortable army for this map. As well as the possibility to use several armies depending on your opponent.

And it's very easy to implement. As a programmer (flash-developer) I could create a little app that would randomly make the tournaments group-tables, with maps, hosts and races info.
Well, that's just an idea...

@Ghabry Very very strange.
I think you're making too much work there.
May be I'll write another tutorial about how to capture the screen.
I use the free CamCtudio for that. And it takes seconds to convert the result videos. And I don't have to change the resolution at all.
680x440 is uploaded on youTube and shown in very nice quality (
exampleDQ | by Aeva
).
That will also allow more people to record their games, cause CamStudio is free (although I prefer to donate to free opensource soft Smiley.
167  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 27, 2009, 11:52:53 PM
Hi guys.
Well I have to apologize. Sorry I left so early and shamefully.
First of all, I didn't know that I could change my armies during tourney. I thought I come in with 3 «approved» armies and that's it. (by the way, I consider this much more fair).
Second, my armies were a total disaster. (I only played 5000/15, and was not able to switch to FO properly).
And I played like shit. Very confused. I bought Horn of Urgok in both armies (I didn't play undead principally), and never blew in it even once. Just forgot about it, cause there were dozens of regiments everywhere Smiley I was lost.
My format is definetily 5000/15. Quite and comfortable to play tactics.

And I also think that the current way the tournament is organized is a sort of a mess (sorry).
I don't understand why we play 2 games against each other (why not 3?). (of course everybody picks undead first, cause they are tricky and cheaty).
I don't like that we can change armies during the game. It's weird.

May be it's better to bring new ideas in other post or may be not doing it at all, cause you've been playing like this for a long time and got used to it.
But as for me, the best system would be — 3 armies per player. (no changes during the tournament).
A «knock out» system (like in football world championships; no groups at all);
Each pair of players plays an endurance match against each other (all 3 armies involved in such case, and undead in the last place). Loser is knocked out.
The most fair would be if 2 players play 9 games (with each army against each opponent's army).
But this one is toooo long.

The system with knock-out and endurance is long two. But it could be played during a week-end, I'm sure.
I've played today three endurance matches with my friend (5000/15), and didn't spend mush time on it.

2Ghabry Why do you need months to upload videos? Smiley
60 megabytes video takes 10 minutes to download on youtube. Then it's a business of a couple of days.
168  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Fair Omen awaits you here on: September 25, 2009, 11:23:34 PM
Alavet says the truth.
Black Grails is a tank, and even one regiment 1lvl can destroy half of a good 5k greenskins army.
If we want to make this all fair, we have to make them cost about 4000, for the 1lvl Smiley Seriously.
That is BG's adequate price.
169  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 25, 2009, 08:52:16 PM
Confirm.
170  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 24, 2009, 05:04:58 PM
@lordbraprus, where can I get the latest FO patch with the correct cost'n'prices from?
Is it already confirmed as final one?
171  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 21, 2009, 10:00:30 PM
Could you include me to the list please?
172  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 18, 2009, 03:14:03 PM
Ok.
Well I've just tested everything, by playing several games with my friend. So I think I will participate in the tiournament (if nothing unpredictable happens).
When are the new regulations to come?
The start date is very close.
173  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 17, 2009, 02:37:14 PM
Hello, guys!
I'm new here, and very glad to meet you all.
Was happy to found this site as well as discover that there's still a lot of fans of the best game ever Smiley («...Horned Rat» rocks too)

I would really love to participate in the tournament, but I need to know a lot of things... For example how armies should be built, and approved etc.
Please give me a link or something where I could find out about all this.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]