March 28, 2024, 03:44:57 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament January 2010  (Read 66510 times)
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »

Raditz, Jim: Give me a reason why you havn't took part in the tournament! You were confirmed!

Sorry, Ghabry, I've just read this comment of yours.
Well... There has been a huge missunderstanding I guess.
I just said (in totally different thread) that I would like to take part in the tourney. And asked about patching the game for the new ruleset.
I don't know how come you decided to add me. And absolutely don't understand where my mystical "confirmation" came from.
So it was a big mistake. I didn't want to spoil anything.

guess i was too hasty and i missunderstood you ;] my bad
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2010, 11:23:30 AM »

ok, then this was wkurwionys fault Tongue (because he told me that you want to take part)

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2010, 03:46:15 PM »

A small analysis. Some ideas for NB 1.8

ITEMS
I noticed Grudbringer Sword, Infernal, and Storm are priced 450gc when they're effects are not similar.
Mork Banners and Arcane priced 435gc (Mork's is a little better u know, try 500 for it and 450 for Arcane).
Horn of Urgok a bit more expensive like 3600gc (2950 is still cheap IMO Smiley).
Then Dragonhelm more cheaper (at 225 is expensive, try 125 like Potion of Strenght).
Make Spelleater more expensive than Ptolos (like 100% more), since is much cooler and effective than Ptolos.

ALLIANCE
Elf archers from 720 to 990gc.
Helmgart archers from 16 to 20 units (ranged units pass from 11 to 14, 2 front lines).
xbowen from 570 to 720 (dont forget they have ballistic 4, and shoot very fast)
Cavalry more cheaper (in proportion)
Flagellants from 840 to 930gc.
Mortar to 1080.

GREENIES
Immurtalz (very polemic regiment Grin) from 930 to 1080.
Orc Lobber to 1080 (seriously ruin battles).
12 Orc boar Boyz at 840.

NOTALIVE
Mummies from 1200 to 930 (since are only 6 units, retreat often)
Wights from 12 to 32 units (joking, make them cheaper from 1050 to 930, oh yes like 6 mummies)
UD catapult to 540 (50% of good catapults Cool)
Zombies and Skeletons warrios/archers a bit more cheaper (not Ghouls).

"I imagine 10 goblins warriors at 60 gold.
I imagine 10 Zombies at 90 gold.
I imagine 10 dwarf warriors at 150 gold.
I imagine Wkurwiony taking this into account!"

Fragment of January Ballad
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:56:00 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2010, 06:11:36 PM »

When things aren't priced at the right amount is it my fault to take them?Huh? I know the army wasn't the most fun you could play with but what the heck, if I wanted to use it and it's allowed, what should be the obstruction. And dude I want all combat army too because it's more fun ( I already made a post some months ago but I never made it to a rulesset or something) so I know how it is to be shot to bits or magiced to death while not being able to do anything against it.

And I would like to repeat what darkmancer said. Grow up, seriously.

As for the mod itself that is more important then in what way or who won after all:

I helped testing it with Wkuwiony a lot, everybode knows this wasn't perfect but it is these things that helps us balance it:

I said that elven archer were too cheap and he made them more expensive. As it seems now they still aren't expensive enough. Also I said banner of defiance was to cheap, I think almost every army will use it( I know all mine did). I also thought the undead giant was soooo good, most of my armys have 2 and some even 3 (my tournament army had one cos wraits are expensive). I also think crossbowmen were underpriced, I saw them a lot and they always did what they got to do with me.

I think Osiris needs to cost more and maybe dragonhelm and the magic weapons less. BTW I love 3 unit cavaliries, they make wonderfull cheap drops, especially in an undead army cos most of your good stuff is very expensive. I don't really know what should happen with the liche as I almost never used it. Flags should also be more expensive as they were the core of most empire armys.
This is all on top of my head.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2010, 07:46:58 PM »

Wkurwiony, it was very nice of you to add me to the list)
But it was really weird that Ghabry even «confirmed» me after all.
Ok, let's move on)

Don't want to interupt the discussion about the ruleset, but... are there going to be more videos?
Looks like Jeronimo made videos too.

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »

Wkurwiony, it was very nice of you to add me to the list)
But it was really weird that Ghabry even «confirmed» me after all.
Ok, let's move on)
We were already in the confirmation step and wkurwiony said that you want to play Wink.

---------------------

Ok now about the ruleset:
In my opinion it works in most cases.

There should be some limitation for archers/artillery because at the moment you can do some crazy blocking army builds (arrow and rock-rain) that you just can't break without an army that is prepared to break such tactic.

Undeads are quite useless at the moment. They have nothing special anymore. Black Grail with nearly no units, a useless necromancer/lich. Ok the Giant/Dread King is not bad. As long as the enemy has no fists of gork *g*. But the undead really need some improvments they are weak (except maybe spamming wraiths).

Da immortalz are really annoying. Like flagellants for greenskins. Imo this is a strange way to balance a race.
Oh and skabskrath is now nearly useless because every race has lots of unbrekable units now ^^

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2010, 02:09:39 AM »

RE Rock & arrow storm (or cannon+mortar + arrow storm)

Normally this isn't so much a problem as you can march towards at angles and envelop/flank the enemy force.

The problem really occurs when they squash themselve into a edge or corner in which case your forced to engage head on and have to engage they're best * often unbreakable units head on while being riped to peices.

Solutions?
Reductions to ballistic skill,
price increases to bs 4 units + arty
editing of deployment zones away from edges & corners
rules against corner camping/digging in (unenforceable? wording?)
accept siege engine + shield of ptolos as a minimum requirement to all armies (perhapes not empire)
restrictions on numbers of siege engines + missile units (1 siege max? 0.o  )

Frankly all are a bit sucky, but a combination of the above are required if new balance is not going to devolve.

Flagellent keep being mensioned, increase gp? reduce units?  Or as an alternative massivily increase the amount of units (28-32) but make them cost a fortune (2.2 k+ so they'll be unusual and rare to fight against but damned scary Smiley

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »

When things aren't priced at the right amount is it my fault to take them?Huh? I know the army wasn't the most fun you could play with but what the heck, if I wanted to use it and it's allowed, what should be the obstruction. And dude I want all combat army too because it's more fun ( I already made a post some months ago but I never made it to a rulesset or something) so I know how it is to be shot to bits or magiced to death while not being able to do anything against it.

And I would like to repeat what darkmancer said. Grow up, seriously.

As for the mod itself that is more important then in what way or who won after all:

I helped testing it with Wkuwiony a lot, everybode knows this wasn't perfect but it is these things that helps us balance it:

I said that elven archer were too cheap and he made them more expensive. As it seems now they still aren't expensive enough. Also I said banner of defiance was to cheap, I think almost every army will use it( I know all mine did). I also thought the undead giant was soooo good, most of my armys have 2 and some even 3 (my tournament army had one cos wraits are expensive). I also think crossbowmen were underpriced, I saw them a lot and they always did what they got to do with me.

I think Osiris needs to cost more and maybe dragonhelm and the magic weapons less. BTW I love 3 unit cavaliries, they make wonderfull cheap drops, especially in an undead army cos most of your good stuff is very expensive. I don't really know what should happen with the liche as I almost never used it. Flags should also be more expensive as they were the core of most empire armys.
This is all on top of my head.

well that shows that you did not born to balance a pc game Cheesy , in the testings didnt realise that hte units where cheap? mortar, lobbers cheap, the elven archers-imperial-archers-pistoliers things , was imba. ?? ... oko k i will may have to grow up, but you should learn to balance a game... tell me, in all this months of playing dark omen have you learned anything? (about the imbalances of the game)...

now i will grow up and wont say any bad word.. pfff

ito maquiesves
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2010, 05:07:17 PM »

I like what WHF wrote about changes to do.

Its a New Balance Mod.

If Wku adds strange solutions of Darkmancer, it wont be attractive.

I like concept Arrow Storm. Cheesy
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2010, 02:40:17 AM »

I like concept Arrow Storm. Cheesy

It's a fine concept, it's just tedious in practice (win or lose).  In fact my first multiplayer game when i used wireplay (anyone rerember that?) i used a load of motars and elven archers.  My opponent logged off in a huff Smiley

When both players use the same tactic it propels DO to such retarded heights, that it makes minesweeper look shit your pants exciting.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: