May 05, 2024, 10:46:09 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
61  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Darks Mini Tournament on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:09 PM
I totally agree with you Darkmancer. Your critic is correct.
I know I was playing terrible in that game. And I used canon in the worst way.
But it didn't really matter. Cause Luther was burning fighting regiments without caring about the huge collateral damage. It was a terrible henocide, and I couldn't do anything.

I really like the idea of a mageless army. It should be kept.
But what about giving it at least one anti-magic artefact? Like Baner of arcane warding. It could give it at least some protection from the massacre I faced.

And what do you mean by "cant run over people" while talking about the tank?
Did you make it unable to run over people? Why? It's the tank's best ability Smiley
Btw, how do you edit units' charactetistics so freely and deeply? I didn't know one can do that.

The rest of the changes to the army-lists are perfect, as for me.
62  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Darks Mini Tournament on: December 19, 2011, 10:05:37 PM
Ok, I'd like to share some of my humble thoughts on Darkmancer's mode. (version 1.0)

First of all — I really like it. It is definetely good.
I think that giving opponents pre-built armies puts them in equal positions. Although the neccesity to play all of them in random order gives every battle the uniqueness.

And almost all the armies are very well balanced. Except some of them.
There are at least two armies (undead ones) which are extemely overpowered.
I'm talking about "Brotherhood Of The Shroud" and "The Dark Legion".

Let me explain.
On the weekend, me and my friend Deadman played a match using this ruleset.
The match started really cool. I won an absolutely lost position (thanks to my lobber) — it's on the first video.
Then we had a great second game which ended up with draw. At this point I was loving the ruleset, cause I never saw so much balance in armies, when really some small tactics mattered a lot.
But I didn't know that killing the Vampire in the first game was something very important.
Cause after the draw, we put those armies aside and took the next ones.
And I started to play with "Brotherhood Of The Shroud".
And I had a 4 victories-streak. I totally destroyed "Waaagh! Urgat", "Company Of Woe", "Defenders Of The Realm", "Gnashrak's Boyz" without any efforts... It was absolutely not difficult, cause "Brotherhood Of The Shroud" is really way too more powerful than the armies it defeated. Especially the Vampire, which can kill an orc-mage or a Necromant with a single spell despite the dispells his oppoent carries.
So first of all — I think the Vampire must be removed. He's too strong. And may be zombies without Fear are too cool as well.
So I'm voting for removing Vampire and swapping him with Necromant and may be some troops.

Then "Brotherhood Of The Shroud" was defeated by "The Dark Legion" after that.
And then Deadman had his own kill-streak, defeating ""Brotherhood Of The Shroud", "Kurtz's Redhammers", "Waaagh! Urgat". Every game Black Grail were just steam-rolling over my entire army. I couldn't resist at all. Noone could stop them expect the zombies wothout fear LOL, never thought zombies could ever defeat BG. So this army requires a balance as well.
May be remove BG or something...

And the last army I really dont like is "Defenders Of The Realm".
It's completely useless. No mage, no mortar... nothing.
I've played it against Deadman's "Warriors of Sigmar", and it was not a game it was a massacre. Just look at it (I know I was playing terrible, cause I was really tired, but anyway...):

My army was helpless against magic.
And the funny thing is that Deadman had almost the same army-list (Flagellants, Cavalry, Bowmen...). Except I had a useless Canon and he had Luther PLUS Pistoliers. So it all looked like a cruel joke to me.

That's it.

I saw what changes you're going to make to the build, and I liked it.
You're going to improve  "Defenders Of The Realm" with Elven archers and a tank — that's a good idea. But this army still is gonna have to work hard against evil mages.

I saw you making "Dark Legion" less brutal. That's good too.

I would like to start one more mini tournament based on your version 2.0 ruleset.

Could you please share the army-files when you finish, Darkmancer?
63  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Darks Mini Tournament on: December 19, 2011, 08:19:57 PM
The first two games were played last Friday, the rest on Saturday. It's the part of our pretty long yet very intriguing match Smiley

Yeah, Deadman is my friend, and he's a big Warhammer fan (all of it: Tabletop game, 40k, especially computer games both SotHR and DO etc.) and he actually is registered here. But he hasn't played any tournament yet.
Hopefully we're gonna take part in the next big tourney.
I also would like to start my own mini tournament, which would include me and Deadman at least.
64  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament November/December 2011 on: December 18, 2011, 12:21:49 AM
Btw, Darkmancer, nice changes to the army lists.
Where can I download it from?
65  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Darks Mini Tournament on: December 17, 2011, 11:56:00 PM
I think the set is good. I really like it a lot. Especially I like th way armies are excluded and you play untill you have no armies to play with.

I played a match with Deadman yesterday and today, using this ruleset (version 1.0)
The first 2 games were epic.
Especially the second one (the most epic Warhammer game I ever played). It's long (24 minutes), but it's worth it, believe me Smiley

Here are the videos.

Today we played more. And I found a lot of bad things.
But I'll write about it later.
And I already saw your version2.0 which looks much better!
66  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament November/December 2011 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:48 AM
Guys, the link to the Ruleset is broken.
67  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Conquest Day December 2011 on: December 14, 2011, 05:46:15 AM
Omg, I've read the ruleset.
It's so complicated  Undecided
68  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Darks Mini Tournament on: December 13, 2011, 09:31:13 AM
.. I mean besidews the map patch Smiley
69  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Darks Mini Tournament on: December 13, 2011, 09:30:00 AM
Hey, Darkmancer!

I've just installed DO again, and I wanna have some practice. So I want to play a little match with my friend using your Ruleset.

I just want to ask — is it enough to over-write your army-list over default one? Is this all I need to do?
Don't I need any patches?
70  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Windows 7 64, Daemon Tools lite on: December 13, 2011, 09:26:18 AM
I made it work!  Grin

Fount a forum thread on rpgcodext dated 2007, which gave me a hint to intall DO directly to "C:/"
I did that and it worked!
Thanks a lot.

I can play this masterpiece again. Hack yeah!
71  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Windows 7 64, Daemon Tools lite on: December 13, 2011, 09:12:23 AM
Thanks.
I downloaded the all-in intaller "Dark Omen XP-Vista-7.exe" and installed it.
Then when I start "PRG/EngRel.exe" I get the same error message:
"An error has occurred with the current Dark Omen installation, please reinstall".

I tried Windows 7 fix (just in case)
Doesn't help.

Am I doing something wrong?

It's so sad...
72  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Windows 7 64, Daemon Tools lite on: December 12, 2011, 01:15:04 PM
I tried an Alcohol as a image-mounting soft — it's totally the same.

I cannot install DO  Cry Cry Cry
Anybody who has W7 64, please help me!
73  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Windows 7 64, Daemon Tools lite on: December 12, 2011, 08:02:04 AM
Guys, I have a problem.
When I mount a DO image into Daemon Tools — I cannot launch the installation.
Autorun.exe and Setup.exe just don't do anything.
It's weird, cause it's the first time this shit happens to me.
Has anyone faced this kind of problem before?
74  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament November/December 2011 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:56 PM
Hey guys
Is there any way I can join the tournament? Smiley
75  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament January 2011 on: February 23, 2011, 07:32:34 PM
Hey guys!
It's been a while.
Just came to see how's it going here Smiley
I see you're good.

But... why did you stop making videos? Sad
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12