May 22, 2024, 03:28:54 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
76  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Victory over Black Grail does not count. why? on: August 06, 2015, 08:22:07 AM
I found a strange thing.

1. I change Black Grail to another unit in last but one mission (B4_10)
2. I win the battle, unit with Id = "Id of Black Grail" 257 is actually destroyed fully.
3. In after-battle screen I get message: Victory, Undead Forces Destroyed, Black Grail destroyed.
4. However if I go to last mission, that victory in b4_10 does not count, and Black Grail is present in last battle.

If I did not change Black Grail to another unit, then everything foes fine: Black Grail is counted as defeated and is not present in last mission.
Any idea what else (except unit id=257) is checked by Dark Omen? Maybe portrait of a Black Grail Knight? or what?.
77  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:22 PM
A few updates:
1. Fixes in last mission: there was a bug with deployment
2. I thought how I can resolve dwarves slow movement issue w/o adding too many fast non-dwarf units.
I figured once in early stages of Warhammer there were Bear Riders in Dwarf Army. Later they were moved off the table and they are not present in recent canon army books. However I decided to add them none the less.

[attachment=1]

Almost as fast as horse cavalry but much tougher.

First post link is updated.
78  Modifications / Campaigns / Mod Pack by Cuthalion on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:35 PM
Download link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nkbl0en0dec5t8/Cuthalion%20Mod%20Pack%202016_09_02.zip?dl=0

The package includes all my single player campaigns in one archive. Each campaign has a separate thread and link. If any updates are to happen (not all mods are 100% tested and bugless yet), I will try to update both places. Also, Olly is preparing 'Ultimate Mod Set', where he will place some of these mods too,

1. Goblin Adventures
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/goblin-adventures-t1103.0.html
2. Goblins - Light Mod
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/greenskins-light-mod-t1312.0.html
3. Wood Elves
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/wood-elves-t1308.0.html
4. Chaos Dwarves
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/chaos-dwarf-invasion-t1120.0.html
5. Dwarves
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/dwarf-campaign-t1311.0.html
79  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: August 02, 2015, 06:07:38 PM
Thank you Illidan for both opinion and help with sprites Smiley

I made a fix that crashed game in 3d mode in Dark Elf missions. Same first post link is still valid.
80  Modifications / Campaigns / Greenskins: Light Mod on: August 02, 2015, 03:20:15 PM
This campaign is a light mod of Goblin Adventures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pahmzjv95p2vi5/Goblins%20Light%20Mod.zip?dl=0

1. Player army includes all kinds of goblin and orc armies, overall set is close to that of Goblin Adventures
2. All missions vs Greenskins are changed to missions vs Empire and/or Elves/Dwarves. Greenskin shamans are changed to mages using Bright and Ice magic spells.
3. Cutscenes: Morgan and Klaus are played by charismatic Goblin Shaman and Orc Big'un. Looks cool.
4. Only a few of the missions have modified btb and ctl enemy positions. Overall this mod is closer to original campaign than my other mods, just a bit more difficult as greenskin army is made weaker than human army. Anyway I enjoyed playing it as I like greenskin armies. Smiley
81  Modifications / Campaigns / Dwarf Campaign on: August 02, 2015, 02:59:21 PM
Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

One more single player campaign from me.

Archive files are to be placed inside /Dark Omen/Mods/ folder.

The core of the army is dwarf units.
Infantry: Regular Warriors, Slayers, Hammerers
Archers:  Irondrakes, Old Deadeyes, Thunderers
Artillery: Master Engineers

As all dwarf units have movement=3 (which is slow, e.g. human infantry mv=4 and elf infantry mv=5), I added a few fast moving regiments and wizards to speed up the whole process. But as I said, dwarf units are major war power.
Other Features:
- All dwarves speak SoTHR dwarf voices as much as editing CTL allowed.
- Enemy units and positions are modified: 1/2 is taken from Chaos Dwarves campaign, several missions from Wood Elves and several missions are original missions modified in a unique way.
- All original missions are included in the campaign.
- Cut scene portraits are modified: Azguz Bloodfist takes role of Morgan.
82  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Goblin Adventures on: August 02, 2015, 01:18:30 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0mqov4aj8s2xnq/Goblin%20Adventures.zip?dl=0

Archive files are to be placed inside /Dark Omen/Mods/ folder.

Latest version of Goblin Adventures.
A few things are updated.
1. Units (both friendly and enemy) became more aligned with Warhammer books.
2. A few troop adjustments. One of them - Goblin Wolfriders have joined goblin army from the very beginning. Prior to this, army lacked cavalry or other fast units at first part of campaign.
3. Inter-battle  cut scenes have now ogre/orc heads.
4. Overall difficulty was somewhat reduced. Most annoying missions became a bit easier to pass.

P.S. Could someone add download link to the first post in this topic?
83  Modifications / Troops / Troops: Stat bonus per level on: July 29, 2015, 09:44:59 AM
Hi,
I vaguely remember discussions about what stat bonus is given to troops per experience level.
I did not find materials on the forum. Only wh32edit has a tooltip that DO mechanics must be similar to table-top warhammer. It mentions that WS and BS have +1 +2 +3 bonus for 2, 3, 4 levels.
It is relatively easy to test it for BS, as it has direct affect on shooting rate. Here's a small table for XBow

BS Lvl Time (sec, 10 shots)
3   1    95
4   1    78
5   1    60
6   1    52

4   2    60
4   3    60
4   4    60

We can see that having BS=4 and level 2, 3 or 4 gives the same rate as level 1 with BS=5. So it looks as though the only bonus to BS is given at level 2, and archers of level 3-4 do not have any additional BS bonus.

This information implies that experience level bonus is rather similar to that of SoTHR than of TableTop Warhammer. I remind, troops in SoTHR have the following:
Level 2: +1WS (+1BS for archers)
Level 3: +1T
Level 4: +1W

My own experience of playing DO says that this simple table is close to true. The only thing is, I noticed that troops become much tougher at Lvl3 than +1Toughness would have given. Probably at level 3 troops have +1wound, and maybe +1toughness at level 4.

84  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Back to the Roots (BTTR) on: July 26, 2015, 08:40:19 PM
Items/Spells in EngRel:

5th byte - after Spell Id - seems to be responsible for item type and problably unit class that can wear it.

Spells have 5th byte = 01
Spellbooks have = 10 (hex)
Grudge Sword = 02 - as do other swords' 5th byte.
Staff of Osiris has A0. When I changed A0 to 02, My Cavalry was able to pick it up and blast with it. At the same time units who already had sword, could not pick up this staff.

6th byte - seems to be responsible for race - and probably class too - that can wear artifact. Most of items have this byte =0 but for example Runefang and Mork's Warbanner have certain values in it.

20th byte - (offset 0x14) - is related to spell icon. All artifacts seem to have 01. Fireball has 02, Brain Bursta has 04. If I set 04 for Grudgebringer Sword AND give Waagh Book to any regiment, Grudgebringer Sword is displayed as Brain Bursta but shoots fireballs none the less.

Also, unfortunately there does not seem to be spell firepower anywhere in these bytes.
Brain Bursta and Fireball have identical data (apart from a few ids that I have already mentioned). However Brain Bursta never kills more than 1 enemy while Fireball may kill up to 6 - maybe even more if lucky.
85  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Back to the Roots (BTTR) on: July 26, 2015, 08:11:15 PM
Just a note to myself:

in my EngRel offest of first magic item - Grudgebringer sword - is 0x0E2FB8
86  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: July 26, 2015, 03:25:49 PM
Hi guys,
Yea, unfortunately I cannot run game in 3d mode so I will have to adjust it using your experience.

Olly, I substituted Rat Ogre (1229 pixels high previously) to original SoTHR Rat Ogre size - it happened that it was exactly 1024 pixels - you said it was maximum possible. Also, Rat Ogres are encountered earlier in the campaign. So if campaign did not crash in 3d, then yes, 1024 is enough small for DO not to crash. And that mission - B1_08 -  is vs another race. So this must be another sprite, I have a suspicion about one large sprite from that mission, I will check sheet demensions and report to you.

Kloppo,
It appears damn hard and annoying to make good artificial intelligence for enemy archers and/or mobile artillery in DO, unfortunately Sad So yes, in this mission it behaves cool but this is not the case for most of missions. Anyway thanks that you are enjoying this campaign. Smiley
87  Modifications / Campaigns / Wood Elves on: July 23, 2015, 06:16:39 PM
Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Wood Elves Release Notes

1. Player regiments list and stats are in file troop_stats.pdf inside folder ../Mods/Wood Elves/.. - for those who won't open plyr_all.arm in editor.

2. What was actually modified.

a. Player army is a wood-elf army with features based on Table Top wood elf army - as much as Dark Omen engine allows.
b. Player will have to fight different enemy races, including several missions vs Skaven from Shadow of the Horned Rat.
a+b. All this includes a lot of new to Dark Omen troops and unit sprites. Rat Ogres, Doom Wheels, Wild Riders and many others.
   This becamse possible due to Aqrit's extention xslots.txt - feature that allows adding new units w/o overwriting original Dark Omen units.
c. 100% of missions have altered enemy positions, armies and behaviour on the battle field. Several missions were taken from my other mod- Chaos Dwarves.
   But they are in minority.
d. The campaign game flow includes all possible original Dark Omen missions + brand new map and also extra missions in existing maps. Overall 30 missions.
e. Ranged weapon parameters were changed slightly: Pistol range (skaven and dwarves have them) was increased from short-bow range to mean between shortbow and longbow.
f. A few spell costs were adjusted. To the most part, spells used by enemy mages - in order to slightly increase game difficulty.
g. Some of the sounds were modified. In particular, battle commands used by Skaven and Dwarves were taken from Warhammer Shadow of the Horned Rat.
h. There are a few custom leaders' heads in. This became possible after a few bugs were found that caused crashes. In particular, King Orion now leads wood elf host himself.
i. Army Book has information about all player units with pictures. Also, troop roster should display unit banners correctly.
j. I tried to remove all artifacts (except potions of strength) that are found in buildings/stones/other objects. Everything that can be found is on enemy troops or between missions.
However if I missed something in this respect, please report.

3. Many thanks to those w/o whom this mod would have never been released.
- Eternal Olly, driver and inspirator of all good that's happening to community.
- Illidan who helped with sprites and army books.
- Ghabry and Aqrit - developers that provided so cool tools for modding.
- Other developers, sprite artists and community members whose works I used w/o knowing who their real authors were Smiley

4. This is first release. I have passed the campaign myself and tested it. However there may be bugs - compatibility ones or those  I did not find myself. Please report and be sure I will do everything to eliminate bugs.
Also, a few things may be updated after a while: more custom leader heads, a few new enemy units etc.

P.S. The goal was not to create a hard mod but something interesting and at the same time not annoying. Several times I adjusted/reduced difficulty in battles. If you played my other mods - Chaos Dwarves and Goblin Adventures, Wood Elves should be easier than Chaos Dwarves and even more easy than Goblin Adventures. Only a few missions are a real challenge - and even then, there are no missions that are both long and annoying, where you defeat 4 hard waves but in 5th lose something important...If you lose then you lose quickly Smiley Most of battles are doable w/o much problems as soon as you learn whereabouts and stuff.
88  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Game-play Questions on: July 20, 2015, 09:06:37 AM
http://en.dark-omen.org/items.html
Here is a list of artifacts and their locations (click "read more" next to item's description)

Also,
http://en.dark-omen.org/campaign.html
There you may find per-mission description with artifacts (if any) that can be found.
If you do not want spoilers, let me provide a brief list of important items (potions of strength are not included). I may forget a few minor as it has been a while.

1. Bogenhafen defence mission - Book of Ashur. Use cannon to fire at the building with yellow smoke.
2. Enchanted Shield - is provided by Azguz if you help him in the mountains.
3. Banner of Defiance - cannot be missed as you have to kill Wights carrying it.
4. Banner of Wrath. One of most powerful artifacts. Is found in second part (Sylvania direction) in a mission where you protect Steam Tank.  Is carried by northern Orc Arrer Boyz.
5. Shield of Ptolos. Siege of Blighted Towers. Is carried by one of Orc Boyz units.
6. Next mission after blighted towers: Wand of Jet is taken from Vampire, Hellfire Sword is taken from Tower (usually incidentally drops when your mortar misses skeleton archers or vampire and hits the tower)
3rd part (north direction)

7. Horn of Urgok - mission where you waylay Orc Camp. Is situated in eastern of 2 pillars near Orc Cave. Takes a long while to get it. Actually it's a cheat artifact and I never get it when I pass single player. I advise that you do not get it either Smiley
8. Banner of Arcane Warding - same mission, orc camp. Do not let Big Uns flee, trample them.
8. Staff of Osiris. Troll mission. A rock in the north-west part.
9. Storm Sword. Next mission after Trolls. One of Skeletons has it. Cannot miss as they never flee.
4th part, Loren/Bretonia.
10. Spelleater Shield.
To get it, you have to agree to go with Elrod and then refuse to help Treeman. Placed in second vampire mission in the north-east circle of pillars. I usually help Treeman though as I am a role-player and not a munchkin Wink
11. Dragon Helm. North Bretonnia, mission with 3 enemy catapults. Is taken from a buildinhg in the north-west.
89  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Game-play Questions on: July 18, 2015, 07:49:48 PM
Hi,

1. Yes, amount of spells depends on mage's experience. 1000 experience gives a mage level 2 and 1 extra spell. 3000 experience is level 3 and 2 extra spells. Besides, most powerful spells can be obtained only at level 3 so it is very important to pay great attention to your wizard so that he kills as many as he can each mission. It makes sense to give Grudgebringer sword to him to help him with that.

Also, Bogenhafen defence mission has Book of Ashur in a house with yellow smoke going from chimney. This is a wizard artifact that gives an extra spell and thus empowers wizards. Though it is helpful it is not a must. When I myself passed the game for the first time back in 1998, I did not know about such tricks myself.

2. As far as I know there is no way to vary game speed during battles. So most likely, the video you were watching was sped up if this is the case.

90  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Maximum limit of AI controlled troops? on: July 17, 2015, 03:04:00 PM
Hi, I encountered a strange bug while I was editing mission B3_07 in my new campaign.
The mission would not load, I checked .arm, I double checked .btb, I checked .ctl - everything looks in place.

I figured out the problem is as follows: When more than 15 enemy regiments are loaded into mission, Dark Omen crashes at mission start: If I change several regiment Ids in .arm file so that they are in .arm file but are not loaded in .btb, and overall loaded regiments is less than or equals to 15, the mission starts and works alright. If I add just 16th regiment, it crashes again.

An update to this information. I added 1 more player-controlled regiment in BTB file - 11th.
The game crashed even though it did not before. It looks like the bug occurs if there are >25 Total units ready to be deployed in this mission. It allows 10mine+15enemy or 11mine+14enemy. (I cannot deploy 11th unit but it is enough that there are 11 in my mission roster).
Even though it is still strange as there are a lot of missions in default and my custom campaigns where there are >25 total units, still it might help someone to understand why the bug occurs in this particular mission: B3_07 in wood-elf campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26