May 01, 2024, 04:27:26 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
46  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: January 18, 2016, 02:12:19 PM
There is a known bug: If you select a different mod different from the one you had when you started the game, it is necessary to quit DO and start it again. Otherwise the missions might not work. Let us hope that this is exactly your case Smiley
Could you try it?
47  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Strategies for Campaign on: January 12, 2016, 07:54:17 PM
Hi,
well, to buy armor makes sense: heavily armoured regiments suffer less casualties. Even though they cost more, price difference is compensated. But it does not really matter much if you buy armor at once or a bit later, not in Original Campaign you are trying.

As for experience. Again, it does not matter much, so it's a choice of personal preferences. But here are a few general directions I usually follow:
1. Do not overtrain main cavalry. They are very good at trampling retreating units, at killing enemy artillery - and artillery is a good source of experience. So they will earn their experience very well w/o extra help.
2. It makes sense to level wizard up to level 2 as soon as possible. And do not forget to take Book of Ashur from yellow-smoke building in Bogenhafen defence mission.
After that Wizard is almost self-efficient. And remember, 'crimson bands' - a stopper spell - helps wizard to earn experience even though he kills noone. By this spell alone - when it is available - wizard can reach level 4 by the end - if he gains level 2 soon enough.

3. In first part of campaign, I try not to train units that I will not use in the end. For one, I do not trust Schepke Infantry Smiley so they usually watch my artillery's back or something like this.
48  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year on: December 25, 2015, 11:27:33 AM
Merry Christmas! Smiley
49  Modifications / Troops / Re: Warhammer Armies Wood Elves on: December 14, 2015, 08:00:16 PM
Cool,

by the way banners for wild riders and warhawk riders do not have triangle background. I think you can change banner type to one I use in single player for corresponding units.
Also, a question: in Multiplayer, you can set spells for units in army file (instead of artifacts), and those spells will be available during battle, won't they?

I am wondering how you introduced multiplayer shadowdancer.
50  Modifications / Troops / Re: Warhammer Armies Wood Elves on: December 09, 2015, 01:48:29 PM
Just a quick note: Wardancers have WS=6 in 8th edition.
But I have a more important general question - about wood elf and other armies.
There are a lot of very important boni for regiments. They cannot be mapped to Dark Omen engine. So what I suggest is:

It makes sense to have a table of unit stats - something you already have - and add a special 1-2 columns there, where you add extra 'Dark-Omenish' stats and give a comment why you add them, based on which Table-top rules.

Let's take wardancers.
In table-top they have: Always strike first, Immunte to Psychology, Forest Stalker, Several war dances: either +1 attack, or +3 ward save,  or Piercing Attack.

Yes, it is impossible to implement all these special rules. But it is possible to add:
+1 attack - as if they always choose that dance but not other dances.
Immune to Fear/Terror - there is such a flag in Dark Omen.
Maybe increase initiative even more: to emulate "always strikes first" rule.
etc.
This is what I did to elven armies in single player campaign.
I made a few other adjustments, we can discuss them. E.g. warhawk riders have modified Short Bows: they have longbow range and arrows fly swiftly, emulating shooting downwards from the air.
51  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: DWARF war machine sprite on: December 07, 2015, 01:31:56 PM
I will have a look when I get chance.
Maybe you are right and pink background is the reason why sprites do not open in DarkOmenViewer.
But the game itself works properly: it just ignores color with index=1, and it does not matter what color it is. So this is rather bug of Dark Omen Viewer than that of sprite file. However it maybe easier to change background color to green than to fix the viewer. I will take this into account in the future: It is just that it was easier to work with pink color as it works better during color reduction 256=>16.

By the way, it is not the same way with shadows: Does not matter if shadows color is index=2 or another. But shadows should be pure cyan 00FFFF, then it is considered shadows. Otherwise cyan is displayed in game.
52  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: DWARF war machine sprite on: December 07, 2015, 08:58:44 AM
ya the hammers_23.tga file needs to get a green background set a the first color indexed not a pink one

As far as I know, it does not matter what color is first indexed color. Dark Omen just ignores the first color as background and that is it. I have a lot of other handmade sprites that have pink background and work just fine. Strange that this may be the reason. Smiley

Yes, I had 3-3-3-1 hammerers first, but then decided to make 3-3-5-1 (final, used in dwarf campaign).
53  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: DWARF war machine sprite on: December 06, 2015, 07:42:55 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hp17ryd0meqrycc/Hammerers.zip?dl=0

Here is my hammerers sprite working directory. I think hammerers 3351.film is the correct file for final version.
Not sure why SpriteViewer imports from tga, saves as .spr but then cannot reopen its own .spr file.
54  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: DWARF war machine sprite on: December 02, 2015, 09:36:20 AM
Nice looking dwarfies Smiley
I don't know if you have been asked already, but why are your sheet poses not in the default Dark Omen order? they rotate counter-clockwise. It will take extra time for someone to realign them properly.
55  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Getting started. on: November 17, 2015, 07:45:02 PM
Also, depends on what you would like to play. There are greenskin campaigns, dwarf, elf campaigns, different harder mods with traditional troops.
56  Modifications / Troops / Re: Troops: Stat bonus per level on: November 15, 2015, 07:34:29 AM
http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/stat-changes-based-on-level-t1330.0.html

This Ghabry's post answers initial question.
57  Modifications / Troops / Re: Stat changes based on level on: November 15, 2015, 07:33:27 AM
Cool thanks a lot!
I assume by level 1,2,3 you mean level up to level 2,3,4 respectively?

It always seemed to me that 4th part enemies (lvl3) are harder to kill than enemies in Northern Wastes (lvl2). But maybe it was just an impression, and no toughness or wounds bonus is added until level 4.
58  Modifications / Tools / Re: Wh32Edit 2.0 on: November 15, 2015, 07:26:35 AM
Well, you may call it whatever Wink Just, since your beautiful tool is made to serve Dark Omen - however stupid and crooked the DO code is... Smiley

If I started a campaign with too many units, I have to manually delete extra zeros appended to the end each time I edit in WH32, then DO loads the save file alright.
59  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Getting started. on: November 14, 2015, 06:21:49 PM
Welcome,

another note: do not be upset if you fail to install all that by yourself. Ask more questions, visit irc chat channel (chat.dark-omen.org), Olly or someone else will help you fix all the stuff.
60  Modifications / Tools / Re: Wh32Edit 2.0 on: November 13, 2015, 06:05:56 PM
There is a bug in the editor:
If you add too many or remove too many armies from the list (can't say exact values, but let us say that it is better to stick to the default amount of armies, even if you do not use half of them in the campaign), the savegame file is modified and is no longer seen by Darkomen, though it still has valid formation and Editor opens it alright.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26