May 05, 2024, 07:43:48 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
61  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: November 10, 2015, 08:14:59 AM
Tis awesome Smiley
When you think the heads are 100% ready - i.e. you are not able to improve them any further - share them and I will try to insert skaven and dwarven heads in my Wood Elf and Dwarf campaigns if I have not forgotten how to do it yet Smiley
62  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: November 07, 2015, 06:43:43 PM
Good luck Smiley
63  Modifications / Tools / Re: xslots ddraw.dll/ddmod.dll not working on GameRanger on: November 01, 2015, 03:05:33 PM
Cool fix Aldrak, thanks! Now Olly can add more armies to multiplayer w/o need to rename 2PARM files.
Ghabry and Aqrit - you must have collected a huge sack of 'thanks' already, but still - thank you again Smiley
64  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: September 09, 2015, 12:54:38 PM
I downloaded version using first post link, and army book looks good there. You are right, Shadowdancer has the same banner as wardancers. But if you go to detailed description of a unit, everything looks good, warhawk riders included.
By the way, somehow that download link misses a pdf file with a table of unit statistics. I will check it again when I come home.
Warhawk riders are veru useful at solving tactical problems during the battle: to neutralize enemy artillery or to put down enemy wizard hiding behind advancing armies, or to lure enemies and escape direct battle while your mages/archers are doing their work. They are extremely strong archers. Just don't throw them in the midst of melee unless urgent need. They will not last very long because there are only 4 of them.
[attachment=1]
65  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Total War: WARHAMMER on: September 08, 2015, 01:52:16 PM
Looks really cool. I have not played Total War but I am positive I will try this one as it is released Smiley Also, my bro is a Table Top 40k fan and also played Total War a lot, so he's anticipating Warhammer Total War now Wink
66  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: September 07, 2015, 11:21:04 AM
Also, about game difficulty.
In original campaign missions are easy whatever spells or units you use.
In Wood Elves, difficulty of a mission often depends on whether or not your Spellsinger has his stopper-spell Snow Blizzard.
If I used Snow Blizzard and a mission seemed too easy, I added more enemies. Next time, if I did not have Blizzard at the same mission, it became too hard.
And the other way around. In a mission where there was no Blizzard, I adjusted game difficulty to moderate or even hard. But another time my wizard got the Blizzard and the whole battle was too easy.
Unfortunately there was no proper way for me to control it.

For instance, in Chaos Dwarces player army did not have pure wizards as Dark Omen engine suggests it. All spells were provided directly in ctl scripts, not at random.
67  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: September 07, 2015, 11:11:34 AM
Yeah, I add plenty of money in my campaigns. It's enough fun to pass missions. It might be too annoying to reload in case you do not have money for reinforcements.
68  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elf Campaign on: September 02, 2015, 03:35:17 PM
I am not sure what exactly you mean Smiley
Do you mean that next mission after Blighted Towers siege? I cannot recall missions where there were more than 2 wizards.

Also, please could you post in another topic - the sticky one in campaigns thread.
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/wood-elves-t1308.0.html

69  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Problems with windows 8, HELP on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:07 PM
I installed Hex Chat - it's a freeware ant works fine. Also, Olly appears there almost every day. So keep trying Smiley
70  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Problems with windows 8, HELP on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:30 PM
I am not aware of this issue but I have a general solution: Ping Olly in the chat in any evening. This solves DO compatibility problems.
71  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Mod Pack by Cuthalion on: August 18, 2015, 07:51:59 PM
Updated several of the mods, to the most part introduced a few new sprites (savage orc boar boyz, bear riders), adjusted mission difficulties etc.
Nothing major, but download link is updated with the latest versions.
72  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: August 18, 2015, 07:47:17 PM
Made a few updates to the campaign after Bear Riders were added to the army.

To my taste, the campaign is not boring at all even though major force has Mv=3 Smiley There are 2 cavalry units, good ranged attacks, fire wizard -definitely most powerful magic caster in the game.

What was updated:
1. Increased difficulty to several missions.
2. As a test mode, reduced teleport range for Fire Wizard from unlimited to 1000 pixels - this is roughly the same as cannon range, so I did not notice any inconveniences at all Smiley
BTW, reducing teleport range might be useful for multiplayer games.

First post link is still valid. Also, I am going to update my mods back with this and other minor changes...

73  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Greenskins: Light Mod on: August 12, 2015, 08:04:48 PM
A few updates to the mod.
- Enemies were changed to Skaven in a few of the missions.
- Savage Orc Boar Boyz are introduced as one of player units.
- A few minor adjustments in ctl scripts during missions.

First post link is valid.
74  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Savage Orc Boar Boyz on: August 07, 2015, 08:22:57 PM
Meet da Boyz

[attachment=1]

I think I will update 1-2 of my mods with them: Most likely Goblin Adventures, and also 1-2 missions in other mods where greenskins are enemies.
75  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:01 AM
Well, yeah  Smiley

Just since boars are already occupied by Boar Boyz and GW never mentioned Dwarves to mount boars, bears are a preferable choice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26