April 25, 2024, 03:25:44 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26
31  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Mod Pack by Cuthalion on: September 02, 2016, 06:29:42 PM
Here is the latest version of the Pack:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nkbl0en0dec5t8/Cuthalion%20Mod%20Pack%202016_09_02.zip?dl=0

contents:
-Undead and Skaven (new)
-Dwarfs (with latest working dwarf 3d heads)
-Wood Elves (several minor updates)
-Chaos Dwarves (with a crashbug fix at Troll Mission)
-Goblin Adventures
-Goblins Light Mod
-Default with an interesting army mix and increased difficulty
32  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: August 31, 2016, 11:40:07 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa855rrdv523stc/Wood%20Elves.zip?dl=0

The latest version of the file.
Updates:
-Glade Riders now pursue retreating enemies. This way they are more efficient. (done via CTL editing for unit with id=25)
-Other minor adjustments.
33  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: August 29, 2016, 08:12:13 PM
Latest version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ctf83ey9wu0zfv/Dwarfs.zip?dl=0
34  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Chaos Dwarf Invasion on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:41 PM
Found a crash bug in one of the missions.
Here is an updated campaign version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jzvh3sa6rnabok/Chaos%20Dwarves.zip?dl=0

I will upload new mod pack as soon as I finish adjusting wood elves and dwarves..
35  Modifications / Campaigns / Undead Campaign (as Mannfred von Carstein) on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:29 PM
Already included in the latest Mod Pack download
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/read-me-ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Let me fill in the gap and introduce campaign with Undead armies as main friendly force. Army is led by Mannfred von Carstein. He formed a treaty with Grey Seer Thanquol and is going to destroy the Empire.
He will face greenskins, dwarves, elves and empire forces during the campaign.
Most of the missions are taken from my other campaigns: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Goblins. Necessary difficulty modifications are made.

Undead forces include:

1. Mannfred himself. Powerful in both dark magic and melee combat. It is essential to use him in melee especially in early missions. Use another unit for tanking and charge with Mannfred from the rear or at least flank.
2. Dire Wolves. (new sprite). Fast and ferocious. Poor armor, not able to wear artifacts. Still, this will be fastest exp-earning army for long.
3. Grave Guard.(new sprite) Extremely tough and potent. Weak side: they die when break. But they have high leadership and enemy usually breaks first. Use them to tank and charge with Mannfred or Dire Wolves from the flank. When Banner of Defiance is available, it suits them quite well. But cowardly skaven regiments miss it too, so it is a matter of choice.
4. Skeleton archers. Poor archers, poor melee fighters. Yet, they shoot better after they earn level 2 (+1 ballistic skill). Also, they never break, and sometiems it is useful: they stand till the moment you help them out.
5. Screaming Skull Catapult. Artillery. Worse than empire mortar but better than nothing. There were missions where it earned 0 experience despite shooting all the time. As Archers, level 2 Catapult shoots much better.
6. Zombie Dragon (new sprite). A monster. Causes terror and strong in combat. However it dies when breaks so one needs to be careful with it.
7. Blood Knights. Undead Cavalry. A bit weaker than Black Grail and can be routed. However, it is still a very strong and fast unit.

Skaven allies include:
1. Clanrat warriors. Their strength is numbers and high skaven speed. Despite being weak and cowardly, they are still very useful throughout the campaign and my clanrats reached level 4 before the end.
2. Skaven warpthrower. Light and mobile artillery.
3. Jezzail. Archers that use long-range pistols (I increased default pistol range for them). Very useful.
4. Clan Eshin Assassins. Elite killers. Poor armor and not great numbers, so they are unable to tank well. But they are very good at disposing of enemy wizards fast enough, and at killing when they do not tank.
5. Stormvermin. Strong skaven infantry. Better than clanrats at both tanking and fighting. Usefulness is close to clanrats because clanrats earn 2nd or 3rd level by the moment Stormvermin appear.
6. Grey Seer. A potent page, strong in melee. But usually he helps with 'here we go' magic.

Remember it is important for all units to reach 2nd level the faster the better. Banner of Wrath helps with that.
on later missions Banner of Wrath and killing enemy artillery helps to reach next level (2nd level +1ws or +1bs, 3rd level +1str, 4th level +1toughness)
36  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: DO "Fixes" Question on: August 21, 2016, 05:17:19 PM
Keyboard problem occurs to me every time in the following scenario:
1. Run DO.
2. Before you get to the main menu, there are some tray notifications or crap like that: like "640x480 is not proper resolution for the monitor" etc...If I click such notifications before I get uto game main menu, keyboard does not work for me during missions. I dont know how to explain this, but at least I know how to avoid this: do not click notifications.
37  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: mannfred Story on: August 14, 2016, 03:26:40 PM
There will not be anything major at this stage, unfortunately: no time to devote to Dark Omen.  No brand new sprites or altered inter-battle story line or anything. It is just that I played modded campaigns again and decided to prepare a similar one as undead and skaven: in my other mods they appeared only as enemies.

I edited ctl as far as skaven voices from sothr: disgusting laughter for charge, 'die-die' for 'finish them' and 'die you will' for 'retreat'.
Also, I edited Mannfred chase logic: regular mages or vampires do not chase, but Mannfred will. This will help him to use his enormous battle parameters better and earn more experience.
Also, I slightly changed parameters of one of 4 primary units - skeleton cavalry: they do not suffer extra damage in melee (or they die way too fast) but they lose 'fear' when they charge: Again, in single player that parameter somewhat reduces interest. Other undead have fear.
Also, I slightly increased jezzail weapon range - by some 20%.
Also, I took a mixture of missions from my other mods, and replaced all undead/skaven enemies with greenskins/empire/elves, making minor .ctl and .btb adjustments where needed (mage spells etc)
That's about it.
38  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: mannfred Story on: August 14, 2016, 10:34:03 AM
Yeah the last one looks really great Smiley
Just as I discussed this with Olly before, I am not preparing a pure-undead campaign.
Undead army is quite boring in the long run - unlike in Multiplayer where you have to win one only battle at whatever cost -
and so is Skaven army: no cavalry, not  great choice of archers.
So I decided to make another my-style campaign with Mannfred, but along with raised dead he formed an alliance with skaven to rock the world.
39  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Several bugs on: July 21, 2016, 07:06:23 PM
No clue about that fiery rain.
But as for wrong names...please check whether you have file engrel.exe in /mods/goblin adventures/prg/...
If there is no such file, then the MOD misses it and you had better download latest version -
Version in my thread for this campaign must be valid:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0mqov4aj8s2xnq/Goblin%20Adventures.zip?dl=0
http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns/goblin-adventures-t1103.60.html
40  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Several bugs on: July 21, 2016, 08:42:07 AM
Hi,
thanks for trying the mods Smiley

1. Strange noises like blurred radio - probably, DO Intro Start. If I remember correct, there are such ones.
2. It is not quite obvious what you call 'wrong flags and names'. Could you provide screenshots for flags if possible? Or at least text for names.

3. Not sure what to say about random crashes at mission start...usually it either happens all the time - meaning, something is wrong with patch or its installation. Or does not happen at all.
Also, I did not get what appears with flames and burning noise Smiley Maybe Olly, our guru, has a better understanding. Let's wait for his comment.
41  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Further CTL investigation on: July 14, 2016, 05:31:33 PM
It does. 'always pursue' prevents chasing troops from stop. They run after victim to the bitter end. By the way, the flag seems to crash the game when is set to archer regiments.

I wanted to make my cavalry archers trample enemies who break instead of standing still waiting for a command. For that I found a difference in event handlers for cavalry and archers which seems to be responsible for this very moment. And replaced.
42  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Further CTL investigation on: July 13, 2016, 07:31:06 PM
In wood elf campaign, it was always disappointing for me when my rider archers did not chase retreating enemy: In the midst of battle automatic trample helps a lot. So I decided to figure out how I can force archers to 'CRUSH THEM!'.
The answer seems to be as follows ('seems' because I have not tested it properly yet)

func 125 is archers event handler.
Event 15 is when enemy breaks. I just copy-pasted code of event 15 from function 122 (event handler for cavalry and infantry) to function 125 and archers started chasing.
What I need to do now is to overwrite this part only for rider archers. Probably again, unit_id is the an only option.
Also, would be nice to test many_vs_many melee fights. Hope nothing is buggy there.
43  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Portrait meshes on: June 28, 2016, 12:29:24 PM
Hey Olly could you send me files of that Dwarf King head with modified crown? I am in the country and have slow internet so I cannot download large size stuff.

Also, are there ready-to-go dwarf heads out of those amazing templates Illidan and you are working on?
Some nostalgia overcame me again and I wanna play DO a bit, and I would like to test new heads in the dwarf campaign if there are any.

Just 1 thing Olly. A year ago we discussed that it will be cool if all new heads comply with my modded campaigns and do not overwrite heads already used there. I hope you still stick to that order or I will have to check all heads in my arimes Smiley
44  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: June 07, 2016, 07:23:50 PM
Oh holy crap ) light modding of existing ctl scripts is pain in the ... Making brand new ctls will be horrible.
45  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: June 07, 2016, 07:14:10 PM
An update in Dwarf Campaign:
3d Dwarf heads made by Olly (using SoTHR textures) are added: 3 of dwarf units throughout campaign have new heads, cut scenes between missions have new dwarf king head instead of Morgan Bernhardt. Same download link from first post works.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26