May 06, 2024, 09:01:52 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
31  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 10, 2010, 02:07:55 AM
Oh! yes. This page. I sign up! *waves flag*

And I'd suggest an amazing an innovative balenced ruleset... But I don't have one yet.

If anyone wants to jump on board though, I'm seeing what characterful things I can come up with. My goal is to impliment hero's back into the DO system. So look out for something all finished and shiny from me next month or so...
32  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:15 AM
It's in Mutliplayer when it crashes eh? Time for some extensive testing... This can't be allowed.

And I do belive I already have Dark Omen expanded lying around, just need to reinstall it when I've finished tinkering with my current files.

Yes, testing armour would be a sure pain in the ass, maybe I'll find someone with as little a life as I to help. Any volenteers? (Ugh, spelling.)

And that sounds like a reasonably well thought out experiment, with some quiet depressing results.If true, that would make the difference between great weapons and fails non existant, (Perhaps an accidental coding error?) Meaning great weaponed troops would best be represented simply by giving them int 1.

Which leaves trying to figure in Lances or Flails a decidedly complex excerise...
33  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Avatars for members on: June 10, 2010, 12:17:33 AM
I think I'll wait for the votes to filter in before picking some form of Avatar... Just to be on the safe side. It's not much odds to me. I would of probably gone with a Vampire Countess or Morgan if I'd thought about it the beginning, purely because on the tabletop I either lead an undead Army of three vampricial (spelling?) sisters, or my merry Dogs of War Mercenary band. (Although, alas, the DOW rules are outdated enough to make them next to unplayable. Still the vampires have a very healthy win/loss record. (Four attacks, hitting on threes, always stiking first at strength seven, gaining an additional attack with every successful wound caused, if I remember my vampire rules correctly. She could take out a charging dinosaur without breaking a sweat...)
Ahem. Enough sidetracking from me. Do continue.
34  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Other countries, other custom on: June 09, 2010, 09:42:06 PM
I would think, tentatively in England, that it would vary greatly from the personality of each different managers, and the style they employ. Be it one of constantly praising workers, or only rewarding them on special occasions, or being heavy on the critism.

I'd probably employ an approch where I came down hard on anyone who failed, was fairly neutral about people just doing their jobs, but went out of the way to reward anyone who came up with any great, 'thinking outside the box' ideas, and did something above and beyond the call of duty.
35  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 09, 2010, 09:35:28 PM
I've actually had no incidents with porting mages crashing the game since the implimentation of Countess Contressa and her Wright bodyguard for my Countess mod. Ported her here there and everywhere, without crash. Perhaps because she's tagged as an Infantry Unit, rather than as an Evil mage? (And so doesn't animate her spellcasting much.) Although I've never tried Soul Drain, so I don't know if that could have unexpected concequences...

Goodpoint about the restricting of magic items. I completely forgot to bar units without Hero characters for taking magic items in my 7th edition version. Items should be limited to heros... (whoops.)

Is there any way to increase magic item capacity without experience? Otherwise to simulate a perfect statline transistion, I'm going to have to -understat- units like the Elector Counts bodyguard, then raise their experience, (Thus improving their stats back to what they'd be on the tabletop) to give them the option of an additional item.

(Theory is the Elector counts bodyguard includes the army standard bearer and thus should be able to take the option of a magic banner as well as a sword. It's not perfect, but hey! What works...)

I guess you could test the troll thing out by pitting equally statted trolls. (Or even just blocks of infantry with troll armour) against identical units with 3 armour, then 2 armour and so forth to see if a difference became apparent.

Do the flails really work every round? That's a bitch, because +2 strength on the charge simulates lances very well. If theyt work every round they are effectively no different at all than great weapons, (Unless Great weapons correctly modify the int of the user?) That would make balencing proper cav for the lance effect more tricky... As making a cavalry charge that impacts and inflicts sevear damage is quiet hard with DO...
36  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Avatars for members on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:57 AM
*amused* You think of me as a terribly gay elf, or a very unimportant crossbow man? ... Hmm...
37  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Back from the grave on: June 09, 2010, 08:50:25 AM
I have no idea who you are, but welcome back!
38  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 09, 2010, 04:52:23 AM
Hmm, thanks for the pointers Darkmancer. The zero items but equipped with an anti magic banner strikes me as particularly creative. Will the unit still drop said banner when it dies?

'Troll Armour' dispelling magic also sounds frightfully interesting. How well do you think it functions as regular armour? A sort of no armour but with imput dispell, and then Regeneration being represented by the Regeneration tag?

Could have some fun with that...

On a sidenote, I made a so far semi successful total conversion of the current Empire Army list directly into Dark Omen, Captains and all!

(It was doubted that adding a single empire captain to a Unit would make a difference on the Dark Omen Engine. This was proved -extremely- untrue...)

Anyone up for playtesting a direct Fantasy to Dark Omen conversion? Should have undead done by the end of tommrow, and Empire's definatly ready for a through playtesting. (Costs to balence mostly.)
39  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 08, 2010, 03:17:33 PM
*Blinks*

Holycrap, that reminds me Al...

Trolls have magic immunity, yes? But I don't remeber there being an 'Semi immune to magic' option in W32edit. Have we not figured out how to switch that?

And I'm pretty sure he means psychology, as trolls are 'Stupid' making them immunue to psychology. (Alas in DO, the closest we can do is, 'immunue to fear.' Although really they should be immunue to fear, terror, and panic...
40  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 08, 2010, 06:32:56 AM
Look guys, you totally hijacked my tread!  :Smiley

In all seriousness, back to topic? I know I've been, *coughs* distracted, with AOE 3, but finish with the feedback, and I'll get back to writing the campagin, and tweaking things as per suggestions.
41  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: Inspiration. How about making SC2 Dark-Omen ? Mika & Grend & other modders! on: June 08, 2010, 06:31:34 AM
Hmm. Forced to agree with the negativity here chaps.

GW really DOES NOT LIKE, anyone doing anything adventerous with it's stuff. We are small, quiet, and don't sell or tread on their toes. Moneymaking or franchise stealing will get us a small army of angry GW laywers.

And as cool as starcraft 2 may or may not be, (Although I've obessessed about it for years, it has some rather strong mental connetations recently with a guy who stole something very dear to me, so I am quiet put off it) that coolness does not nessicarly mean it should be applied to everything else cool.

Let SC2 be SC2, mod it to be something related perhaps. But taking a giant real time Sci-Fi engine, and trying to turn it into a ye oldie dice based table top game just seems unnessicarily crazy.  (And it really wouldn't have anything to do with DO, let's face it, it'd just be an attempt to make a warhammer mod.)
42  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 08, 2010, 06:25:45 AM
As an aside, and because I'm bored and lonely, here's how I'd tentatively structure a 7th Edition Dark Omen Army list. (Copied and pasted from my notepad file as I mused)

Empire List -

Mage Lord - (Level 4) Fire

Elector Count - Mounted
(Default Unit Size 10, Max size 20)

Elector Count - On Foot
(Either Swordsmen, or Greatswords) (Greatswords immunue to fear? Great Weapons)
(Default Unit Size 20, Max Size 30)

Minor Mage - (Level 2) Fire (alone)

Minor Mage - (In a Unit 15 - 20 swordsmen)

Empire Captain - (In a unit of Swordsmen)

Swordsmen - 20-30 Swordsmen

Halberdiers - 10 Halberdiers

Longbowmen - 10 Longbowmen

Crossbowmen - 10 Crossbowmen

Greatswords - 10 - 20 Greatswords. (Something to Represent Stubborn, Immunue fear? Great Weapons))

Knights - 5 - 15 Knights (Flails to represent lances, Horses, Knights of the Realm model).

May have one Unit of Inner Circle Knights, also 5 - 15 (But with Improved strength, and idential bonuses.)

Mortar

Cannon.

0- 1 Flagilants
Unbreakable, flails
Unit Size 10 - 20

0-  1 Steamtank

Undead List -

Vampire Lord (In Wright Unit)

Vampire Lord (In Cav Unit)

Vampire Lord (Alone)

Necromancer (Alone)

Necromancer (In Skellie Unit)

(Options for Wight Lord in Skellie Unit too?)

Skellies-
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble
(Skellie Unit Size - Default 10, max 30.)

Zombies -
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble
(Zombi Unit Size - Default 20, Max 30)

Wraiths -
Cause Fear, Etherial, Unbreakable, Crumble, Great Weapons,
(Wraith Unit Size, Default 3, Max 9)

Wrights -
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, Wright Weapons)
(Wright Unit Size - Default 10, Max 20)

Ghouls -
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, (Posion?)
(Ghouls - Default 10, Max, 25.)

Black Knights,
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, Lances (Flails) Mounted, Etherial Steeds
(Default Size 10, Max size 20.)

Blood Knights,
Cause Fear, Unbreakable, Crumble, Lances, (Flails) Mounted
(Dfault Size 5, Max Size 10.)
43  Modifications / Tools / Re: Modding with Wh32edit Uniteditor on: June 04, 2010, 07:07:11 PM
"Worth"
44  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 04, 2010, 03:55:47 AM
Yeah, I havn't touched the Steamtank level yet. It'll just be the same as the goblin mod for the moment, because I overwrote my orginals when I installed the goblin mod, and then just prompty started writing my campagin over those.
*ponders* So if you're able to rush through it, using slighly more gold than normal, we definatly don't have it quiet hard enough.
Although at least if your using more gold than normal it isn't a total walkover, which seems to be the primary concern about making an undead campagin. (Fear + Hardcore units = Winning situation.) Some of the levels I feel are relatively complex. (Bogenhalfen and Axebite pass are the two I think I've got about right, and perhaps mission two with the grail knight duke..) But eof them are still pretty walkoverish, particularly with luck.

You're orginal skellie regiment is sadly hard to save. Even with a full 7th Edition Wieght lord, (3 wounds, toughness 5) and a full 20 man regiment, you are alas dealing with WS2, Strength 3, Int 2 troops, which means they are sizeably outclassed by goblins.
I could tweak the regiment to make them useful... But I fear that would be against the spirit of accuracy. The trick to using them is as a delaying tactic. Bog down the opposing forces till you can hit m in the rear with the wraiths or the vampire. Like skellies on the tabletop, they're never meant to win the fight by themselves, just draw it long enough for backup.

I'm interested as to why you think I should lose the dwarfen allies out of axebite. (Particularly since I forgot to fix the banner bug with the third unit!) How hard did you actually find the map? If you play it cautiously, and have a full army left, t seems a bit of a cakewalk, even when dueling the Elector Count....
45  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 03, 2010, 08:59:35 PM
*watches the download count rise*

If anyone whose got this to work, and experimented on it could offer feedback, I'm particularly interested to hear from them, with special regards to...

Balence. - Game to easy? To hard? Some missions next to impossible while others are a wipeout?

Army selection - How is the countesses guard. An interesting and varied enough force to play, or would you like crazier units at your disposal?

Bugs - Something not working the way that it should? (So far I've confirmed spite issues with the mage on the ambush in the great forest issue, and I'm having trouble with the dwarfs in axebite pass)

Magic Items - I know, there are millions. To many? The wrong ones? Any particular gamebreaking?

Difference from the orginal DO - Does it feel like playing a refreshing new experience? Or do I need to mess things up a tad more?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5