May 19, 2024, 02:37:21 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
46  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: What matchup are the best, and what race is the strogest at DO? on: June 03, 2010, 11:31:58 AM
I think that's sort of the point though. In real life, and in tabletop fantasy, regiments and men don't fight to the last man except on exceptionally are occasions. The way to win any war is simply to make your opponent not want to fight it, and to win any battle is to make your opponenet run away rather than fight you.
I don't tend to find people flee  ridiciously often in DO, they do flee, but under reasonable circumstances that semi accurately reflect the tabletop experience.

To move back on topic, I think Empire were intentionally made the strongest Race in DO. Because they were designed as the player race for the main campagin, they were designed to be able to win when outnumbered and outgunned. Can't really say no to mortars, steam tanks, grail knights, and wood elf archers now can we?

The best matchup is a harder question. I think Empire VS Greenskins. Largely because neither one of them has the fear/unbreakable mechanic. They are, 'Fighting on equal terms.' as it were. Similar in play style, but yet with completely different unit compostion.
47  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
I guess I'm just special. But I'm happy they finally made it!
48  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 01, 2010, 07:13:22 PM
Okay! That was seriously boring. But this time the files saved as themselves rather than autoreseting.
Is it something nifty in Wh32Edit that keeps the orginal file code embedded in the file? Or is it some EA edit protection defence?

Anyway, regardless, this is the -Real- *cough* Mod. Edited up till Drakenhof Castle, (Although the map before that hasn't yet been done, nor has the Steamtank level or the Steamtank itself.)

My applogies for the mixup/error. I'll start doublechecking my files before I upload them, although I couldn't see this one coming...
49  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 01, 2010, 06:58:04 PM
So. It really is whenever I relocate the file to anywhere else, send to zip file, copy paste, whatever, it just morphs back into the orginal Dark Omen file without any modifications. I am suddenly at a loss.

So, new theory. Open my modded files in Wh32edit, then save them anew, rather than copying them. *tests*
50  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 01, 2010, 06:51:08 PM
*blinks slowly*

Wow. This is epic.

File in Dark Omen directory? Correct file. Open with Wh32 edit? Correct file.

Copy file to directory on destop. Open file with Wh32edit. File has now magically reset itself to the orginal Dark Omen configuration. How neat is that? How does the file somehow magically remember it's orginal settings, and then reconfigure itself?

Gimme a moment here, and I'll see what I can do to fix this freakish oversight...
51  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 01, 2010, 05:52:10 PM
*blinks* Well that's feedback. Unexpected feedback. *frowns* I know it definatly should contain the correct files, and it works perfectly on mine. Provided I upped all the NMA files, rather than the other ones, it should work, since I don't even have the orginal unaltered files on this laptop anymore.

Are you running the full installed version of Dark Omen, from a cracked copy of Eng_Rel? (Because when I first started tinkering, if you actually let it look at the CD, it loads all the level files straight from disk, even if you use the maxium install.)

I'm uploading version 0.2 now, which I've just doublechecked and -should- work fine. Just extract the contents of the file directly into your Dark Omen directory.
52  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:14 AM
Okay, as soon as people who have had a chance to look it up so far, and I've had a chance to incorporate there feedback. I'll upload version 0.2. It's now playable (currently) as far as Great Forest, with maps finished up to Castle Drakenhof, although I'm dealing with a missing mage that makes great forest unwinable.

The banner bug in Bogenhalfen is fixed. There's just this curious feature where it doesn't want to be a troll. Currently it's an ork boy. Experiements over tonight will determine how it feels about being a spider or a unit or Scorpians instead.

Game is becoming relatively balenced. Although in the long term it looks like the player is doomed. Attrition rates are high and even knowing exactly what I'm facing some battles are particularly tough. Maxium use of all magic is a must. Not sure what to do about the Countesses personal unit. They seem a touch too durable, and can often clean up missions largely alone, outlasting every other unit by far. (Not suprising really. 14 wrights and a vampire is hard to sniff at even without the magical aspect.) Perhaps a reduction in size is in order?

The replacement for Axebite pass is becoming rather fun. The assisination of an Empire Elector Count, complete with runefang. Very bloody battle. Might need to prune down on the magic items a little, then again, maybe not. Having a lot of fun with those.

Anyway, comment away.
53  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Re: May Tournament 2010 9k Fair Omen - Greenskin Armies on: May 31, 2010, 09:22:32 AM
(Big uns were max level. Uh, I think everything else was base level, except the shaman who was also max level?)
54  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / Re: May Tournament 2010 9k Fair Omen - Undead Armies on: May 31, 2010, 07:53:03 AM
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Horsemen
Black Grail
Wraiths
Wraiths
Wraiths
Mummy
Skeleton Archers

Go Forward. Kill stuff. Hope they don't have treemen. *nods* Clearly a brilliant stratgy. Alas, they had treemen.
55  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Re: May Tournament 2010 9k Fair Omen - Greenskin Armies on: May 31, 2010, 07:50:54 AM
Orc Big'uns
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Rock Lobber
Night Goblin Shaman
Troll
Troll
Orc Arrer Boyz
Orc Arrer Boyz
Gigantic Spider

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.
Had the most fun with this one. Some quiet epic games.
56  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Re: May Tournament 2010 9k Fair Omen - Empire Armies on: May 31, 2010, 07:48:47 AM
Bright Wizard
Grail Knights
Grail Knights
Grail Knights
Mercenary Ogres
Mercenary Ogres
Wood Elf Archers
Wood Elf Archers
Countess' Guard
Countess' Guard

57  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Collecting the custom campaign into packs on: May 31, 2010, 06:23:36 AM
How many of them are actually finished though?
58  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: changin spells in spellbook on: May 30, 2010, 11:24:27 PM
Simple answer - You can't.

Spells are randomly allocated to each wizard at the start of the battle. What you get, is what you get. A higher level and a certain magic item will allow you to cast more spells, thus increasing your chances of getting a particular one, but that's all.
59  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: May 30, 2010, 10:16:00 PM
*eyes* You do appear to be right. Let's try this again shall we?

Look, it seems much more professionally organised now. Thanks for the tip!
(Feedback. Always need more feedback. Even really hardcore insulting types.)
60  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey) on: May 30, 2010, 08:25:12 PM
So, yeah. Clearly I can't work out how to use zip files. I'm sure someone will educate me before long. Here's the rest. Obviously the first file goes in 'Gamedata/1PRAM' while the remainder go in 1pbat, BR01, BR02, etc etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5