May 06, 2024, 04:55:28 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
16  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 15, 2010, 12:10:12 AM
Awesome. You win todays award for most helpful player.

Firstly, you'll need to download, 'Magic Set Editor.' Easily found on google and shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to download unless you are on dialup.

After that, I'll need some form of email address to mail you the file, (because it's apparently too big to attach here.), and you just need to look through, review, and critise. All told shouldn't take more than half an hour of your time. Set's only 132 cards big at present. (Probably needs about another 20 - 50 before it's finished.)

All cards presently have artwork, and all cards that I intend to have Flavour text. (methinks.)
17  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 14, 2010, 09:11:37 PM
5th and 6th's not that much good. Some of the power cards will still be worth a bit here and there though. Hypnotic Specters, Pain Land, Wrath of God, things like that.

Anyway! No sidetracking the thread...
18  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:10 PM
*coughs slightly*

Depending on how long ago you used to play, they could actually be worth a GREAT deal of money.

Just sayin...
19  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Magic players needed. on: June 14, 2010, 05:46:08 PM
Oh!

Well I meant the actual CCG itself, rather than the Computer game based on such from the early 90's.
Was a lot of fun though, I own a copy myself, but I've never yet learnt to tinker with it. I play around with making actual cards, then printing them, backing them, sleeving them, and using them. *nods*
20  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Magic players needed. on: June 14, 2010, 07:41:06 AM
Anyone out there played a fair bit of Magic? I need someone to look over an expansion with an unbaised eye.

Cheers.

Cid.
21  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:45 AM
I was going to play him darn it! *shakes fist* Then he logged out on me...
Next time...
22  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: When is a topic "Dead"? on: June 13, 2010, 06:18:15 PM
It occures to me I should probably have read the forum rules before I started posting? Since I just hapharzardly reply to everything of interest recent or not.

It does make sense though, that since we're so small not to particularly bother with many rules.. After all, there are so few of us to offend in the first place, and if anyone did get annoyed it would be pretty clear. (And sad, we can't really afford conflict.)
23  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Hero Ruleset: you will be impressed on: June 12, 2010, 02:23:35 AM
Crossbow man?

Interesting...

I'm not really a crossbow type. View them as unsporting. Gentleman duelist don't ya know. Tend to go minimal on the ranged units. (Indeed my tabletop undead army kinda frowns at the shooting, and even most of the magic... Except that which goes to close combat faster. I also boycott Zombies...)

Not sure what makes anyone think I'd go too well in Empire though, not really my place...

As for Elves. Elves are for wusses! Always Strike first indeed. And toughness three heros riding poncy dragons? Pah!
24  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Dark Omen Table Topped! DOTT. (Mod) on: June 10, 2010, 08:45:55 PM
For Example...

Current Empire Army List  -

Lord Choices -
Elector Count - Mounted (Knight Bodyguard.)
Elector Count - Foot (Greatswords Bodyguard.)
Wizard Lord - (Alone.)

Hero Choices -
Wizard Apprentice - Foot (Swordsmen Bodyguard.)
Wizard Apprentice - Foot (Alone.)
Empire Captain - Foot (Swordsmen Bodyguard.)

Core Choices -
Empire Swordsmen (20 - 30)
Imperial Halberdiers (10)
Huntsmen (10 - 15)
Crossbowmen (10)

Special Choices -
Greatswords - (10 - 30)
Empire Knights - (5 - 15)
Imperial Pistoliers - (10)
Imperial Cannon - (Three Crew)
Imperial Mortar - (Three Crew)

Rare Choices-
Steamtank - (1 Model)
Flagerants (Or some such spelling - 10 - 20)

So  a valid 3000 Gold Crown Army would look something like -

Imperial Captain + Swordsmen Bodyguard.
Mage Apprentice - Alone
2 Units of Halberdiers
1 Unit of Woodsmen
2 Units of Empire Knights

2850 Gold Crowns. (With the other 150 free to add men to any of the units. Probably not enough for a magic item.)

(Note - It's entirely possible I'll ban the Steamtank at 3k armies, owning to it's unique difficulty to destroy in Dark Omen.)

Things I'm considering adding -
An Option to put the Wizard lord inside a unit.
An Option to field the Elector Count alone.
The possibility of adding Engineers to the Artilliary Units.
The Ability to Add a mounted Empire Captain.
Inner Circle Knights.
25  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Dark Omen Table Topped! DOTT. (Mod) on: June 10, 2010, 08:33:22 PM
The Dwarfs are mainly for Multiplayer, actually. But I figure I might do at least one Proper Dwarf map for the Campagin, as well as a couple more Elf ones in Loren. (Although the Elves SUCK, so I might try to compromise.)

If anyone has spites they're willing to donate to the cause, throw me links, send me files, and I'll bury myself in adding them. (Although I did download GIMP to try and edit my own, and it stubbornly keeps crashing rather than running. This coupled with the B2b editor not working makes me a sad Panda...)

Willing Playtesters should be aware that the Draft Multiplayer lists for Empire and Undead are done, and now need Balencing.

Current Sprite issues are Black Knights standing in for Blood Knights, and Skellie Horses Standing in for Dire Wolves.
(And Technically I suppose Imperial Archers standing in for Huntsmen, but I'm fine with that.)

Army Selection follows a tabletop format. And the game is tentatively designed to be played at either 3k, 6k, or 9k gold.

At 3 k, you may have up to three heros, at least 3 core, up to 2 special and up to 1 rare.
at 6k you may have up to one lord, up to three additional heros, at least three core, up to 3 special and up to two rare.
Lastly at nine k, you may have up to two lords, and three addtional heros, at least 4 core, up to 4 special and up to three rare. (For a total of still no more than 10 units on the field.)
26  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: TOURNAMENT JUNE 2010 on: June 10, 2010, 06:41:21 PM
Apparently I forgot to mention the the absense of my own ruleset my own vote, assuming I get one, currently rests with DO7.
27  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:57 AM
*delicately steps into the debate*

I'd just hestitate to point out that regardless of weaponstill or attacks, anything that doesn't break works in a wall role. All it needs to do is not die long enough for something useful to come round and smack something in the rear. When considering things as a wall role, all that's really important is armour, toughness, and most importantly the number of men inside the unit.

Trust me, the 25+ man blocks of unbreakable Zombi's in my forthcoming tabletop mod are going to be killer, even though they're WS1, Toughness 2. Just wait till you see what happens when the blood knights come round the back of the unit that engaged them...

Anyway, without being able to see the stats up in front of my nose, and stare at them in greater detail and concentration than my brain will let me at nearly 2 am, I doubt I can balence things currently. I would hesitate to suggest however that only prolonged playtesting would give you a real idea of balence.

The Wand of Jet I'd price around 3/4s of the cost of a high level mage. Offhand I'd idly suggest 450 gold coins. Magic weapons I'd probably run in at 300 each, but I'd really have to do a lot of playtesting to get a feel of how much the blade itself actually helps the unit, irrespective of the magic it casts. Magic banner's I'd probably price in around 600. I'm in a multiple's of three mood

Just in caseanyones overlooked it, I'd also tentatively mention that Dark Omen can, (and should) be playable at battles of 3,000 cold crowns. When you start pricing simple units like rockthrowers and Scorpains at over a thousand gold each, you start looking at some mighty small armies.

You should be able to build a respectable sized army of at least 5 or six units at 3k, it just shouldn't be overtly stylish. Where at 9k you should always be able to field 10 units, no questions asked, with room left for fancy things. (Like mages, and magic items) atop.

Anyway, back to the debate. I've said my piece.
28  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Avatars for members on: June 10, 2010, 03:37:07 AM
Oh wow... I approve of your keen eyesight. That is a remarkable resemblence. Just look at the smile, and those eyes...
29  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Dark Omen Table Topped! DOTT. (Mod) on: June 10, 2010, 02:45:20 AM
So, with a total lack of relevent places to put this in the forum, I thought I'd chuck it here, and let some irritated mod move it if they felt the need.

As some of you might know, or might not... I got bored, and started tinkering with a campagin of my own. (Which is in it's half build state in the Campagins section, (and since I accidentally erased my orginal files, it's fortunate I uploaded it, no?)

Coupled with that, I started on a minature obessive quest to make Dark Omen Multiplayer feel more like I was playing Warhammer, rather than playing this strange Alien Dark Omen version of Warhammer in which the undead run away cavarly have had weapons, and everything comes in mutliples of 4...

Following that, I sort of blinked, and decided that if I was going to go that far, I might just as well mod every bit of Dark Omen I could get my grubby little hands on, and so that's what I'm going to devote this thread too.

Now, I'm no master of the modding, (and I must tip my hat to those with a reasonable understanding of how to hack those horrible b2b files. I can't even get the editor to work in my verson of windows!) So I can't promise anything uber dramatic.

However, I am looking at, (someday, I'm just a single bored bloke here)

1) Re-writing the entire campagin to a modestly difficult balenced undead Campagin, taking you through the establishment of an Undead Countesses power base, through to the Eradication of the Grudgebringer Mercenaries, (Oh yeah, that's right, in Kislev Morgan is gonna die...) To finally crushing the Emperor Karl Franz outside some stonking great temple and taking the throne for herself.

2) Re-writing the Mutiplayer function to include armies based and balenced and playable as though they were on the tabletp, including use of hero characters to boost regiments, restrictions on magical items, and rules on army construction.

3) The addition of at least the Dwarfs as a seperate faction done in a similar style. (Alas they'll be avilable under the Empire tab alongside the the Empire. Pity that. And possibly the Woodelves as well.)

4) Adding a -few- new spites into the game. Particularly...
Dwar Hammers, Blood Knights, Dire Wolves, Dwarf Ironbreakers, Dwarf Crossbowen/Handgunners, and Dwarf Lord.

5) Potentially, if possible, editing the look and contents of the armybook, and playing around with the background look and feel of the in game menus.

So, basically, it'll be the DO Engine, but a totally different game.

So, what I'm really looking for if anyone wants to hop on board is...

Playtesters. <-- Can't fix and balence all this multiplayer nonsense without a patient chap at the other end to maul.
Cheerleaders - I get bored easily, and occasionally need reminding to finish things.
Sprite Editors/Donators - I suck hardcore, so if anyone wants to teach me, show me how to import stuff from Shadow, lend me their spites or make them for me, go for it!

And that's about it.
30  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: RULESET : Dark Omen 7th (DO7) on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:46 AM
Ooooh...

I could try using the chariot attitrbute. However, given the way it redefines the unit, I think it would have horrible side effects.

Here's the bigger question though.

Flail - + 2 strength.
Double handed weapon + 2 strength
Polearm  + 1 strength.
Hand Weapon - Nothing.

So, here I am forced to ask myself...
Why do we bother giving units weapons at all? Why just just mod there statlines and be done with it?
If none of the actual effects one would expect of a weapon work, then is there any point, (and was there any point) including them in the game at all?

(The potion of strength, if I recall, doubles the units entire strength, (from 3 to 6, or even 4 - 8 is definately -not- a suitable representation of lances) and lasts for considerably longer than one combat round. Perhaps if you wanted to simulate an effect that only lasted the first fight of the game, rather than one supposed to work for the first round of combat...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5