March 28, 2024, 06:48:16 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Undead Campaign (Countess's Journey)  (Read 22226 times)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 09:47:40 PM »

Is it something nifty in Wh32Edit that keeps the orginal file code embedded in the file? Or is it some EA edit protection defence?
Nope you were the first that had this problem Cheesy.
Looks like the files are correct this time Wink.

CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »

I guess I'm just special. But I'm happy they finally made it!
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »

*watches the download count rise*

If anyone whose got this to work, and experimented on it could offer feedback, I'm particularly interested to hear from them, with special regards to...

Balence. - Game to easy? To hard? Some missions next to impossible while others are a wipeout?

Army selection - How is the countesses guard. An interesting and varied enough force to play, or would you like crazier units at your disposal?

Bugs - Something not working the way that it should? (So far I've confirmed spite issues with the mage on the ambush in the great forest issue, and I'm having trouble with the dwarfs in axebite pass)

Magic Items - I know, there are millions. To many? The wrong ones? Any particular gamebreaking?

Difference from the orginal DO - Does it feel like playing a refreshing new experience? Or do I need to mess things up a tad more?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »

I've Downloaded it and hope to play it this weekend, Thnx

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 03:03:08 AM »

I've played though to great forest 4 (first level with the steam tank).  Unfortunatly it keeps crashing during the second half of that mission.

Otherwise seems fine so far i'm using more gp than a normal campaign but im rushing thou it and im normally left with tons extra anyway Smiley

The skeles can die off scarily quick, a bit of an issue now, a real pain in the ass later vs some of the tougher enemies maybe?  I think its down to the skele unstability flag maybe increase the ld a bit to make the kill rate a bit less random?

Maybe lose the dwarves out of the axe bite level but return them later (in the return to axebite map?) as the level is fairly tough anyway.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 03:55:47 AM »

Yeah, I havn't touched the Steamtank level yet. It'll just be the same as the goblin mod for the moment, because I overwrote my orginals when I installed the goblin mod, and then just prompty started writing my campagin over those.
*ponders* So if you're able to rush through it, using slighly more gold than normal, we definatly don't have it quiet hard enough.
Although at least if your using more gold than normal it isn't a total walkover, which seems to be the primary concern about making an undead campagin. (Fear + Hardcore units = Winning situation.) Some of the levels I feel are relatively complex. (Bogenhalfen and Axebite pass are the two I think I've got about right, and perhaps mission two with the grail knight duke..) But eof them are still pretty walkoverish, particularly with luck.

You're orginal skellie regiment is sadly hard to save. Even with a full 7th Edition Wieght lord, (3 wounds, toughness 5) and a full 20 man regiment, you are alas dealing with WS2, Strength 3, Int 2 troops, which means they are sizeably outclassed by goblins.
I could tweak the regiment to make them useful... But I fear that would be against the spirit of accuracy. The trick to using them is as a delaying tactic. Bog down the opposing forces till you can hit m in the rear with the wraiths or the vampire. Like skellies on the tabletop, they're never meant to win the fight by themselves, just draw it long enough for backup.

I'm interested as to why you think I should lose the dwarfen allies out of axebite. (Particularly since I forgot to fix the banner bug with the third unit!) How hard did you actually find the map? If you play it cautiously, and have a full army left, t seems a bit of a cakewalk, even when dueling the Elector Count....
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »

RE skele, Ya i'm more interested in the skeles lasting longer than doing more damage (hence increase in LD) in the other undead campaign available, I got that sick of the dieing i thought balls to them and continued on with them Smiley , another possibility would be to increase the leaders hitpoints/oughness so though you lose all your soldiers you dont lose the regiment.

I wasn't after losing all the dwarfs out of that mission just the ones that dont do anything Smiley

As to making it harder, possibly lose skarbath (least till later), and remove the wraiths ability to hold items would certainly toughen things up a bit.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »

in my dwarf campaign i add a skeleton regiment in the place of the Greatswords as i remember and personally i was never able to keep them "alive" very long, they are badly suited as player regiments in a campaign,

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »

in my dwarf campaign i add a skeleton regiment in the place of the Greatswords
You did this in your Goblin Campaign too. The skeletons were totally crap Wink (more crap then the Night gobbos Cheesy).
The campaign was much easier when you only deployed Rhakan (fists of gooooork) and Dreadaxe (the Ragnar cavalry) ^^

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »

thats true it was in the goblin campaign i added them, yeah Rahkahn is bad ass, even the original goblin infantry if allowed to elevate to lvl 3-4 gets to be a decent regiment

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2010, 06:13:44 PM »

maybe i should make the opposite campaign to the dwarf campaign
a campaign about the orc king uniting the tribes against the dwarfs and humans

CidHalsey
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 06:32:56 AM »

Look guys, you totally hijacked my tread!  :Smiley

In all seriousness, back to topic? I know I've been, *coughs* distracted, with AOE 3, but finish with the feedback, and I'll get back to writing the campagin, and tweaking things as per suggestions.
jhone
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »

update please! with pretty pictures!

Kyor
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 01:07:56 PM »

I just played with this Undead Campaign mod and i liked that. Maybe the Countess is too powerful. Others, like Swordman skeletons are sucks :/ They would need a little bit more armor or something.

At mission 2 when the knights of the realm attacking, the only solution for route them was to sending the countess in their faces, then everyone after them xd
The Wraights was a good think, but i would prefer only a 4-5 wraights and no necromancer with them.

Continously: I like this mod. Have it's own magic.

Bug:
 - When i used the basic attack magic with the countess near at him, i could shoot down it's own regiment's unit.
 - When i made an enemy regiment to flee, not just the enemy's regiment lost units.. sometimes. But if i'm right the original game had such a bug too.
 - Mission 5: Stay to fight at Bogenhafen. When the goblin shaman would appear, the game crashes. Well i tried only once now, so maybe this is not a core error in the mod.

That's enough for now Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: