April 27, 2024, 05:57:58 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament September  (Read 50146 times)
Kypper
Mummy

Bones and bones and bones ripping your flesh !

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »

Lot of texts, no vids. Sad

Good luck guys !

See you, space scorpion !
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 08:39:19 PM »

after all, beside the delay becasue we used 1 pc for me and my brother, and the always connections problems, it wasnt that bad... Cheesy i won the 4 grials ahahha! yeeiii

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »

After 5 hours the tournament is over (new slowness record)

Congratulation Alavet, 7 times in Tournament, 5 times 1st place, 1 time 2nd... Great!

Hall of Fame and stats are updated.

Jim was replaced by Villen because he left after the first 2 battles.

A new rule will be added: Every player needs an unique Computer

Video stats:
12 Videos
1h 37m 20s
39,0 GB
(I will upload them during the months, soooo many vids)

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »

oh yeah, this tourney was so long.. thanks all for organazing & participating, i had several great battles.

please visit and post your armies there: http://forum.dark-omen.org/armybuilds-b34.0/ (FO builds)
i very itnerested in your builds and will try to descrbie some of my best battles there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:12:05 AM by alavet » Logged

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 01:45:06 PM »

Congratulation alavet, looks like we have to give him in the next 9k tournament a 3k army only, so that other player will also have a (small) chance to win Wink

Please give all your feedback to the rules in this topic

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »

[Jeronimo] "To participate you need 3 armies, 1 of each race with the Tournament Gold Limit."

I must say after viewing armybuilds that... my idea wasnt about having MORE than 3 armies. It doesnt make sense.

My borhter told me (because i havent played many Tourneys), that this was already arranged in previous Tournaments.

You SHOULDNT make more armies after the Tournament started (I see Alavet did that). I dont know how others see this behaviour, but from my point of view... is cheating, because whats the point of making armies knowing what the others players have OR if your first Basic Armies are defeated easily (like LordBraprus rape against 4 BGK and "BGK killlers", the 1st empire army)

When a player edits an army, must make it thinking in all possible enemy combinations.

Example: Agaisnt LordBraprus, Alavet first Empire Armybuild had 3 flagellansts, 1 cannon, 1 strong wiz, xbowen, elf archers, halberdiers, etc. Then against Ghabry he had something like 6 flagellants, 1 treeman, 2 cannons, etc.

Anyway, for my next post of Ruleset I will specify better this condition to participate. Although, as my brother tells me now, this was already stablished.

ito maquiesves
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

Everything which is not forbidden is allowed Wink

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 03:45:57 PM »

Well alavet hadn't knew my armies until the finals btw Wink.
And I see no problems in creating new armies during the tournament if you don't waste too much time (and we had much more time wasters during the qualification Tongue).
And it wasn't forbidden afaik.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »

[Jeronimo] Right Bembe. But seems this was already clear (from what my borhter just told me).

Do you play with several armies each Tournament... or even worse... do you edit new armies while Tournament is running, because your first one doesnt work as you expected?

I admit, i forgot to add the word ONLY about 3 armies, but is OK. This was first FO Tournament.
This requires Time and effort, not an easy task to have it "perfect" at once. I will revise all loose parts and guarantee a more specified ruleset for next months.

THANKS COMMUNITY.

@Villen: I apologize for the moments you had to pass through. First as replacement of Nitrox, and then of Jim. Im not a bad person. I understand this was your first time, only remember next time to confirm your appearance 2 days before Tournament. I hope to meet you again. Please, dont think I consider persons as "Emergency Exits" Tongue
PD: I saw your battle against my brother. You played so well with your elves! I liked how you micromanaged Elf Guards to kill my brother's Wraiths, and your Ice Mage freezing his retreating mummies to destroy them with COLD MAGIC.

@Jim: Did you left because you were angry? or something suddenly happened in your home? Give us an explanation, just remember not to follow your feelings if you exited because were losing. Smiley
I remember first Tournament I wanted to dissapear after losing a battle I was almost winning. Ptolos failed, my strong wiz died at last moments, the Suicide Rule, etc...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:56:51 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »

[Jeronimo] Ghabry, the thing is when you play a opponent and they reach Draw. If Host creates a map, chooses an Army and Joins Battlefield, you should then (as Guest) join the battle remembering what army did he pick (if he played with his 3 armies). Otherwise there is no advantage for Guest, and being Host is always GOOD.

ito maquiesves
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »

but ofcz you only use the 3 pre-made armies or there is no reason to say make 1 army of each race or it should be "use" an army of each race, maybe it wasnt specific in this tournament

but in any tournament that i have organized i have told new players only to use same 3 armies and considered changing armies to be cheating. As stated very clear in the July Tournament. So i hope its not being going on then.
http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-july-t409.0.html
"Every player makes 3 armies one of each race using 9000gc and 30 pts."

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »

[Jeronimo] Right Bembe. But seems this was already clear (from what my borhter just told me).

Do you play with several armies each Tournament... or even worse... do you edit new armies while Tournament is running, because your first one doesnt work as you expected?

I didn't take part this time, so....no Wink

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2009, 04:30:37 PM »

"Every player makes 3 armies one of each race using 9000gc and 30 pts."
Sure but this wasn't mentioned in the Fair Omen ruleset Wink. I would say: Time to update it.

And I never have more them 1 army per race because I'm lazy *g*

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2009, 04:37:19 PM »

[Jeronimo]

@Flak: something like your message for July, i should have written. Not "you need" because refers to "as minimum". But yes "you must make 1 of each race..." it approacehs to the idea.

@Bembelimen: I was referring to all your Past Tournament participations, not this one. My question was general, not specific.

@Alavet: Im not angry with you, and please not angry with me. It was my mistake not specifying well. I still like you. Wink
I prefer to the one to write you this message (about Tournament multi-armies). Otherwise you would have to read my brother replies to what happened, and believe me, he wasnt going to be "gentle".
I just tried to be the less offensive possible.

ito maquiesves
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2009, 04:46:32 PM »

@Bembelimen: I was referring to all your Past Tournament participations, not this one. My question was general, not specific.

Depends which tournament, in some it was forbidden, in one or two it was allowed...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: