April 23, 2024, 01:07:02 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
1  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: December 07, 2016, 09:57:30 PM
looks good,cant wait to play best game ever on a newer engine
2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: December 07, 2016, 09:14:25 PM
good to hear that new engine is still being worked on,if its the same project a saw screens from a good while back it looked very promising

the screenys from the new maps also look so yummy
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: December 07, 2016, 08:11:00 AM
this looks amazing!  the things you guys do with this old gem...
4  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: GOG lobby to see Dark omen on this site? on: December 07, 2016, 08:09:02 AM
i saw they have sothr on gog now,sadly no dark omen.
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: GameRanger: a new place to play Dark Omen online on: October 19, 2012, 11:29:49 PM
thx for the helpfull vid and the link to the tourn

if i can get a few games going in the comming days and everything runs stable ill sign up Smiley
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: GameRanger: a new place to play Dark Omen online on: October 19, 2012, 03:42:57 PM
since i just got dark omen running again i installed gameranger and added a few of the people i remember playing with in the past.

if there are people that i did not add who are still playing often feel free to add me,i will try to be online most of the comming days as id like to verify that mp will be working for me :p

my nick is tovertrut and if i find out where i can see my id ill post that 2 :p

*******Update*******************************

GR ID = 559124

7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Dark Omen 2 released (beta) on: October 19, 2012, 03:25:58 PM
i had long since given up on dark omen because nothing i tried would get it to run after i bought a new graph card.

but a month or so ago i went from windows xp to win 7 and decided to try it again,and it worked!! yayz.

when i visited the site i was very happy to see u guys made a complete mod with the new races,looks great and i am going to test it out.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: New Balance revamped on: January 13, 2010, 03:32:12 AM
artillery that can move was needed in this game.
9  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 12, 2010, 03:09:50 PM
avalet makes some good points,where he talk about teleporting behind an enemy and charging their rear or flank would mean certain retreat.this could be very op(tho i haven't tried it)id like to see it in action

does a vampire have screaming fireball?i thought only bright wizard has this awesome spell.

the wraiths can be send fleeing from the battle if u keep up the chase even when u cant hurt them,but do keep in mind that they are faster then infantry,so u would need a cav unit(or an equally fast unit:ogre/troll/...)
10  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 11, 2010, 06:38:30 PM
well,i played the mod and had good fun

im still not fully convinced that the vampire is a good idea and have my doubts about the wraights(tho i was able to defeat em without magic)so maybe it isnt as bad as i thought

the snotlings look like space invaders because they only have front pose atm wich i find super funny :p

and the wagon just looked super sweet!the teams of 3trolls and 6scorpions also perform well and tho their cost has also increased alot they give greenskins some nice punching power.

a tournament of this would be a good test to see if theres a race that is overpowered.
11  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 11, 2010, 02:11:52 PM
good points,pistoliers would prob work.

well i gues ill now keep my quiet at least until ive played it Wink
12  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 11, 2010, 02:00:31 PM
realy cool about the ogres,tho realy how can u kill a unit if none of ur units can catch him?it may have been claimed before that such a unit can kill all mages but thats because they werent mounted,since a vampire before had the same movement speed as cav,i dont see how id ever catch one that has increased movement speed.

i def plan to try this mod,i wana have a feel for the new greenskins u created.it looks like uve done an amazing job with them.

i truly do wonder if ill enjoy having that vamp around,as if i could change 1 thing to nnormal dark omen multiplayer it would have been reduce vamps movement speed to that of a normal mage,and taking it the other way stuns me in place :p

(sorry if my concerns about that vamp seem like critisism,as that is not how i mean it :p)
13  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 11, 2010, 01:37:45 PM
oke im realy confused on wether u mean wights or wraiths?as the knights totaly shouldnt die when they flee(dont remeber if they do :s)but the ghosts realy should because of their physical immunity,they may be weak but their physical immunity makes em worth it if used correctly.

and also not answered does the mounted vampire still have his magic?as he was already extremely difficult to catch on foot(often a vamp teleports between ur whole army and still gets out just by using the charge thing since hes so freaking fast and manouverable) if u have a mounted vampire with magic even cav wont be able to catch him(2rgiments witch same speed,the one with lesser units can manouver way better so an expierenced played can manouver in such ways he is impossible to catch unless he gets cornered by several enemy fastmoving units)

to me a mounted vampire that can cast already seems like 250% black grail.not so much 95% together with another heavy cav.

the ogres are something that bothered me from start with dark omen,they are supposed to cause fear,even their description ingame says they cause fear,yet they dont.this could use some fixing.and id miss the dwaves :p they r awsome to protect siege.
14  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 10, 2010, 05:04:07 PM
not having played this its hard to have an opinion about it...but i always have opinions :p

i think switching the black grail for another heavy cavalery is a good thing,as they were way to powerful in multiplayer battles,but making the most op unit in the game(vampire)even stronger blows my mind(unless u removed his spells or something)

im not sure i fully understand this sentence:
first of all, the "discoverent" is that the wraiths doesnt have to died when route, nowhere is mentioned or the pharse that zombies and wights have that say they died cause of the magic vincule. so that makes ower coward wraiths some thing to be takken in serius..

do u mean wraiths would die when they flee?cause that would be kinda bad,now making them flee is only way to kill them if u dont have magic items/users if they wouldnt be fast fleeing cowards that die when they get routed people would be forced to have magic items in every army.

the snotlings sound like a cool unit to try new strategys with,and i cant wait to see their wagon in action,it sounds like a fun and funny thing to bring to the fray.greenskins indeed flee a bit fast,and they often seem the weakest of the 3 usable armies,but giving them a boss unit when ur removing the one from undead would just change the balance and make greenskins to powerful?

as for humans,i feel they are being put down in this,the undead lose their boss unit but get a strong replacement cav unit + a freaking mounted vampire,the greenskins only get upsides,but the empire seems to only lose good units...

ow and the blood dragon does look pretty sweet Wink
15  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: adding units to orc, for multiplayer mod. on: January 10, 2010, 12:26:47 PM
looks very cool,only the green may be a little to fluo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8