April 23, 2024, 09:56:43 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 149
2116  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How did you come to play Dark Omen on: February 26, 2009, 01:14:18 PM
I first started out collecting the Odd 40k Orkz Nobz!

Then progressed onto the PC to play Final Liberation and Shadow of The Horned Rat then Dark Omen

and along the way I pretty much purchased and played any similar Fantasy Game but none compared to Dark Omen.

Such as:-

Warrior Kings -Some of the best AI you ever see, for instance in Command and Conquer we would always build a Front Line Wall and Funnel in the Enenmy. However, the AI in Warrior Kings would see this and not attack your front gate but go round the back where the defense was weaker and then set light to your Walls!

Lord of Rings - (Slate me if u like but if u have ever played it, then u can appreciate how it did have Cavarly Charge from Rear and Sides , that would affect Polearms enenmies, as well as having magic and archers etc. The Best Mode was versus 2 AI oppenents that would be set to Extreme diffficulty and 10,000 units. As both Sets of AI had different troops, so combined they made a Formiddable Opponent.

Shogun, Rome, Barbarian and Medieval and Medival 2 - No Magic or Attack Ground but i love them and one of the original Dark Omen Artists (Tresdern) went onto to work on Shogun. - I Mod these Games and cant wait for The Call of Warhammer Mod.

Dawn of War - Good graphics (as first game to have such detailed 3d sprites) but shallow on tactics (only Differing Terrain) so I prefer Company of Heroes and I Mod them Both.

2117  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 26, 2009, 01:20:14 AM
These New Dwarf XBowmen are Armed with Swords but also carry the XBow

on their Backs until they have to Fire!

Any Colour/Weapon Combination is Now Available and Hammers/Slayers on Way:-

1) Original Blue Axe, Sword, XBow Dwarfs.

2) Heavy Armoured Axe, Sword, XBow Dwarfs.

2) Bare Skin Axe, Sword, XBow Dwarfs.

Cool

2118  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow Of The Horned Rat on: February 25, 2009, 09:55:07 PM
I Always recommend playing on on ePSXe a Playstation Emulation, that will

run on your pc.

As the Graphics are more 3d (like Dark Omen) rather than 2D on the PC version.

Smiley

2119  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 25, 2009, 02:26:14 AM
I agree and we could always overwrite an Un-Used Single Player Campaign Character like

Peasant Rabble or Black Avengers, as a Temporary Measure, until we want/if to add them to Multiplayer.

So for the Heads and Portraits and Speech we could replace with Modified Dwarves , perhaps.

All of this would require a Future Patch or at least the Download would contain a few Orginal Files to return

the Game to Normal.

However, we aren't ready for Such things , just yet as we would Roll loads of Mods Together into 1 Ultimate Patch.

So for now, we can attempt to import the New Dwarf Sprites and their Banners.

Smiley

2120  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 25, 2009, 01:48:19 AM
They are all done and Ready(maybe a Few Sword Touch-Ups) for Myself and Ghabry to Add as New Units.

So Dwarf Hammers Next!

Inspired From Shadow Of The Horned Rat Units.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tactical-wargaming-and-other-warhammer-games/shadow-of-the-horned-rat-t121.0.html

Smiley

2121  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 25, 2009, 12:54:35 AM
So How do we Get these into the Game?

Luckily there are 12 Empty Spaces to Insert New Units into DarkOmen.

(Thanks Ghabry)

List of unused Spritefiles: (can be pasted in the <sprite>-section of the wh32edit-database.xml for easier setting in the editor ^^)
Peasant 1-3 are not unused sprites (but have forgotten them Cheesy).
You can use the Spritefiles by naming them ST_ImpSwordsman.spr e.g. (and set to this sprite in Wh(3)2Edit).

<item value="59">Peasant 1</item>
      <item value="5a">Peasant 2</item>
      <item value="5e">Peasant 3</item>
      <item value="19">ST_ImpSwordsman</item>
      <item value="22">ST_ReiksKnight</item>
      <item value="27">ST_BrokenWagon</item>
      <item value="29">ST_ZZNewPlyr3</item>
      <item value="2a">ST_ZZNewPlyr4</item>
      <item value="2b">ST_ZZNewPlyr5</item>
      <item value="2c">ST_ZZNewPlyr6</item>
      <item value="3b">ST_ZZNewGreen1</item>
      <item value="3c">ST_ZZNewGreen2</item>
      <item value="3d">ST_ZZNewGreen3</item>
      <item value="3e">ST_ZZNewGreen4</item>
      <item value="3f">ST_ZZNewGreen5</item>
      <item value="40">ST_ZZNewGreen6</item>
      <item value="45">ST_Vampiress</item>
      <item value="53">ST_ZZNewUndead3</item>
      <item value="54">ST_ZZNewUndead4</item>
      <item value="55">ST_ZZNewUndead5</item>
      <item value="56">ST_ZZNewUndead6</item>
      <item value="5b">ST_ZZNewOther3</item>
      <item value="5c">ST_ZZNewOther4</item>
      <item value="5d">ST_ZZNewOther5</item>
      <item value="5f">XST_LastSprite</item>

These means that we could incorporate these Preliminary Dwarf Sprites as some of the 12 Slots.

and Replace them as we get Better! And it Saves us having to overwrite any Existing Original Sprites.

Smiley

2122  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 25, 2009, 12:11:17 AM
Heavy Armoured Axe Dwarf, Leading his Troop of Dwarf Rune Swordsmen!

Cool
2123  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 24, 2009, 07:07:34 PM
These are all the Original Dwarf Sprite Frames for Comparison.

Cool
2124  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 24, 2009, 06:15:25 PM
I made them all using Rob's Rdose Sprite Editor and GIMP (Free Paint Program),

Cool
2125  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Dwarves on: February 24, 2009, 05:55:45 PM
Since Dark Omen only has 1 Unit Of Dwarves, your Army will all look the Same,

Here are some initial Repaints of Dwarves, that I may eventually alter their Axe Weapons

to a Rune Sword or Hammer (Weapon +1) etc..

Or one of the Dwarves could be used as a Replacement for Bernhardt, in a Dwarf Campaign.

Smiley

These Pictures Show the Original Blue Dwarves but also some Dwarfs
Wearing the new Armour of The Beard inspired by Shadow Of The Horned Rat

and Their New Leader who is Bare Skinned

(Future Gotrek with Orange Hair and Tattoos!).

Notice their Armoured Dwarves' Shields are Different as well.

In This Picture I've swapped around the Units, so that The Armoured Dwarf is the Leader of a Bare Skin Troop.

Now this  Unit of Dwarves have a "Warder's Cloak from the Wheel Of Time" as their Clothes take on the Scenary,

like Active Cammo!

(A mistake by using the Background Colour of RDose as the Colour of their Clothes but good become Very Usefull in Future)

Wink

2126  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 24, 2009, 03:09:36 PM
Well seeing as it's your Birthday! We will let u off, for not being able to Show up!

Smiley

However, I think it maybe too late to change for another Day (Sunday) and changing

to an earlier Time, may not help, as the Tournaments can take 2-3hrs to complete.

(If you're Lucky(Skilled) enough to make it all the way to the Finals!)

Wink

Unless we can re-arrange, I think you'll have to wait for Next Month's Tournament.

Sorry Bro... as you do play a Great Game and would be Glad to have you Participating.

Smiley

Have  a Cool Birthday!

Smiley

2127  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 23, 2009, 02:27:53 AM
After selecting my new Greenskin Army for 5000/15 when i found myself picking 4 Orc biguns as they

were the natural choice to have and kind of made me not want to select any of the lesser used units

that would actually increase Tactics and Gameplay etc..

So its good that now I may have to Purchase a Spider/Boar or Orc Boyz with an Item.

The 3 Archer Rule is another Welcomed Rule,

Smiley

Anything to avoid Spamming of Units!

Smiley

2128  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: February 23, 2009, 01:56:15 AM
MadMax's Wight, just Refused to Acknowledge the Odds!

Smiley

2129  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: February 23, 2009, 12:10:50 AM
MadMax's Elves Fought Bravely against My Greenskins!

Smiley
2130  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Hi guys...Do you know how awesome this game is?! on: February 21, 2009, 12:56:05 AM
Welcome!

A Great Time to Join.

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 149