May 01, 2024, 12:11:53 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
151  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 30, 2009, 08:47:58 PM
Tutorial is done Smiley
Check it out.
152  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Making videos of DO on: September 30, 2009, 08:22:57 PM
Hello everybody,

Here I'd like to write my little tutorial about how to make a video using another software — CamStudio it is called.
It is very simple, and gives good results.

Ok.
First, you have to download and install the program itself from its official website — http://camstudio.org/
(don't forget to donate if you find it useful Wink even a couple of bucks matters, cause «many a little makes a mickle»).

After installing it you have to configure it.
First we set the correct region.
Go to «Region» → «Fixed region...» and set the options as in the image below:

Press "Ok"

Then we configure the video options (codec type, and quality).
Go to «Options» → «Video options» and follow the instruction of the image below

Then press on the «Configure» button of this window, and make some changes in the codec options.
(I made several variations with that, until I found the best proportion of quality/video size);
Make it all like in the image:

Now it's ok with that.

After all you have to make CamStudio Record sound.
Go to «Options» → «Record sound from speakers...».

Although Windows Vista users may have problems with that.
If you get an error message saying «Waveout-blah-blah error», then you have to do next.

Right-Click on the Windows sound icon in the bottom-right bar, and go to the «Recording Devices».
There you have to right-click again to make sure that both «Show Disabled Devices» and «Show Disconnected Devices» are checked.
Then you have to disable a «Microphone» and enable the «Stereo Mix» (see the image below).
After that turn on CamStudio's «Options» → «Record Audio From Microphone» and the sound will be recorded.

Important: Keep in mind that this setting has probably turned off your native microphone device. And if you'll need it, just go to «Recording Devices» again, and make the reverse operation.

Now it's done.

You may press «Record» and then Alt-Tab to Dark Omen, and try to test your first video.
After it's done and saved, you may wish to cut some visual crap from the begginning and the end of the video.
I use a programm that Ghabry advised us to use — Avidemux 2.4. I find it very easy to use and fast.

After that you may upload your video to YouTube and it'll be shown in a pretty good quality.

(If you have some problems or questions, don't hesitate to write here).

Cheers.

153  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament September on: September 30, 2009, 07:32:09 PM
Hey, so what about videos? Wink
154  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Video Encoding Discussion on: September 29, 2009, 08:42:45 PM
BTW, are you the only one who screencasts the battles? That's bad cause we're getting like ¼ of all interesting stuff.
I hope that after all, more players (including champion Alavet) will start making videos too. I bet it's worth it Smiley
155  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Video Encoding Discussion on: September 29, 2009, 08:39:33 PM
Gharby, my tutorial will be written soon. I've just made all necessary screenshots.
Just would like to host them at your side, if it's ok  Undecided
156  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: September 29, 2009, 08:11:31 PM
I know that wiki is created for everyone to participate... But when it's about points in a ruleset, then, hey, I'd prefer it to be done by the admin and very carefully Smiley
Please could you change at least the trolls' costs? I'd like to create an experimental army, with 3 trolls Cheesy (and save one point, which I can't do now)
157  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Problems after removing F.O. patch on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:25 PM
Yes, that guide rocks. Thanks Olly!
158  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: September 29, 2009, 12:37:40 PM
Afaik there were no new discussions in this topic so we don't have to update the table.

You've decided that Trolls cost 2/0/0, and It's still 2/1/1 in the wiki. Etc.
Or this was only an idea?
159  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: September 29, 2009, 12:49:30 AM
And one more question...
In this format player cannot buy more than 3 regiments of one type, can he?
160  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: September 29, 2009, 12:44:16 AM
Could you please update the point-prices in the wiki?
161  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Problems after removing F.O. patch on: September 28, 2009, 10:09:31 PM
Hey, guys.
I think I did it! Smiley
However I need a good test on that.

I just lokked into the topic Ultimate Dark Omen XP/Vista Game Fixes  http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-game-fixes-t111.0.html
And as far as I have 64-bit OS, I've read this:
 However, for Vista 64,  the regedit settings need to be in
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ElectronicArts\DarkOmen\1.0\Options\Options]
    and not in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options
    "Selected"="1"
    "SoftwareSelected"="228"
    where  the Fix tries to place them. Manually create New String Data "Selected"="1" and"SoftwareSelected"="228"
    if they are missing from your Options Folder (perhaps due to Admin Permission and may be in Virtual Store).

And made it.

And it worked Smiley

But it seems extremely weird for me that I never did this when I instaled Do for the first time. And everything was fine.
Hmm...
162  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Problems after removing F.O. patch on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:08 PM
System Restoe didn't help either.
163  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Problems after removing F.O. patch on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:51 PM
Eh. Bembelimen once sayed something like that: do not use ISO drive before launch game, only after intro (which will not apear if you dont have ISO/CD in drive). So, if crash fix didnt help - maybe it will??

Didn't work Sad

And: did you uninstalled DO correctly?

I did it as usual: Control Panel → Unistall Programm.
Or is there any other correct way to uninstall it?

LOL, if nothing will help just reinstall OS.

No thanks. I like my OS, it makes funny noises when I start it Smiley

And why havn't you created a backup of the engrel before applying the FO-Patch :/.

I thought it's not necessary cause I can always reinstall DO Smiley
But it appeard it was not that true.
164  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Problems after removing F.O. patch on: September 28, 2009, 06:54:07 PM
Hello guys,
I've just experienced big problem after re-patching back the EngRel.exe (following the instruction in .doc-file of F.O.Mod).
I uderstood that something's wrong when I couldn't play Multiplayer at all. (never connected anybody)
Then I unistalled DO and installed again.
I have Windows 7, so I put d3drm.dll in PRG_ENG.
But that doesn't work. (although it worked in the first time).
Black screen after the intro.
I used Intro Crash Fix — didn't help.
Unisntalled and installed again, and did the whole process again — nothing.

I would appreciate if someone could help me to reanimate Warhammer.
Thanks.
165  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Video Encoding Discussion on: September 28, 2009, 05:52:10 PM
«p.s. and i'm also from Russia ;-)»

I'm from Ukraine Smiley But I share a great russian language with you.
Sipax is from Russia too Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12