May 18, 2024, 05:54:12 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66
886  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Sound problem on: February 27, 2009, 11:57:16 PM
We don't know many people who have this problem. You could try to update your soundcard driver.
Try also reducing the Sound-Accleration (I have no English Windows so the text is guessed):
Control Panel -> Sound and Audiodevices -> Advanced -> System performance
Move the Sound-Acceleration Slider to the Left (you can also try the second one (Convert-Quality).

Edit:
@olly
It looks like that some voices (Goblins, Treeman) are just filtered output of the normal voices. In one mission I had e.g. an Orc speaking with Goblin Voices and also Klaus one time Cheesy.
887  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 27, 2009, 01:24:00 AM
64bit System has different path? wtf...
thx Microsoft for this great idea! (same crap with 64bit progs installed to Program Files (x64) and 32bit to Program Files...)
888  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 26, 2009, 03:39:02 PM
The Vista Crashfix adds a "Force DDraw" and "RunAsAdmin" to the "Dark Omen"-Part of Windows Compatibility Manager (Microsoft already added a fix btw which adds Dark Omen to the Vista Game Explorer Wink).
The Crashfix writes to the regedit path you mentioned, yes. There shouldn't be any other path... Or do you mean the VirtualStore-Path in HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Because Dark Omen is redirected when it tries to write to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (you have to run the program as Admin to avoid this).
889  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: how i can install? on: February 26, 2009, 12:08:17 AM
Try the compatibility mode and set it to Win98.
Or your CD is broken.
890  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Intro crash or black ground on: February 25, 2009, 09:37:33 PM
Try the Vista Crashfix OR try to run Dark Omen with Admin rights. (The Vista Crashfix can't be found in the Vista article (have to add it...))

Edit: You can now find it in the Vista article
891  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 25, 2009, 09:13:53 PM
sorrow joined the Tournament (he has some login problems at the moment)
892  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How did you come to play Dark Omen on: February 25, 2009, 08:54:07 PM
I found Dark Omen in the same collection bembe had (but I also liked Airline Tycoon and Heart of Darkness in this collection besides CnC and Future Cop Cheesy)
893  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: February 25, 2009, 02:17:22 AM
Don't forget that we can only change Sprites and Banners (never tested) without overwriting anything of Dark Omens original files.
Changing the Book Description (and Unit Names) needs EngRel.exe-modifying. The Pictures in the book (except Banners) only by overwriting original files. About the 3D Head: Unsure.
894  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: February 23, 2009, 03:00:06 AM
You can find the file now in the Download Section:
Hier, Here and AquĆ­
895  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Hi guys...Do you know how awesome this game is?! on: February 21, 2009, 12:28:40 AM
Welcome!
You can find all mods in the Download Section

I recommend the Map Patch and DOC111.
The first one allows you to play all maps in Multiplayer Mode and the other one contains many mods but it's a bit old (~1998).
There is no Map Editor at the moment, sorry.

Edit:
Flak also released a Mod called Goblin Campaign. It allows you to play the normal campaign with goblin units (and against other enemy units like empire).
896  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 20, 2009, 08:27:33 PM
Why do you say that runefang seems to do half damages and not double?
Have you seen this problem with empirical experiences?
Yes.
No, we (I) never tested it but it looks like (because units with runefang are always really bad)

Concerning the tank, what do you mean exactly?
And can he charge, crushing enemies, like this is written in the notice?
Yes.
No, I mean just drive near the archers and they will follow the tank and "attack" him (you can use his cannon to kill the enemy (or CHARGE!!!))

Btw, saying elves are bad archer is bullshit. : O
Against fast units the Crossbows are better but on the other hand the elves shoot much faster (and you can also set every target manual if you have enough time for it (guess where the enemy will be when your arrows reach the ground), (same with mortar but mortar is easier to control imo))

100!!!
897  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 20, 2009, 03:49:08 PM
So, I Think I will retry with, of course, Morgan with Runefang,
Canon disapointed me, and the Tank have a too short range to be really usefull.

Tank is very useful to prevent the archers from shooting at your other units ^^.
And we are not really sure but it looks like that the runefang damage to undead is halfed and not doubled.
898  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 19, 2009, 09:49:57 PM
Crossbows are no problem for a mage (the change for teleport is quite high with Ashur and LV2)
And I'm also against LV2 mages. What about a LV2 Vampire with Zombie Cast Spell... Then you always have to buy a Horn of Urgok :/ (3 Points!). But imo the zombies are then the smallest problem Wink
899  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Introduction:0 on: February 17, 2009, 05:29:53 PM
Welcome Mudkipling.
Good to see that our small community is increasing more and more.
900  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Post test on: February 17, 2009, 03:53:18 PM
You can use the "Preview"-Button for testing purposes.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 66