March 29, 2024, 08:27:05 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3
16  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Table Top Recreations. Need help! on: June 06, 2019, 09:48:33 PM
Good to be back!

Those troop entries have been useful for the most part, though the banners on display are the low detail, in battle icons rather then the full ones shown in the roster in-game.
I think perhaps i should try to get the old game running again, And have another crack at beating SotHR while I'm at it... I just find that game relentless hard compared to Dark Omen.

I really wish GoG would get Dark Omen on their store already and in working order for simplicity and convenience sake.
If i did play myself though I;d have my phone handy to take screen shots that way  Grin
17  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Table Top Recreations. Need help! on: June 05, 2019, 10:46:47 PM
Wow, really had been a long time since i was last on here, glad to see people are still on here and Dark Omen is still being worked on, absolutely amazing.  Grin

I've still been working on my own project related to both Dark Omen and Shadow of the Horned Rat, and while my earlier work left a lot to be desired (not to say my current skill has no room to grow, far from it!) I feel im at a point now where i can make a legitimate attempts at recreating the Grudgebringer army, and it's allies into table top form set in Warhammer's 8th edition (because sod Age of Sigmar and its round bases!)

however I've run into a bit of a snag, several actually, finding the art assets for each regiment and their leaders portraits has been immensely challenging and at points downright impossible, I've even taken to try and watch youtube walkthroughs and pausing the videos just to take screen shots for reference.

So i come to you, the Dark Omen community with a request, I am looking to get my hands on a complete catalog of images of Regimental Banners, Regimental leader portraits (possibly outside of their borders in the case of Dark Omen), In-game Regimental entries and in-game sprite models. So that i maybe able to better recreate the regiments as close to the source material as humanly possible.

Greenstuff, third parts component makers (Anvil Industries have been great for human heads!) and a catalog of miniatures from today to the 80's have and will be used in this undertaking but i need the images to see this passion project through.

Naturally I will happily post any and all progression of the units here on the site as well as some older attempts the younger me has all those years with limited resources (I'm talking pocket money, blue tac and kit bashing all while not knowing what the point of undercoating, overcoating and basing was, these Grudgebringer Crossbowmen looks A LOT different last year)

Thank you for you're time, Also for those that would like to chat i can be reached on Discord, just add me: Dusty#9557
18  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: Hello on: July 03, 2016, 10:37:34 PM
Heya MeteorBear!

Still got my copies on the ol' ps1 though the PC versions trump them for the most part (though you wont have to jump through hoops to get the PS ports to run hehe)

Just wait till you get to play the fan made content, blew my socks off at what's been done and looking forward to more. Grin
19  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: May 09, 2016, 10:44:26 AM
That's also good news! means things wont ever look out of place!
Though do these same colour limitations effect terrain as well? I mean granted you can make some superb looking terrain from the smallest of colour pallets available but again, too much details will over do it, the screenshots of the terrain already made look very nice though!
20  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: May 01, 2016, 02:36:05 AM
Impressive stuff there Olly, I just hope that in converting the models from the newer games, the art style is able to remain intact, otherwise things may look like you'd be mixing in Wolfenstien 3D sprits in with a more modern shooter.

Too much contrast in a games assets can make things feel... off, like a cheaply made 'unity asset flip' game, a game not matching the sum of its parts so to speak.
21  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: April 24, 2016, 12:18:38 AM
Any new developments?

I maybe a little eager to have something to do seeing as blizzard have been rather slim on the wow content pickings, a bit of pixel art would certainly pass the time hehe!  Grin

Had a few things in mind, like halflings, chaos dwarves, chaos, demons, Lizardmen... pretty much everything that's not been done yet really ^^
22  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What is currently happening with DO? on: April 01, 2016, 07:55:48 PM
That's some very exciting news!

I hope the programs for creating new sprites and heads will be easy enough to use with guides, the more user friendly the programs turn out the faster we can make new things with less stress!  Grin

It would be amazing if we end up eventually being able to make all of the Warhammer armies for DO and have all sorts of new and interesting battlefields and terrain to play with.
23  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / What is currently happening with DO? on: March 31, 2016, 02:32:14 AM
Hey folks!

I'm curious about a few things with DO at the moment or rather what this community is currently doing with new mods, DO2 and other such things.

What's currently being worked on?
Are there positions / jobs that are in demand?
Are things still being worked on?
What can people do to help with DO projects at this time?
Are things like Artists, Programmers, Voice Actors and other roles needed?

Pretty much bringing someone curious up to speed with things, I mean from all the mods and such that Olly showed me when he helped me reinstall DO to my rig here, you lot have put in a lot of time and effort into the various projects, even fully functional (if rather hard) campaigns for other armies and such, but I hope there is more planned and being worked on for the future!  Grin
24  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer : Vermintide on: March 25, 2016, 11:23:41 PM
Its Left 4 Dead but the guns are scaled back and the melee actually had depth in you can block and dodge and a lot more levels and missions at the cost of no verses mode.

I'd say its worth your time if you can play games like chivalry or even Team Fortress 2 with a strong team play feel.
25  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Why do you adore Dark Omen? on: March 25, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
I remember when I was young and this game had first came out, my step dad had gotten the game for the PC but didn't think much of it, though my uncle that used to babysit me and my younger brother would always play through it, and he was more then happy to let us watch, was surprisingly effective at keeping us quiet.

I watched every night he was there, playing the game, the campaign, he'd always help the Ogres out, used the mortar on the outlaw infantry after charging them up to tie up as many of the orcs and goblins units in one spot, was hilarious!

Even watched him beat the Dread King for the first time, it really was amazing! or at least it was when I watched, and I remember years later when I got my own computer and a chance to play the game myself, the very same CD that I have to this day, the same jewel case and cardboard box, and beating the Dread King myself and telling my uncle.

I'd say the majority of my love for the game was the amount of time I got to spend with my uncle in a time where things where not so great in the family (divorced family troubles so I didn't see much of my dad) and it was nice to just talk while he played, he never talked down to me, at an age where every other adult would, My uncles probably the man I respect the most in my life Smiley

Hearts and feels aside, Dark Omen still holds up where other Warhammer titles have been and gone, Mark of Chaos? the MMO? like dust in the wind to me and a lot of fans but Dark Omen has stood the test of time.
The game is beautiful, Mark Knight did an amazing job on the music (even got to chat with Mr Knight on YouTube some months back, gave him props for DO, DK and a few other classics, really cool guy!) and while its a little simple by todays standards of gaming for a 1998 release its still a blast to play.
26  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Back after so long, Win 7 issues on: March 25, 2016, 01:55:02 AM
Just wanted to say a massive thanks again for sorting all this out for me Olly!

Maybe when I get used to the controls (so used to more modern RTS and muscle memory) I can see you on the battlefield!
27  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Back after so long, Win 7 issues on: March 25, 2016, 12:52:54 AM
Just installing teamviewer 11 now, its just taking a little time.
Never used this program so I'm hoping its all safe.
28  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Back after so long, Win 7 issues on: March 25, 2016, 12:40:06 AM
I tried following step 5 though I think I may have messed something up?

I was able to find [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts] but didn't know what to do then.

I think ill pop into the chat instead, think I'd feel better having someone with the knowledge to do so do it rather then me ending up breaking my PC  Grin if that's not too much trouble of course!

TeamViewer?
29  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Back after so long, Win 7 issues on: March 24, 2016, 11:59:41 PM
Hey and thanks Olly!

Erm, I'm not too sure what importing the fix guild's registry means, I'm still not very computer savvy  Embarrassed
30  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Back after so long, Win 7 issues on: March 24, 2016, 06:44:14 PM
Hey folks, couldn't believe when I saw the last time id posted on here was all the way back in 2009!

It's nice to see a few of the names I remember, Olly and Ghabry, are still keeping this site going Cheesy

Anyways, after a long time away ive decided I want to get back into DO and tried to reinstall it onto my Windows 7, 64 bit rig (I don't trust Win 10!) but ive run into a lot of issues...

The first was the d3drm.dll missing which I sorted after some fiddling about, dropping the file into the Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Windows > System and boom, the PC finally understands what this relic from the past is!  Grin

Next I followed the installation instructions given on the forum by Olly: http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html
Up to point 3, it took a few minutes to move the new files in for the  expansion data but on launching the game I have the usual *BOOM* electronic arts *acid noise for Games Workshop* then the words that will be forever engraved into my mind ''And it will be a time of great strife, when the moons are united in darkness, and the dead shall walk the earth once more...'' Gets me every time! Wink

Sadly after either Left Clicking or pressing the ESC key the main menus music will chime in yet the game itself will be frozen! on a ALT + ALT + DEL input to exit the game (the only way I could at this point) and open the task manager, the game is apparently not responding.  Embarrassed

I've spent the better part of 4 hours trying different methods, from using DoSBox and using a file to using my original CD to install the game, and every time I get to the same roadblock of the game outright refusing to get past the intro, no main menu, no gameplay, just the music and a frozen screen.  :'(

I really wish GOG would have DO on its library... since they have SOTHR, Chaos Gate, Final Liberation and even Rites of War! where's the DO?!? its like playing DOOM without the BFG 9000 not being in the game!

Anyways, if anyone can help a long time player and fan of the game get this running Id be massively grateful, I've also been working more on my Tabletop army based around SOTHR and DO regiments and would love to share my work on here... it really had been took long since I was last here... Sad

Many thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3