April 16, 2024, 12:22:45 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3]
31  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / My Tribute To BloodBowl! on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:13 AM
bloodbowl's game has only resently been released here in the UK, i was there at the store and brought it on release day, soon as i got home i was on that game for ages, loved it! though im not that good at it... yet...

anyways, i loved the game so much i actually drew somthing for it! a little tribute to bloodbowl! enjoy!
http://armoured-lemming.deviantart.com/art/Blood-Bowl-Tribute-137936808
while your there, you can, if you have the urge too, take a look at my other works, i do plan on doing warhammer related things at some point too...
A-L
32  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What means your NickName on: September 24, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
dunno where exactly my name came from, figured it has a nice ring to it though, just be because of my favorate video game character, Sparkster, though he's an opposum, i suppose lemming could come from my approach to some games, charge head first  Grin
33  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Achievements on: September 24, 2009, 02:14:42 AM
also possibly some in-game achevements would be hillarious to have, very much similar to the xbox360 series of achevements.

for example...
Ooops... : acidentally kill 5 of any creature on your own side yet -still- win a battle (online) (10pts)
hot streak: 3 victories in a row (online ) (10pts)
Mass Murder: completely destroy 5 or more opposing regiments in a single battle (online) (20pts)
White Wash: completely destroy all of your opponents regiments in a single battle (online) (50pts)

i could go on with the list there, maybe even have the achevements in another tab along with the player, a profile even, ticking off the verious achevements earned so as not to clutter there forum posts.
34  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Orc Boar Charriot -Beta on: August 01, 2009, 09:56:53 AM
the wood change to the cart itself was the icing on the cake for this one and looks superb! oooh i hope a goblin charriot could make its way into the game in the future, and common goblins too for that matter hehe!
35  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: dark elfs on: August 01, 2009, 09:51:56 AM
a mighty fine job on the Dark elves yah did there Barprus ^^ the classic chainmail armour and purple tones are the best for the darkelves!  Grin
36  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Hamachi & Windows Vista. on: April 04, 2009, 03:26:40 AM
well im not much of a tech head with firewalls and other such computer tecko-mumbojumbo (i know some of you much be pulling your hair out when i dont understand these things hehe) plus my XP PC is far easier to use for running it, to be honest my laptop will throw a hissy fit over anything really haha, plus i can type and chat on my laptop here and use my PC to play at the same time, as i currently have the problem where i go to the windows while DO is still running and try to go back on it, the game crashes (hense my somewhat sluggish replonce time when trying to get a game online, i have to keep restarting DO *doh*) so its for the best in the long run either way i suppose Smiley

im still determined to learn all this stuff though hehe, dispite it feeling like it'll be the final thread on a very thin rope that is my patience and sanity for these machines or tornent an anguish *punts bill gates off a cliff*
37  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Hamachi & Windows Vista. on: April 01, 2009, 04:50:47 AM
Hi ya'll, ive been rather concerned regarding hamachi, since ive been using it on my laptop my computer seams to be struggling alot more with certain things such as graphics, running FPS on just about all of my games, and generally acting as though its a virus ridden mess.

its certainly not my intention to worry anyone as i know for a fact its vista, as it usually has 'compatability' issues with certain programs and is, as a whole, a control freak Nazi machine, as my friend 'Drev' showed me, certain programs can conflict with the settings of a computer, for example, 'graboid' interfers with 'World of Warcraft' for some odd reasons, and i beleve getting dark omen and more to the point, Hamachi to run on this loonie of a program to be causing hardware issues.

fear not however as i have a cunning plan that would make a goblin dumbfounded, im gonna get my old XP computer worked, updated and 'tinkered' with to get it to run dark omen and hamachi instead! and use my laptop to still be on this forum, and chat, best of both works in a way right?

but my question to you all is this, have any of you had similar problems with your computers when running other programs and had this kind of 'clashing' before?
A-L  Wink
38  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / the game that never was... Warhammer 40000: GorkaMorka on: March 07, 2009, 12:38:40 AM
When i was somewhat younger, before the age of the playstation 2, there where promises of a new Warhammer 40000 game based on a rather entertaining skirmish battle game set in the warhammer universe entitles GorkaMorka.

for those not some seasoned gamers, gorkamorka was pritty much like this, a space hulk full of orkz are on there way to 'the big waaargh', which basicly means the big ork war, this is generally a bad thing for the imperium as orks are not rather fussy about who they pick there fights with, to an ork, war is one of the few pleasures of life, they life and die to fight, anyways, for some reason the spacehulk must of run out of juice or somthing because it ended up crashing into a planet, at the time populated by imperial troops, surfice to say the impact on the planet was very negative, the atmosphere changed immediatly, the once civilised humans went threw a prossess of de-volution, turning rather savage, and the orks onboard of space hulk where in a rather bad situation, stranged on a planet with no real hope of getting any help to join the rest of the lads in the big waaargh,
anyway long story short orks love fighting, and in orking 'religion' there are two gods, Gork, who is brutally cunning, and Mork, who is cunningly brutal, and these orks love to fight one another, seeing as there stranged on a barren planet, they may as well make the most of it and do what orks do best i suppose.

but back to the subject at hand, back in the dying time of the dreamcast a game was planned to be released on it called, unsurprisingly enough, Gorkamorka, it was basicly a warhammer equivalent of Mario cart, in that the player would control a vehicle or such and use 'gubbinz' to change verious aspects and abilities of there vehicle, sadly though the timing for the game came at the worse possible time, to quote Wikipedia:

'A video game based on Gorkamorka was planned for the Sega Dreamcast, but was scrapped shortly before the system died.'

and sadly so did the idea for this game, possibly a good thing profit wise as gorkamorka the game, much like Necromunda and Inquisitor, never really took off as a mainstream game, though far be it from myself to place a negative comment on the games themselves, they inspired some truely superbly crafted mobles, conversions and other beauties that are in the games of today!

here is a link to an 'intro' movie, possibly a alpha/beta attempt, its rather comical. and a few screenshots of early playtesting.
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/driving/gorkamorka/video/2664727/gorkamorka-movie-1powered by Aeva

screenshots: http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/10/gorkamorka-dc-cancelled/
39  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: February 17, 2009, 12:06:32 AM
after a few messed up games before hand, myself and MadMaX desided to have a proper game.
my ghouls took a beating and even one unit didnt even make it to combat, but the banner of defiance saved the day and kept my ghouls in the thick of the fighting.

heres Max's archers making a brave final stand, good game mate. Wink
40  Modifications / Troops / Re: idea for new army: Dwarves. on: February 16, 2009, 01:28:31 AM
sadly i never got to far into Shadow of the horned rat, only even got to play the playstation version, which had rather sticky controls, and low unit AI, plus the whole limited unit perchase between battles was very brutal...
usualluy never got far at all into the game as the diffeculty curv was harder then then those of dark omen, and stedily got harder and harder...

also i forgot to mention in that list that the slayers are unbreakable much like the flagellents. ^^ my bad.
41  Modifications / Troops / idea for new army: Dwarves. on: February 15, 2009, 06:35:20 PM
It strikes me that alot of players of the game would like to see some new factions within the dark omen game.
now going all out and making a lizzard or chaos army from scratch maybe a little ambishious, so prohappes somthing thats already within the game, at least the a certain exstent, the dwarves!
below is an army list of how i would go about setting up the stats, special rules, and maybe even colours and images of the sprites for the army, also take note that not all the regiments withing the warhammer game will be included in the list, at least not yet, i want to get the basics down first then we can add the finky stuff as we go!

note: with no cavalry or wizzards in the dwarf army, standing alone the dwarves are very much a defensive army as suits there personality, though they certainly are not above hiring cavalry or even wizzards into there army.
note: these rules where taken from the latest edition of the warhammer rule book, and as such maybe somewhat unbalanced compared to the DO series that was set in the 3rd edition, hopefully the stats in the 5th edition wint be to much different.
note: all dwarf units hate all greenskins, and so are less likely to flee when fighting them in melee combat, as you may all have guessed!
Note: some rules have been tweeked for simplicity of programming.

Warriors:
M3  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I2  A1  LD9
armour: 2/3 heavy armour (Shield)
weapons: Standard Axes.
sprites: the standard Dwarf Warrior sprits are perfect.

Quarrelliers:
M3  WS4  BS3  S3  T4  W1  I2  A1  LD9
armour: 1/2 light armour (shield)
Weapons: Crossbow, Standard Axes.
sprites: Standard dwarf Warrior sprites for the maon body, but similar firing animation to the mercenary crossbowmen, mained the arms? +crossbow shot sound.

Thunderers:
M3 WS4 BS3(4) S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 LD9
Armour: 1/2 light armour (shield)
Weapons: Dwarven Handgun, Standard axes.
rules: Dwarven Handgun: 24'' range, S4, +1BS
Sprites: Standard dwarf Warrior sprites for the maon body, but similar firing animation to the mercenary pistoliers, mained the arms? +pistol shot sound.

Cannon:
crew:    M3 WS4 BS4 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 LD9
cannon:                       T7 W3
Armour: 1 light armour      note: for easier programing the standard cannon will suffice i suppose, 1/3
Weapons: Standard axes.
Rules: Gunners Pride: unbreakable.
Sprites: cannon crew is replaces with dwarfen warrior sprites, thats about it.

Grudge Thrower
crew:    M3 WS4 BS4 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 LD9
cannon:                       T7 W3
Armour: 1 light armour      note: for easier programing the standard cannon will suffice i suppose, 1/3
Weapons: Standard axes.
Rules: Gunners Pride: unbreakable.
Sprites: Rock Lobba crew is replaces with dwarfen warrior sprites, thats about it, i didnt pick the mortar cannon sprite as the grudge thrower is a catapult but is basicly the same finction.

Slayers
M3 WS4 BS4 S3(4) T4 W1 I2 A1(2) LD10
Armour: N/A
Weapons: Slayer axes.
Rules:Slayer axes: duel wielding, +1 attack   note: i though the real rule for these weapons would be a little to complex to make into the game, so went for +1 attack for simplicity, in reality befort entering combat the unit can chose what axes they use, either duel wield 2 axes for +1 attack, or use a 2h axe for +1 strength.
slayer:+1 strength        note: again another complex rule, in the real game slayers get strength bonuses for fighting tougher opponents, there strength will match there opponents toughness up to the max of 6 strength, since this would be harder to program i went for a basic +stat instead.
Sprites: similar to dwarf warriors, a little 'thinner' to resemble them having no armour, bright orange beards, there shield arm replaces with another axe holding one, maybe mohawks to be added too to complete the slayer look?

comming soon:
hammerers
daemon slayer
dragon slayer
bolt thrower
miners
ironbreakers
organ gun
flame cannon
gyrocopter
josef bugman

hope you all enjoyed my lil ramblings, cya all soon on the battlefield!
42  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: February 14, 2009, 03:07:33 AM
i would of crushed your lil mage if...
1) units where more mobile then single targets.
2) you didnt spam that shield constantly.
3) you didnt run away like a night goblin.
4) used the rule that mst so and if your mage is last man standing, melee!

waaaargh!!!  Angry Grin lol
43  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: introduction on: February 12, 2009, 11:59:47 AM
 Grin hehe first off lemme thank you all for the warm welcome!
the tournament sounds like fun though i wouldnt mind getting a little practice, you know, get the rust off my sword, been playing the single player campaign and so far ive made it just past the tree man, the know, when steffan vice and his merc pistolies join your army hehe, gotta love that bit, oh and ive taken a look on the chat thing, looks fairly straight forward though im a bit blunt with installing programs, add-ons etc, so ill have to look into this Hamachi program, would like to install all these wonderful things but im a little worried that ill end up wreching the files or somthing equally stupid x3
the goblin campaign sounds awesome by the way flak, i think the game should of had alternative stories then just the humans so you can get to grips with the multiplayer a little easier, but then i suppose practice takes care of that.

A-L  Wink
44  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / introduction on: February 11, 2009, 06:36:41 AM
'ello you lot!
Armoured-lemming here, hehe havent gotten to play dark omen since i was almost half my own age!
closest i could get to the real thing was the old playstation 1 version, but soooo much missed out and only 8 regiments at a time? somthing had to give!
but thanks to this site i can actually get the damned thing working again, *grumbles* thanks bill gates for thinking that gamers dont play the classics, *humpf* up your @r$£ yah git...
anyways hehe, im 19, resident of the great land of england, and im really looking forward to the community here and ofcourse to put up a good fight online and make my uncle proud haha, he completed this game and showed me all kinda of tactics, hehe gotta love the mortar cannon, best damned unit in the game if you can get its timing right.

lookin' farward to giving yah all a good game! A-L
45  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: The most disgusting food ever? on: February 11, 2009, 06:17:59 AM
bloody hell... hehe and i though my chicken, beetroot, gerkin, pickle, tomatoe sause, brown sause, bbq sause, chiili sause sandwiches where of poor taste... *cringed*
Pages: 1 2 [3]