May 04, 2024, 04:59:48 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67
976  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: March 31, 2009, 06:46:57 AM
sign me in sir please
977  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Achievements on: March 31, 2009, 06:23:45 AM
A 4 Skull Elite Troop Fan!
this
978  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 30, 2009, 07:40:16 PM
do you mean 3 battles vs one opponent? or just 3 battles fro msemi-final to championship?

about sprites i think its possible to apply it for all players (like mappack)
979  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 30, 2009, 01:54:50 PM
so my small sugegstions for next tourney:

1) maybe let it go not in one day but within 2-3 days or even more? i mean, i had to make only 5 battles, which definately not enough to say that im really crushing. i mean, for example in first battle i lost - and it might be not only due of my bad armybuild but also from luck or otherwise. maybe huks is the champion, i dont know?

to prevent it, i think we need to icnreasbe q-ty of battles, which might be reached by icnreasment time of play.
for example we may obligate ppl to play 2 battles agaisnt each opponent (which eliminates luck a little). and to get it we may set up tourney for two days: 1st stage (inital group rounds) and second: semi-final and final.

to get it we may make draw for example at 15th of each month and to obligate ppl to play each other untill 28th, where would be decided semi-final participants. it will allow evfery1 to play in preferrable time (except semf/final).

2) every finalist (top3 for example) should post his armies there to allow other ppl to use to invent new tactics and decide whether their points correct or not

3) maybe final should go for 2 or 3 battles?

4) as a reward, maybe allow to finalist to use their own sprite/mode/banner for their armies (with maybe standard characteristics. i.e. just change swordmen sprites for dwarves (special designed by olly)  but remain characteristis the same. is it possible?

3)
980  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 29, 2009, 09:33:47 AM
ok sirs, tx everyone for grats; thanks bembelimen for nice organization (cause without it we'd be unable to know who should play vs whom) and tx every1 for participation.

i have few thoughts about improvment of it though, but i will probably put it a bit later.

as you will see. i dont desrved it 100% (esp. after my 4 Friday battles vs Flaks where he won 3 times of 4), but lets see how it goes:

1) my first match against huks: we chossed map Empire.
well, i can definately say that my UD armybuild really sucs.
from gharby before 30 misn to tournament i heard that most prlayers will possibly have rush armies so then i decided that i def. need a defending army. so every army has a lobber/catapuilt in that way.
its kinda funny, but i never tried sceleton catapuilt before:
x1
x2
x2
x1
x1
x2
p.s. well after reviewing it i see that i still have 1 point left, lol.

so huks had x2 pistoleters x1 flagelant x1 swordmen and x1 something else and maybe something else i hvnt remebered
my slow shit army was unable to do anything against pistoleters and they screwed me like hell. and my catapuilt never hitted, and i found that its VERT slow in firing. maybe like 1 in a roudn or w/e/. from other way it produces fear, but still not enough to compensate how often it miss (and maybe i need more experiments).

so huks owned me, gg

2) my second battle was about bembelimen and i placed my fav. army gaainst him on the map Empire.
x2
x2
x1
x1

bemb had grunt army with artifacts (so it was about 7-8 regiments) and my mortairs just scewed it up. 1st shoot almost killed biguins regiment, 3rd almost killed another regiment and so on. it was funny

3) my third battle was against mr. Shadow, cause we didnt have libertar and i automatically got to semifinal.
map was #5 (hvnt remebred name of it). at this battle i used my orc army:
x2
x2
x2
x1

he had treeman, ice mage, elven bowmen and some elfes with maybe another ground regiment.
battle started with my lobber, it shooted about 2-3 times when i found that elven archers shoots at me from the place i dont see. i immideatly attacked it with cavalry and some bigguys; ice mage had spellbook and freezed my armies rather usually. from other way after my liquidation of elves i had a better ground (lobber there wasnt very usefull) and i managed to win battle with x2 orcs and x1 cavalry regiments left. treeman wasnt a big problem cause he fleed about 2-3 times during the battle.

4) my 4th battle was againt olly. i used my empire army there, cause it was very important battle and i rly think that my empire army is the best one. olly had ice mage, x1 pistoleter, x1 crossbow, x1 meat regiment and possibly soemthing else. map was #5. we both placed our unit on two sied of map, so there was some "battles of micro". mortairs was very good there but it helped anyway. other ppl say that olly killed his own oigre by his mage there - wel i hvnt seen that Smiley

5) and my final battle was agaisnt bembi again.
i placed my orc army and he made a mistake when choosen UD army (i think its very bad armybuild against orcs). map was pyramid.

he had x2 wraiths and x2 ghouls. well with my crowd it wasnt that hard to attack wraith from the back and kill them all. lobber wasnt good there as well, but at least he was possibly scared after each my shoot Smiley like a psycho pressure to the opponent.

thats all and i have to go now, give my additiona lthoughts later.

981  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: i can't save my army!!! on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:02 PM
what about make a print screen of appearing error (if you ahve such error)
if you impossible/dont know how to make print scrren i advice to mace phone cam shot and post image there.

we need mroe info what you doing, maybe you simply doing it wrong...
982  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What excatly statistic of the unit means? on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:27 PM
thank you very much for your very detailed answer. i think its probably enough for me. maybe i also interested to see some thoughts about units and counters for them (comparing TO and ST for example) or best hit-n-runners units (fast attack rates and speed) and so on...

after your explanations i still dont see armor factor - i guess i need to get a model of fighitng (with these rolls like 10' dice and if you get more than enemy plus your bonus and ....)

p.s. and you to be usefull, see graph of treeman vs wights:

983  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / What excatly statistic of the unit means? on: March 27, 2009, 07:57:34 AM
for example see http://en.dark-omen.org/troops/undeads/wights.html

Wights are the decayed remains of evil lords, wearing ancient battle gear and re-animated by the power of necromancy. They are armed with magical Wight Blades which can inflict many wounds with a single blow. If forced to flee from hand-to-hand combat the magical bond which sustains them is destroyed and they crumble to dust. Wights are supernatural creatures which cause fear and are immune to this type of psychology themselves.

what every stat means and how it influence to their battle characteristics?

sorry dont know WH rules.

and how many HP each regiment have? for example, troll , mummie or treeman
984  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: March 27, 2009, 07:48:41 AM
well i hvnt actually remebered how i processed this mission but it was not tank, not at all.
i guess i just stayed an killing all of these waves, then i provoked lord to go (alone) and kill him (rather easilly). i processed this map only one time though, but my brother also hvnt used tank or anything..

the most important units at this map are our cavalry, mortair, mage and crossbowmen.
985  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / i have to alt tab every time i run it and some lags during game on: March 26, 2009, 02:37:24 PM
so i have tft monitor and using CPU settign in graphic.
the first time i tried to launch DO it was crushed, so i used you loading-crush-fix and it worked.
after getting to the main menu i cant see any buttons so i have to alt tab once i started DO. after that all is ok

during playing game i also noticed i hae rather big lags sometiems (playable though) i just compared it with some of your videos and noticed that you dont have any lags at all. (at least it seems like). i will atatch my video setting at the evening, for this moment i may only say that i have all features enabled at the left at Troubleshoter>Advanced and all features at the right of troubleshoter disabled
986  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / 5k/15 my armybuild for UD on: March 26, 2009, 01:59:47 PM
well actualluy i feel bad when posting armybuilds cause im lazy to create new army; but this section is so emtpy that...

my army which has 5/0 score so far if i remebered right

x2 meat
x1 funny guy
x1 big guys
x1 panic machine

x1 mini horn

you got it right, ghouls is just a meat which we block archers or another critical units untill another forces come up.

our main atacking unit is a cavalry and mummies. make sure you attack only one regiment and it will flee fast. this is a key of winning - make them flee and rush another one. when mummies will come you need to direct them to the toughtest enemy, cause mummies one of the toughtest enemy by themselves.

for necromancer u just mainly need to be lucky and get or .
teleport will be useless cause undead fireball really worthless.
987  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:51:07 PM
Screaming Skull Catapult  Level 1  3  3  4   why u increase it in cost that much? mayeb 3 will be ok as well? it misses so often...

How do you mean this? At the moment it is 3. If you buy two of them, you have to "pay" 6 points. The suggestions were "3/4/5" or "3/4/4" now it's "3/3/4" to make it more playable. Or did i missunderstand you?

you got me right. but after your new ruleset i actually re-evualted and really think that mass artilerry doesnt work well. and for other artiellry you actually decreased cost for 3rd unit, but just for screaming catapults yo uactualluy icnreased it. so well we may remain rules the same (cause frankly speaking i dont ever think that some1 wish to use 3 catapults ever) but if i get your logic we need to make it 3/3/3 or 3/3/2.

I don't think, that they're much stronger than Skeleton Warriors (cause they will die, if they have to flee), so only the 2nd and 3rd is more expensive
thats nice point; maybe im just on impression of their power at singleplayer - one of the toughtest unit for me, except mummies and grail. even dead cavalry was weaker, lol.
988  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 26, 2009, 07:32:37 AM
ok i actually like this new ruleset http://wiki.dark-omen.org/index.php?title=DO/Rules/5000/15/Point_list&oldid=2174 but have few thoughts:
Screaming Skull Catapult  Level 1  3  3  4   why u increase it in cost that much? mayeb 3 will be ok as well? it misses so often...
Wights  Level 1  2  3  4  - maybe its a good thin - illl try to use them more this time, but 2 seems too cheap for me... maybe ok tho

Zombies  Level 1  1  0  1  really like how u solved it.
from other hand i think we need to allow get even more zombies (not 3 max). its funny, after all? Smiley
989  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 26, 2009, 07:19:37 AM
hey guys add me to this list Sad
990  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 25, 2009, 09:49:55 PM
Flaks 5000/15 suggestion

ok my notes
i generally dont like idea of increasment points in regiments untill they reach q-ty:2
yeah i think 3rd regiment should cost more possibly |(but depending of the crowd, for example zombies useless anyway)

about mages - i think we just need a rule to set mages to go in close combat if there is only mages left at any side (no matter how many mages u have). i dont think that teleporting of mages have any tactial interest and "right for live" cause dark omen is wargame and not RPG.

Unit                       cost for 1st to 3rd unit

Crossbowmen                   2/3/3 - maybe ok
Imperial Cannon                3/4/5 - i suggest 3/3/3 - i dont see any real power in 3 canons or w/e
Bright Wizard                    2/3/4 - i hate it.
Halbardiers                       1/2/2 - maybe ok
Bowmen                          2/3/3 - maybe ok
Flagellants                       3/3/4 - like it
Mortar                            3/4/5 - i suggest 3/4/4
Ogres                             2/2/3 - like it
Swordsmen                      2/2/3 - like it
Greatswords                    1/2/2 - maybe ok
Ice Mage                         2/3/4 - i hate it.
Cavalry                           3/3/4 - like it
Pistoleers                        4/5/6 - 4/5/5 imo. you wouldnt be ably to contraol 3 units and if yo ureally able to then you desreve to win

Knights of the Realm          3/3/4 - like it
Dwarf Warriors                 2/2/3- like it
Glade Guards                   2/3/3 - i dunno
Wood Elf Archers              4/5/6 - 4/5/5 reasons the same as pistoleter
Treeman                         4/4/5 - like it

Goblin Archers                  1/2/2 - they really suck so i think 1/1/2 would be enough
Goblins                            1/1/1 - ok
Spider                             2/2/3 - 2/2/2 - spiders so fragile unit that u dont need to icnrease cost
Scorpion                         1/2/3 - 1-2-2 seems ok
Goblin Shaman                  1/2/3 - hate it for reasons above
Orc Arrers                       2/2/3 - ok
Orc Boars                        2/2/3 - ok
Orc Boyz                         1/1/2 - ok
Orc Big'uns                      2/2/3 - ok
Orc Bolt Thrower               3/3/4 -ok
Orc Rock Lobber               4/5/6 - 4/5/5/
Troll                                1/2/3 - 1/2/2/
Goblin Archer w.Fanatic     2/3/3 - 2/2/2/ imo. they're pretty much useless
Goblin w.Fanatic               2/2/3 - 2/2/2/ imo. they're pretty much useless

Vampire                           3/4/5 -hate
Ghouls                             1/1/2 -ok
Mummies                          5/6 - ok vbut 6/6 also not bad actually
Necromancer                    2/3/4 - hate
Scull Catapult                   3/4/5 -3/4/4/ ok
Skeleton Archers               2/2/3 -ok
Skeleton Horsemen            3/3/4 - ok
Skeleton Warriors              2/2/3 - ok
Black Grail                        10 -ok
Wights                            3/3/4 -ok
Wraiths                           7/8 - ok
Zombies                          ½/1/1 (2 zombies first must be purchased together and cost ½ each) - ok but i prefer ½/½/1

Items

Horn of Urgok                    10 pts (its better than grail knights in my opinion so it needs to be high to still present a challenge) - 9 imo. but 10 also ok
Banner of Wrath                3 pts - ok
others                              1pts - ok
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67