April 20, 2024, 02:52:09 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]
991  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: March 25, 2009, 07:38:27 AM
sorry bro i just have rather good monitor (24') and thought that it may handle 100hz
but actually as i got yesterday it may handle only 85 hz so i guess there is no point for test?

for futher questions you may talk me in irc (exe) or hamachi
992  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:27 PM
does they have any wish to participate?
993  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Suggestions on: March 24, 2009, 02:29:40 PM
first of all, yeah, thank you all there who participating in that project. looks pretty good idea to make another dark-omen-like game.

i dont actually know why we love DO so much. i tried to figure out few reasons, comparing, for example, to Total War (Rome, II or w/e) and i think we need to remain it to be sure that we will get what we really wanted:

1) whole wargame idea - there is no many wargames at all so any wargame feels rather good
2) very well made creatures -  not only good design, but idea as well. by idea i mean three races and creature size - not that small (comparing to map) as in TW and not too much "crowdy" (16 creatures seems very nice). also DO allow us to play a litle RPG style, cause each unit is unique and we really enjoy every of them and use properly (not like in TW when u have tonns of similar units and its like chess)
3) magic and magic items in the game - very big part of the game;
4) moral factors - very important factor, incl. some fearfull creatures.
5) not very big statistics about each unit - like in WH: mark of chaos you see all these "morale factor" or "dmg factors" which i think ruins the game a little, allow us to choose only the best units, and not the most sexy ones and also some reasons i cant describe
6) good archers and whole archers mechanism (like again in WH:MC these arrow so suck - you cant even see it sometimes, and at DO you may see every arrow, which is sometimes nice and funny)
7) good or not - graphics! yeah, graphics is very colourfull and nice looking, compared to boring Rome TW or "standard" graphic as in WH:MC
8 ) nice working experience system. in WH:MC units capped at 3rdlevel if im not mistaken and actually doesnt seems to be really increased at power
9) ncie looking banners. and also this button (dont know how to say) which you ahve to hit many times to get bonus streight
10) voices, music and these animated portraits. - very big parts of the game, and it will suffer a lot w/o it.

well i think it most of main lines why we love DO. please add some ideas if you think i missed - we need to keep all/most these ideas to be realized in future project, or...
994  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:08 PM
i mean, its not always suit (at least for me) to be sure that i will be "free" for 4-5 hours or so. maybe its possible to change structure of tourneys to be able it matched within 2-3 days, to make sure everyone ok to play and may play in better tiem for each other?

and as i said, i probably ok to play 4 hours or so at 28 march.
995  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: March 24, 2009, 11:50:32 AM
hey guys i just wonder have you ever tried to contact original creators of DO? im not talking about their "ownership" or w/e issues, i just mean maybe they may help you a little with that?
i gues they also was kind of fanatics while making this game...
996  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 24, 2009, 11:33:59 AM
as someone said (as example), there is no point to restrict Horn from the game if its imbalanced, solution is to make this cost rather high. so why we cant apply identical concept for lvl2 units? if you dont see point to use them cause such army would be useless, why you dont want to try other players to test it? (and loose if you're right). i think lvl2 opens up more tactics which is only better to the game.
and about your example:
the dwarf warriors lvl 1 cost 525 & 2 pts, lvl 2 cost 1050gc, what would the pts cost be in this case? 3?
- why not to double up buying points for lvl2 forces? i really think that lvl2 troop is better than 2 similar lvl1 troops in some cases (if you manage to rule them nice). as for some gap between lvl1 and lvl3 (as you said, flagellants) - well why not make points to buy multiply to 3 in that case? and if you arent able to buy it for 15 points (as example grails lvl2 would cost 20 poitns which not apply to 15/5000) then its natural restriction.

p.s. i actually think we strongly need add to multiplayer battles some other forces: open up chariots for UD and add possibility to buy every level of each unit (for example flagellants lvl2). its a question for modding guys though.

Using more than 1000gc on one unit in 5000/15 is normally all you can afford because you could run into an orc army with 10 units and then having only 5-6  units is dangerous, we would see an extensive use of the few low level units suitable for 5000/15.
The system of higher level units im sure would work well in 9000/30 or just 9000 no limit, but 5000/15 does not have enough money and points to give it full credit.

for this issue - every standard lvl2 units able to have 2 artifact slots (correct me if i wrong) so it may pretty much help in hard battles like agaisnt 10 armies.
997  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament March on: March 24, 2009, 11:19:35 AM
i wish to be in in this tourney. im not sure about time though. 28th of march evening seems but am i got right that i have play for about 6 mathces or so at once time?

at mirc my nickname is: exe, at hamachi: skotty119
998  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Battle pictures on: March 24, 2009, 09:34:25 AM
lol, nice one, never seen mages fleeing "forever"
999  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Which Country (/Continent) has most memebers on: March 24, 2009, 09:33:32 AM
RU there
1000  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: March 24, 2009, 09:18:03 AM
so do you basically think that if i have flat monitor which has 8ms response at ability of handling 100Hz i may use DO in 3d without flickering?

should i test it?
1001  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 23, 2009, 07:05:31 PM
i dont want to prevent mass armies but we need a balance, 5000gc will buy you very different armies with the 3 races and the races need to be able to match eachother
give me example of army which seems to be imbalanced for you for some reasons

I dont exspect many to use 2 mages but as the issue with teleporting mages occur after each tournament then i doubt more dodging mages is needed. it was more intented for artillery
afaik there is a rule which prevent mages to teleport if they stay alone (when all troops dead). i think its reasonable and pretty enough move to solve this teleport issue.
as for artilerry - i hvnt faced with much power of them but maybe its reasonable

The introduction of lvl 2 units would totally disrupt the balance that the 5000/15 rules are spose to create, by all means use the rules you feel free in one-on-one battles but for tournaments a level of equal chance is necessary
again, give me example of army which seems to be imbalanced for you for some reasons

Again lvl 2 mages with ashur and wand of jet would cost only 4 pts but would be very powerful compared to lvl 1 regiments
totally agree. i fogot to say that i think increasing cost of mages is necessary. maybe like 2.5; or 2>6 in that case..
1002  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 23, 2009, 06:02:23 PM
Restrict number of same unit type, by increasing cost after 2 for basic units like skeleton/ghouls/greats/halbar/boys/gob like in improved 3000/10 rules by mikademus and increase after 1 for all advanced units like cavalry/bigguns/wights
Only 1 mage and artillery per army
i dont get it. why you want to prevent mass arimes? like cant you crash skeleton hordes or what?
i may udnerstand of reducing max. q-ty of archers by 2, but its close...

as for mages its absurd - noone will ever have 2 mages at once, cause mana points distributed in same q-ty and you usually have it all spended anyway. if empire would use both fire and ice mages i think it'd be very nice to see, and i actually want to see how good player will take advantage of it.

my additional thoughts:
1) i dont like idea of increasing ud archers for 4. its ridicilous for me. 3 as max, but i think 2 is good enough still. maybe 2.5?

2) i want to use lvl2 armies. why not? i think there is nothing wrong from using lvl2 armies, as long as it be double cost at points. you wouldnt be able to use lvl2 black grails anyway, and anything else not really imbalanced as well.

and mages in this case would have much more power, at lvl1 i think they really suck. maybe level up for orc mage should cost less point, cause his spells really weak.

3) i forgot what i wanted to say but hopefully add later.
1003  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / Re: [3k/10] Ghouls need love. on: March 23, 2009, 12:32:22 PM
lol, nice one sir.

few questions:
1) where you got these sexy banners of armies?
2) how many battles you tried?
1004  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: March 22, 2009, 09:33:19 PM
i dunno, undead armies seems to be too expensive by points.
maybe we need to lower down cost of some ud troops?

i think changing Skeleton Horsemen   Level 1   4 to 3 points would be nice
and i also think maybe for zombies we need 0,5 point (why not?)
price between ghouls and zombies not big but power of zombies much less.

also what about allowance of 1 magic item "for free" for any army? (exept horn and banner obv)
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67]