April 16, 2024, 07:29:28 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament March  (Read 28991 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2009, 01:19:37 AM »

congrats Alavet

glad to see and hear how well the tournament went Grin

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2009, 09:33:47 AM »

ok sirs, tx everyone for grats; thanks bembelimen for nice organization (cause without it we'd be unable to know who should play vs whom) and tx every1 for participation.

i have few thoughts about improvment of it though, but i will probably put it a bit later.

as you will see. i dont desrved it 100% (esp. after my 4 Friday battles vs Flaks where he won 3 times of 4), but lets see how it goes:

1) my first match against huks: we chossed map Empire.
well, i can definately say that my UD armybuild really sucs.
from gharby before 30 misn to tournament i heard that most prlayers will possibly have rush armies so then i decided that i def. need a defending army. so every army has a lobber/catapuilt in that way.
its kinda funny, but i never tried sceleton catapuilt before:
x1
x2
x2
x1
x1
x2
p.s. well after reviewing it i see that i still have 1 point left, lol.

so huks had x2 pistoleters x1 flagelant x1 swordmen and x1 something else and maybe something else i hvnt remebered
my slow shit army was unable to do anything against pistoleters and they screwed me like hell. and my catapuilt never hitted, and i found that its VERT slow in firing. maybe like 1 in a roudn or w/e/. from other way it produces fear, but still not enough to compensate how often it miss (and maybe i need more experiments).

so huks owned me, gg

2) my second battle was about bembelimen and i placed my fav. army gaainst him on the map Empire.
x2
x2
x1
x1

bemb had grunt army with artifacts (so it was about 7-8 regiments) and my mortairs just scewed it up. 1st shoot almost killed biguins regiment, 3rd almost killed another regiment and so on. it was funny

3) my third battle was against mr. Shadow, cause we didnt have libertar and i automatically got to semifinal.
map was #5 (hvnt remebred name of it). at this battle i used my orc army:
x2
x2
x2
x1

he had treeman, ice mage, elven bowmen and some elfes with maybe another ground regiment.
battle started with my lobber, it shooted about 2-3 times when i found that elven archers shoots at me from the place i dont see. i immideatly attacked it with cavalry and some bigguys; ice mage had spellbook and freezed my armies rather usually. from other way after my liquidation of elves i had a better ground (lobber there wasnt very usefull) and i managed to win battle with x2 orcs and x1 cavalry regiments left. treeman wasnt a big problem cause he fleed about 2-3 times during the battle.

4) my 4th battle was againt olly. i used my empire army there, cause it was very important battle and i rly think that my empire army is the best one. olly had ice mage, x1 pistoleter, x1 crossbow, x1 meat regiment and possibly soemthing else. map was #5. we both placed our unit on two sied of map, so there was some "battles of micro". mortairs was very good there but it helped anyway. other ppl say that olly killed his own oigre by his mage there - wel i hvnt seen that Smiley

5) and my final battle was agaisnt bembi again.
i placed my orc army and he made a mistake when choosen UD army (i think its very bad armybuild against orcs). map was pyramid.

he had x2 wraiths and x2 ghouls. well with my crowd it wasnt that hard to attack wraith from the back and kill them all. lobber wasnt good there as well, but at least he was possibly scared after each my shoot Smiley like a psycho pressure to the opponent.

thats all and i have to go now, give my additiona lthoughts later.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mr Shadow
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »

Congratulations Alavet!

It was nice doing battle against you, and what a battle! (I remember it well since I made several dreadful mistakes Cry )
The map was Border Counties btw.
And you are wrong in supposing that the Rock Lobber wasn't very useful, the first shot took out half of a Glade Guard regiment and there after proved a terror and nuisance through the rest of the game, an itch I couldn't scratch because a sea of Greenskins was in the way, and I didn't have nearly enough units to just go barging in, while that blasted Rock Lobber kept firing at me AAARRGGHHHHHHHHH!!!  Wink

That suspiciously cowardly Treeman wasn't much help either (and he was fighting orcs, what's up with that?) -I think he was betting the other way and threw the fight  Shocked
Well, atleast he managed to kill that Rock Lobber in the endgame, only to die "gloriously" on the hands of half a regiment of Orc Boys only a few seconds to soon... Tongue

A great game and a great tournament Alavet! I had a ton of laughs!

/Mr Shadow

”Die Uhr geht vorwärts und sagt Tick-Tack, Rommel geht rückwärts und sagt Taktik”
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »

Alavet you must remeber one thing about artillery its not that acurate, but it puts alot of pressure on your enemy and thus can cause the enemy to make mistakes because its a constant stress, "will it hit me" and at one point it will hit when a unit is stationary and it also makes it very hard for the enemy to use archers against you because that makes the archers very vounerable.

you remember my empire army with elven archers, that army is build on the same principal, elven archers arent very effective against moving targets, but they do force the enemy to make moves constantly or they will get hit, often the enemy will forget just for a fews secs and i can get 1-3 full shots at them, and to force the enemy archers into the battle and force them to concentrate on the elves who they cant hurt in a head on duel. My infantry has to keep the enemy busy and bogged down in slow fighting.

and you deserve it mate, its all about having the day and you did Smiley

i had the pleasure of playn quite a few guys before the tournament and i saw some good armies, some good battles and lots of spirit  Wink
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:02:35 PM by Flak » Logged

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

Kuja
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »

Great tournament, congratulations to Alavet for winning.

Next Tour is my Turn hoho, the question is..will someone crush my group stage winning streak?

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 01:54:50 PM »

so my small sugegstions for next tourney:

1) maybe let it go not in one day but within 2-3 days or even more? i mean, i had to make only 5 battles, which definately not enough to say that im really crushing. i mean, for example in first battle i lost - and it might be not only due of my bad armybuild but also from luck or otherwise. maybe huks is the champion, i dont know?

to prevent it, i think we need to icnreasbe q-ty of battles, which might be reached by icnreasment time of play.
for example we may obligate ppl to play 2 battles agaisnt each opponent (which eliminates luck a little). and to get it we may set up tourney for two days: 1st stage (inital group rounds) and second: semi-final and final.

to get it we may make draw for example at 15th of each month and to obligate ppl to play each other untill 28th, where would be decided semi-final participants. it will allow evfery1 to play in preferrable time (except semf/final).

2) every finalist (top3 for example) should post his armies there to allow other ppl to use to invent new tactics and decide whether their points correct or not

3) maybe final should go for 2 or 3 battles?

4) as a reward, maybe allow to finalist to use their own sprite/mode/banner for their armies (with maybe standard characteristics. i.e. just change swordmen sprites for dwarves (special designed by olly)  but remain characteristis the same. is it possible?

3)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 05:32:31 PM »

normally we plan each player to get around 7-9 battles if you have had only 5 then that is not normal, ofcz if people dont show up then changes can be made and players will not get what is planned its a shame but thats just what can happen.
The usually the semi finals and finals are best of 3 games.

If you think that someone has used more than the allowed pts then take a screenshot and from that its relatively easy to see, also more and more games are being recorded. I havent noticed any dodgy armies personally though

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 05:53:11 PM »

You can change sprites and banners, nobody will see the changes because except the army file nothing is transfered.

Dunno, last time there were 3 fights in the finals and semi finals. So I'm not sure what happened there, maybe time issues?

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2009, 07:40:16 PM »

do you mean 3 battles vs one opponent? or just 3 battles fro msemi-final to championship?

about sprites i think its possible to apply it for all players (like mappack)

Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

he means that the semi finals and finals are best of 3 games, who ever wins 2 battles first has won

Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »

And here are the videos:

vs. Chinnico (Border Counties)
5000/15 March Tournament - vs. Chinnico - Border CountiesLQ | by Aeva

vs. MrShadow (Border Counties)
5000/15 March Tournament - vs. MrShadow - Border CountiesLQ | by Aeva

vs. daviwolfy (The Empire)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up